filling new tm8 form - reentry permit

placnx

The new form on page 2 now asks for information regarding "previous visa". Is this the visa by which I entered Thailand in 2004 and have been extending for retirement ever since? Would anyone having used this new form please let the community know their experience.

Not sure that this is new as the TM8 that I have been using for years has always had this requirement.

I've always used my original entry date and visa info - way back in 2004 - for the purpose.  No idea if this is correct or whether you should use the info and date from your last re-entry permit but I've never had it questioned.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

I let them fill in any of the blanks I am not sure of or tell me what information they want in them.  Never a problem.

I always ask

Is This correct

Only problem i have

Is trying to explain on a Multi Entry

I do not know where i am going Or When

They dont seen to understand this

14 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

Only problem i have

Is trying to explain on a Multi Entry

I do not know where i am going Or When

They dont seen to understand this

Give them anything reasonable, they do not check and if you do not make the trip you can simply say you changed your mind, they do understand that very well.  They never have wanted more than one trip for the multiple, at least not from me.

It is not unreasonable on their part, they probably think why spend money for a reentry permit if you do not have a trip planned.

Just looked at my copies of re-entry permits issued in 2017, 2016, and 2015 and each form has had the requirement to list "previous" visa (so I don't think that's new at all).  I've always marked the Non-O box and put in the dates for my latest extension.  Re-entry permits (both at the airport desk and at the Immigration office) were issued without any comment about that information.  As to whether it's technically correct, heck if I know.  I actually first entered on a Tourist Visa and Hua Hin Immigration, while cancelling the Tourist Visa, issued me a Non-O Immigration Visa (yes, a that's what it reads) and my first retirement extension at the same time many years ago. 

I am using a new version. I think that ubonjoe said that he first posted about new TM7 & TM8 in March this year. Anyway, I got from him a fillable package od forms as a pdf file, doc for TM8 not being available. This new form is two pages, not the single page of previous years. I have never supplied a photocopy of the visa from the previous passport since the new passport has a visa transfer stamp.

Looking at the old forms, various commenters are correct in saying that "previous visa" was asked for in the old form as well. In fact, now comparing in detail I can only see one change in text: In "Notice" at the end, there is no longer mention of the fee amounts for single or multiple permits. However, contrary to comments of some, for "previous visa" I always put the most recent re-entry permit information, so it is issued at Chiang Mai last year, and my most recent arrival information fits with this since I wrote my re-entry permit number on TM6 on arrival.

The reason for now having two pages is that the text size is larger and spacing wider. Maybe I should use the old form since it's a fillable Word doc.

Archived