Air conditioning question

RickG16

I have A/C which is slightly different to the standard 'white unit on a wall' which you often see in Thailand. It is essentially a big vent / grate in the ceiling of my room, which I operate from a digital panel on the wall. It works great and I have found it better than the white units for circulation....

However, I've noticed under the grate it seems to have have gathered a lot of dust, and I have an eye infection recently which may, or may not, have had something to do with the amount of dust in my room.

I'm keen to clean it - anyone know how best to go about cleaning these kind of A/C grates? Can I lift it off? Or should I just clean away the dust I can reach with a wet cloth?

Cheers

Edited by RickG16

Can you post a photo?

It sounds like a "cassette" aircon which you can clean in the same way as a wall mount unit.

Does it look like this:-

autg18lvla_autg24lvlcC34FB1FC2149.tmb-pr

IIRC the filter is behind the centre grille which should just unclip.

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Presumably the fan and radiator fins also need cleaning from time to time with a pressure spray, in the same way as wall mounted units do?

of course; but that's not a job for a layman. it's much more difficult than cleaning a wall mounted unit.

As others already suggested, get professional help to clean the unit.

Try to find out the manufacturer, and then search the web for their service contract. Request the original

manufacturer to send a service team. This is what I did for my Diaken inverter and Diaken Casste A/C. It

will be cheaper in the long term.

All Thais will claim, that they are "Engineers" and can fix everything. I wasted 3 months and lots of money

on the drive by guys.

Now I only use manufacturer certified techs ...

rudi