Congresswoman says Trump told widow of fallen soldier 'he knew what he signed up for'

webfact

Trump's denial of insulting Sgt. Johnson's widow: "I had a very nice conversation with the woman, with the wife.”

Not...
with Mrs. Johnson

or

with the wife of the late Sgt. Johnson

or

with Myeshia

He didn’t remember her name, didn’t care to, didn’t want to, couldn’t be bothered to. A “soulless coward” indeed.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, habanero said:

Congresswoman says Trump told widow of fallen soldier 'he knew what he signed up for

Hearsay from a Democratic Congresswoman as told on CNN. Think I'll wait for the real story from the family.

And you claimed to have a husband on active duty. If that is true, I feel truly sorry for him.

Just now, habanero said:

It must be tragic not knowing how to read. I truly feel sorrier for you.

Yes it is, as you should know; having needed to apologize for your own misquotes on several posts.

Yes you said your husband (rather than being on active duty) is a life member of both the VFW and American Legion .. which, in hindsight, makes me feel sorrier for him; especially if any of the members who know him read your post and associate it with him.

18 hours ago, habanero said:

The job of the armed forces is to kill people and break things. True, they could die during the performance of doing their duty.  They know this going forward.

"It is what they signed up for".

Classless and ignorant comment of a typical trump supporter.

2 minutes ago, klikster said:

Classless and ignorant comment of a typical trump supporter.

Yeah, and if what trump said was acceptable, trump wouldn't be denying it. Based on objective statistics that trump lies about 75 percent of the time, he must know the vast majority of Americans, including trumpists, believe he is lying about this as will. It sounds like him. He doubles down saying he has "proof" and it turns out he is lying about that too. What a total immoral sleazeball president. How much longer can people put up with this?

4 hours ago, habanero said:

First of all, I am not a "His".

Second,  over 20 yrs working for the DOD as a civilian contractor.

Six years assigned to the Pentagon.

Married to a retired Army Officer 

I am pretty sure my sources would pass muster.

Your "sources" might but I severely doubt your attitude would.

If you give me your Pentagon superior's contact, I'll be happy to send him/her copies of your posts and maybe we'll find out?

White House says Trump's check to military family has been sent

tag-reuters.jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during a meeting with members of the Senate Finance Committee at the White House in Washington, U.S., October 18, 2017. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The check has been sent.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1007627-white-house-says-trumps-check-to-military-family-has-been-sent/

4 hours ago, pegman said:

I'm pretty sure I heard Trump say he calls all families of killed soldiers, unlike Obama. Somehow he missed this one.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/10/18/gold_star_widow_i_never_received_a_phone_call_from_president_trump_i_was_told_i_would.html

Not much of a surprise from a pathological liar eh? This deluded/sick man needs to be removed and given medical/psychological treatment. 

1 minute ago, selftaopath said:

Not much of a surprise from a pathological liar eh? This deluded/sick man needs to be removed and given medical/psychological treatment. 

Removed yes.

But I don't think there is any medical cure for an evil 71 year old man.

Just send him back to his golden tower and be done with it. 

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Removed yes.

But I don't think there is any medical cure for an evil 71 year old man.

Just send him back to his golden tower and be done with it. 

I know where I'd like to send him and it's not to a golden tower.....

Pretty sure that what he set out to do was to honor the serviceman by saying that he volunteered to serve his country regardless of the real risk to life. Unfortunately for him and the widow, Trump is pretty inarticulate and what he said was crassly hurtful and insensitive. Shouldn't be surprised that Trump isn't any good at this sort of thing. Wouldn't be surprised if he thought it a good idea to comp war widows with a night at one of his excellent hotels or offer a tour of his gold plated toilets and taps. He'd be surprised if they weren't awed and grateful Look, the man shook his wife's hand after she introduced him at an event. Shook her hand! Given that,  it's pretty clear that he shouldn't be calling war widows. Firing them yes, consoling them no.

Oops, and another:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/356096-father-of-fallen-soldier-i-want-to-start-a-twitter-account-to

4 hours ago, pegman said:

I'm pretty sure I heard Trump say he calls all families of killed soldiers, unlike Obama. Somehow he missed this one.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/10/18/gold_star_widow_i_never_received_a_phone_call_from_president_trump_i_was_told_i_would.html

It is telling that he has since referred to Sgt. Johnson's widow as "the wife". I guess that's better than "what's her name"?

And the forgotten $25,000 check to Cpl. Baldridge's father kerfuffle seems to indicate some new level of cruelty and incompetence?

Having him phone people to do anything other than to harangue and demean them is probably not something the WH staff should continue? Get Alec Baldwin to do it, or send a form letter.

Handwritten...

Executive Mansion,

Washington, December 23, 1862.

Dear Fanny

It is with deep grief that I learn of the death of your kind and brave Father; and, especially, that it is affecting your young heart beyond what is common in such cases. In this sad world of ours, sorrow comes to all; and, to the young, it comes with bitterest agony, because it takes them unawares. The older have learned to ever expect it. I am anxious to afford some alleviation of your present distress. Perfect relief is not possible, except with time. You can not now realize that you will ever feel better. Is not this so? And yet it is a mistake. You are sure to be happy again. To know this, which is certainly true, will make you some less miserable now. I have had experience enough to know what I say; and you need only to believe it, to feel better at once. The memory of your dear Father, instead of an agony, will yet be a sad sweet feeling in your heart, of a purer and holier sort than you have known before.

Please present my kind regards to your afflicted mother.

Your sincere friend

A. Lincoln

http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/mccull.htm

"Hi, this is President Trump. This a bad time? If it's a bad time just say so. Good. OK, how ya doing? You taking some time off or you still going to work?"

"Excuse me?"

"Either way is okay. I'm not saying anything. What I am saying is, there's lots of jobs out there for people who want to work, that's all. Unemployment's the lowest it's ever been, is all I'm saying. Listen, sweetheart, I'm calling because, uh, I understand your -- boyfriend? Husband. I can't make out these chicken-scratches they give me here, very bad handwriting, the worst. Anyway, your husband had some kind of accident over in -- Niger? I say that right? Niger. Thank God. I guess they told you about it, but it was news to me, and when I heard I said, the President of the United States must call this woman and tell her that, uh, Private, Private what's-his-name died a...

http://alicublog.blogspot.com/2017/10/why-other-three-soldiers-families-didnt.html

4 minutes ago, Jim1000 said:

Seems the POTUS is the new normal..................

He says he's "modern day" presidential.

Odd given his campaign slogan romanticizing a supposedly better (whiter?), earlier time of supposed American "greatness" in the past. 

2 hours ago, Neurath said:

Pretty sure that what he set out to do was to honor the serviceman by saying that he volunteered to serve his country regardless of the real risk to life. Unfortunately for him and the widow, Trump is pretty inarticulate and what he said was crassly hurtful and insensitive. Shouldn't be surprised that Trump isn't any good at this sort of thing. Wouldn't be surprised if he thought it a good idea to comp war widows with a night at one of his excellent hotels or offer a tour of his gold plated toilets and taps. He'd be surprised if they weren't awed and grateful Look, the man shook his wife's hand after she introduced him at an event. Shook her hand! Given that,  it's pretty clear that he shouldn't be calling war widows. Firing them yes, consoling them no.

Inarticulate. Yes,Twitterman fits this description .Nobody cares more for the military then Twitterman. "Stop calling war widows",Nah. If you don't want to talk to him then don't .

Edited by riclag

Yeah, he care's so much that he was a draft dodger.

He was a fake military dude in his youth when his KKK loving Daddy sent him down the river to a fake military school because he was such a bad liddle boy.

Just as he was a fake soldier, he progressed in life to be a fake many things, started a fake university, and now is arguably a fake (as in totally unqualified) potus. 

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He says he's "modern day" presidential.

Odd given his campaign slogan romanticizing a supposedly better (whiter?), earlier time of supposed American "greatness" in the past. 

He’s a modern day president promising to bring back the good old days.

He’s a billionaire with no history of philanthropy looking out for the working class.

He’s a misogynist who respects women.

He’s a draft dodger who knows more than the generals.

He’s a little fingered guy with a big dick.

23 hours ago, habanero said:

The job of the armed forces is to kill people and break things. True, they could die during the performance of doing their duty.  They know this going forward.

"It is what they signed up for".

Is this what you would tell your grieving kids if their father had been killed in action "Stop crying - it's what he signed up for"

And habanero din't you just say this:

First of all, I am not a "His".

Second,  over 20 yrs working for the DOD as a civilian contractor.

Six years assigned to the Pentagon.

Married to a retired Army Officer 

I am pretty sure my sources would pass muster

My friends wife is a she

She worked over 20 years for the DOD as a civilian contractor

She was assigned to the pentagon for 4 years

She was married to a full time active military officer

.............she had a newspaper and sandwich business selling on bases in Europe and the Pentagon.

Most of her sources would pass mustard.

And certainly no credible sources that could or would divulge any information classified or not to her. Most of her sources were the "wives of' coffee mornings so she knew who was screwing who.

I'm sure Congressional Republicans will put the same level of effort into investigating what happened with this botched Niger raid, as they did for the Benghazi incident. After all the same number of Americans died.

/just kidding

Edited by mtls2005

50 minutes ago, riclag said:

If Twitterman didn't care or better yet was Insensitive ,why would he bother to call. 

Because he is an idiot, but thinks he is a kind, caring, sensitive and articulate man............as I said in another post, he is stupid but just doesn't know it.

On 10/18/2017 at 1:43 PM, habanero said:

Congresswoman says Trump told widow of fallen soldier 'he knew what he signed up for

Hearsay from a Democratic Congresswoman as told on CNN. Think I'll wait for the real story from the family.

The soldier's mom, who was also in the car when the call came on speaker phone, confirms what the congresswoman has said.