Art Street next to Mikes gone where?

seefah

Recently I went by Mikes in Pattaya to visit the Art Street to get some digital artwork done, but discovered that all the artists were gone and only a dark alley left.

I've had artwork done there before, but have lost the contact details, so any idea where the artists went to?

Edited by seefah
Typo

2 hours ago, davidst01 said:

Like many other people maybe they have given up on pattaya.

And yet oddly the population continues to grow, places like Big C Extra are packed with customers and traffic becomes more and more congested.

In the 15 years I've been here there has always been a small subset of the clueless who keep proclaiming Pattaya is being abandoned in significant numbers. 

As Yogi Berra is alleged to have said:  "Nobody Goes There Anymore, It’s Too Crowded." At least Yogi was being intentionally nonsensical. 

You could get some wonderful things done there.... They would turn a photograph into a painting which was great gifts for Grandads and Grandmas..

Ok they cheat a little and use a projector to paint over original image but such lovely unique gifts and at the fraction of the cost anywhere else in the world.

I'd be very sad to see them go... I thought they were onto a good thing...

Maybe Mike got greedy with the rent!

Thanks dean2926, you are correct, as also confirmed in Kev-in-Thailand's vlog I just watch this morning;

I tried doing the work I needed myself, but after seeing my final effort, better I just go to this new location for Art Street.
Kev does make a good point about comparing old location and new location, and I'd agree that the new location is probably better.

Thanks everyone.

10 hours ago, dean2926 said:

They have all been removed permanently as Mikes is being rebuilt.

The majority have moved to Tipp Plaza which is about 100 metres north of Mikes.

Well, we gon' to have to pretend we didn't hear that because it just doesn't fit in with the Perpetual Pattaya Death Spiral nonsense.

18 hours ago, davidst01 said:

Like many other people maybe they have given up on pattaya.

This will free up space beside Mike's for an easier shortcut on the bike. :)

2 hours ago, seefah said:

Thanks dean2926, you are correct, as also confirmed in Kev-in-Thailand's vlog I just watch this morning;

I tried doing the work I needed myself, but after seeing my final effort, better I just go to this new location for Art Street.
Kev does make a good point about comparing old location and new location, and I'd agree that the new location is probably better.

Thanks everyone.

Where does this Tube guy come from?. Weird open mouth accent with many letters missing. Guess some place in the UK.

23 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

And yet oddly the population continues to grow, places like Big C Extra are packed with customers and traffic becomes more and more congested.

In the 15 years I've been here there has always been a small subset of the clueless who keep proclaiming Pattaya is being abandoned in significant numbers. 

As Yogi Berra is alleged to have said:  "Nobody Goes There Anymore, It’s Too Crowded." At least Yogi was being intentionally nonsensical. 

You mean the population continues to "change". It used to be a monger town, but it's become a place for weekend Thais and Chinese cheap package tourists.

Neither subset is going to give the bars enough profit to survive for much longer, except probably on Buakhao.

All those Issan girls gonna have to go on the internet to catch an ATM now.

If Mike's being rebuilt, I hope they cover those exposed rebars. Been an eyesore for over 25 years.

The artists have been there for so long they should be declared to be a Pattaya icon.

Edited by thaibeachlovers