Police arrest 13 Nigerian illegal immigrants in Bangkok

webfact

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Can someone just please confirm to me that I am safe and wont be arrested as I live on the Darkside ? 

as long as you are not a criminal you will be safe from arrest like anyone. these guys are not being rounded up without any prior knowledge. i think that condo place they were staying was the same place they rounded some up a couple of years ago. someone is organizing all this and even using the same condos it seems.from past reports it's all linked to the leader known only as yusuf who takes a cut for organizing paperwork, bank accounts etc. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

as long as you are not a criminal you will be safe from arrest like anyone. these guys are not being rounded up without any prior knowledge. i think that condo place they were staying was the same place they rounded some up a couple of years ago. someone is organizing all this and even using the same condos it seems.from past reports it's all linked to the leader known only as yusuf who takes a cut for organizing paperwork, bank accounts etc. 

Sigh, darkside was pun about colour. I'm a honky !

Nigerians are known the world over at being the Lords of Scam. Thai's are pretty good at that too. However, those Nigerians are freakin' horrendous and are up to their eyeballs in dodgyness. DEPORT THE LOT OF THEM, I say! And make it REALLY hard for them to get into the country.

5 hours ago, HerbalEd said:

You're the logical one here??? Happier means more happy. Maybe you should have said you are less unhappy with the Nigerians. 

"Less unhappy" simply equates to "more happy".... it's the same principle. 

"I'm happier having my throat slit than my leg cut off" does not mean that one is "happy" to have their throat slit.

"I'm faster over 100 metres on one leg than doing forward rolls" does not mean that one is "fast" on one leg.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

14 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Logic ain't your strong point is it :D I said 'happier' not 'happy'.

Though Lagos surely can't be as dreadful as Pattaya, I'll stick to visiting neither.

Pattaya is a haven of safety compared to pretty much anywhere in Africa. To compare Pattaya with Lagos shows an outstanding level of ignorance.

10 hours ago, geisha said:

What I can't understand is how masses of Nigerians ( or Africans ) can openly work, and go about their business in Bangkok without any hassle from the police ? There's even black  girls on the streets, and yes, quite a few Russian ladies too. Isn't it obvious to the immigration police that they are not " tourists" ? And is it so easy for them to get SETV visas, where others , for example in France, have to produce return air tickets, bank statements etc ! ? And no, Im not naive ! 

Masses of Africans? What is a mass to you? 50? 100? Oh and the Russians are "quite few". Could you also do a census of the masses of farang paedophiles and fugitive criminals and the reasons why it is easy for them to get visas?

Logic ain't your strong point is it :D I said 'happier' not 'happy'.

Though Lagos surely can't be as dreadful as Pattaya, I'll stick to visiting neither.

I've visited both.......prefer Pattaya though

53 minutes ago, rott said:

Pattaya is a haven of safety compared to pretty much anywhere in Africa. To compare Pattaya with Lagos shows an outstanding level of ignorance.

My tongue was firmly in cheek to be fair, the crux of the point I was making on this topic was that I find the hordes of predominantly western sex tourists in parts of Thailand more abhorrent than a few black guys selling drugs in parts of Thailand. Which I genuinely do. You can walk away from the dealers in lower Suk, but the pervs in that area, and in Pattaya, are.. pervasive.

My reason for not wishing to visit Lagos differs, and is more to do with the potential for violent crime. I lived in Cape Town for a few months and didn't even like that place very much for this reason despite it being one of the safest parts of the continent, so it's highly unlikely I'd choose to visit the continent again.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

It's awesome, I'm sure, if you're a sex tourist. But personally, I thought it utterly dreadful, primarily due to Chang vest sporting fat pervert westerners.

I realise I'm probably in a minority on ThaiVisa. Each to their own. However I genuinely find a few black guys peddling drugs less distasteful than reams of leering overweight perverts roaming the streets.

I agree with you to each his own. Probably your aggressive words hit me wrong. I am not a fan of drug dealers.  Thankfully I don’t need street drugs so far. 

And I appreciate a place on this planet where me and others can satisfy our sexual desires with beautiful Thai women. Some men prefer ladyboys or men so I don’t mean to exclude them but I am a fan of adult consensual sex and really enjoy sex with Thai women and the freedom to walk the street looking for it if I choose. Peace 

Toma(h)toes / Toma(y)tos :) - end of the day both prostitution and drugs are illegal - everyone has their vices..

I'm not suggesting rounding up sex tourists and deporting them, just highlighting that for me I genuinely find them, and the surrounding industry, more annoying than the dealers. With the dealers I just say 'no thanks mate' and carry on walking, same as I do the the ladyboys. At least in the case of the dealers they don't tend to attempt to grab hold of me and try to persuade me.

I know my words can sound barbed - I'm a sarcastic git. It's usually typed with a smile. Peace back.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Whenever Nigerians and African scammers get arrested for scamming and pimping they come on line saying “but we’re not as bad as paedophiles”.

Well there are thousands of African scammers, pimps and other low life in Thailand. These guys are criminals in there own country and criminals in Thailand. Their own country is a basket case and they screw up and corrupt every country they go to. There are more Nigerians in Thai jails than people of any other country and Nigerians are the fastest growing. Whilst wester peodphiles in Thailand is once in a blue moon, the rape of children in Africa is commonplace. 

By by the way I work in Africa and have a lot of good African friends, but I don’t like selfish corrupting criminals and their apologists.

•  
  • 1,812 posts
7 hours ago, rott said:

My tongue was firmly in cheek to be fair, the crux of the point I was making on this topic was that I find the hordes of predominantly western sex tourists in parts of Thailand more abhorrent than a few black guys selling drugs in parts of Thailand. Which I genuinely do. You can walk away from the dealers in lower Suk, but the pervs in that area, and in Pattaya, are.. pervasive.

You prefer low life drug dealers, who are ruining peoples lives, to a few beer-bellied, Chang T shirt wearing westerners? What a strange set of values you have. Do the westerners approach you and try and corrupt you, or is it just the sight of them you can't stand? I've lived in Pattaya for over 8 years and yet to see hordes of the type you describe. So perhaps as well as having somewhat questionable values, you also seem to be prone to gross exaggeration.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:
  •  
  • 1,812 posts

You prefer low life drug dealers, who are ruining peoples lives, to a few beer-bellied, Chang T shirt wearing westerners? What a strange set of values you have. Do the westerners approach you and try and corrupt you, or is it just the sight of them you can't stand? I've lived in Pattaya for over 8 years and yet to see hordes of the type you describe. So perhaps as well as having somewhat questionable values, you also seem to be prone to gross exaggeration.

Yes, I prefer to be in an environment where there are occasional drug dealers, than one riddled with sex tourists (and let's be clear here, I said sex tourists). I don't agree that they are "ruining people's lives", I think if someone wants to take drugs then they should be able to - It's their own body - just like I don't have an issue with alcohol companies despite the fact that some users can't control themselves under the influence.

I also don't consider the exchange "hi, what you looking for : nothing thanks" to be an attempt at corruption, but perhaps I just have some self control. I mean really, have you ever actually encountered a drug dealer in lower suk following you insisting "try it, you might like it!". Sounds like someone watched too much Grange Hill in the 80s.

If you genuinely don't see the hordes of sex tourists in pattaya, and the prevalence of overweight westerners in singlets, then I can only surmise that it's become normal to you.

In terms of my issue, yeah a lot if it is an aesthetic one, I don't like being around sex tourists, it's dismal visually and audibly.

Far, far worse than the sex tourists or dealers though, at least in lower suk, is the blatant child abuse in the form of organised child begging rings with their fingers in human trafficking. Now that's certainly something that I'd happily see eradicated.

As for value questioning, I could say precisely the same to you. Though I'm sure you'd give as much of a rat's arse about it as I do.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

If you genuinely don't see the hordes of sex tourists in pattaya, and the prevalence of overweight westerners in singlets, then I can only surmise that it's become normal to you.

Perhaps I see another side to Pattaya that you have never encountered. I don't frequent the tourist traps for a start, but describe to me what you find so abhorrent about overweight tourists in Pattaya that you could overlook in say Miami? You describe these hordes as sex tourists, does this mean they all have their tongue down some bar girls throat (or worse), or are they just sitting quietly at a bar downing a few Changs? Do I detect a puritanical streak in your criticism of Pattaya? Perhaps a monastic retreat would be more your speed.

Not puritanical in the slightest, I just honestly find them to be tiresome and soul destroying to be around. I didn't give Pattaya a huge chance to be fair, since it was so clearly not a place I wanted to stay - it was primarily the level of conversation, which tended to be around 90% about screwing hookers. I'd again like to highlight that I didn't say 'overweight tourists', I said 'fat sex tourists' - though my issue can be distilled down to 'sex tourists' .

I've spent a lot of time in Sao Paulo, which has loads of hookers (and indeed dealers), but even in the red light districts you can get a decent conversation and meet plenty of normal girls It just seems that in Thailand when you have an area renowned for sex tourism, it becomes solely about that.

It is true that I didn't head far from the tourist areas, but from what I could tell if you wanted to drink and party, then that was the area. I like to drink and party, just like a little more interesting conversation to go along with it.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

13 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Not puritanical in the slightest, I just honestly find them to be tiresome and soul destroying to be around. I didn't give Pattaya a huge chance to be fair, since it was so clearly not a place I wanted to stay - it was primarily the level of conversation, which tended to be around 90% about screwing hookers. I'd again like to highlight that I didn't say 'overweight tourists', I said 'fat sex tourists' - though my issue can be distilled down to 'sex tourists' .

I've spent a lot of time in Sao Paulo, which has loads of hookers (and indeed dealers), but even in the red light districts you can get a decent conversation and meet plenty of normal girls It just seems that in Thailand when you have an area renowned for sex tourism, it becomes solely about that.

It is true that I didn't head far from the tourist areas, but from what I could tell if you wanted to drink and party, then that was the area. I like to drink and party, just like a little more interesting conversation to go along with it.

You hang around red light areas but don't like sex tourists ? And yet you admit to being one !!!

13 hours ago, berybert said:

You hang around red light areas but don't like sex tourists ? And yet you admit to being one !!!

Congratulations on finding the hidden bit of text where I made that admission. You win a pair of glasses.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

6 minutes ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Congratulations on finding the hidden bit if text I made where I made that admission. You win a pair of glasses.

So you hang around red light areas looking for  a decent conversation? Yeah right. Just research for the book you are writing no doubt. Suddenly any credibility you may have had has been lost.

Edited by giddyup

27 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So you hang around red light areas looking for  a decent conversation? Yeah right. Just research for the book you are writing no doubt. Suddenly any credibility you may have had has been lost.

No, I go hang out with mates, drink, hit up clubs, meet new people. Same as I do in areas where there aren't hookers tbh.

Only someone limited to experience of Thai red light districts could not comprehend that other activities could exist in areas where prostitutes are. Never been drinking and partying in Soho? Rua Augusta? Plenty of fun to be had without renting a hooker in both those places.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

2 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

No, I go hang out with mates, drink, hit up clubs, meet new people. Same as I do in areas where there aren't hookers tbh.

Only someone limited to experience of Thai red light districts could not comprehend that other activities could exist in areas where prostitutes are. Never been drinking and partying in Soho? Rua Augusta? Plenty of fun to be had without renting a hooker in both those places.

So why call the guys who frequent bars in Pattaya "Sex Tourists"? They could be there for the same reasons as you. In fact when I first came to Pattaya with a few other guys that's exactly what we did, hit the bars for some fun and a few coldies. Not to say that sex never raised it's head in the few weeks we were here, but it wasn't the predominant reason. Sure, there's plenty of lonely single guys that come to Pattaya, but probably a lot of them are looking for a relationship rather than just a one night stand.  In fact you are sounding more like a snob than anything else, you are there (red light districts) for the ambience and lively conversation, but the bar scene in Pattaya only attracts sleazy, overweight sex tourists. Give me a break!

5 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Congratulations on finding the hidden bit of text where I made that admission. You win a pair of glasses.

"I've spent a lot of time in Sao Paulo, which has loads of hookers (and indeed dealers), but even in the red light districts you can get a decent conversation and meet plenty of normal girls It just seems that in Thailand when you have an area renowned for sex tourism, it becomes solely about that".

Those are your words. You hang around the red light areas of San Paulo and Pattaya. And many other places one would expect.

Doesn't take a genius to work out you love the sexpat lifestyle. Maybe a bit jealous some of the fat old munters in wife beaters can afford better birds than you can.

The man doth protest too much.

Edited by berybert

Farang sex tourists bring vital money into the country, providing thousands of Thai families with food on their tables and a roof over their heads.

Nigerian Drug dealers take vital money out of the country, leaving thousands of Thai families without food and destitute on the streets.

16 hours ago, berybert said:

"I've spent a lot of time in Sao Paulo, which has loads of hookers (and indeed dealers), but even in the red light districts you can get a decent conversation and meet plenty of normal girls It just seems that in Thailand when you have an area renowned for sex tourism, it becomes solely about that".

Those are your words. You hang around the red light areas of San Paulo and Pattaya. And many other places one would expect.

Doesn't take a genius to work out you love the sexpat lifestyle. Maybe a bit jealous some of the fat old munters in wife beaters can afford better birds than you can.

The man doth protest too much.

As it happens, not that it's relevant, I could afford to take a hooker (or 5) every night of the week if I wanted, I just don't want or need to.

Not wasting any more time talking to myopic space wasters on here. Especially ones that can't read or comprehend anything outside of their sad and depressing goldfish bowl.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

1 hour ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

As it happens, not that it's relevant, I could afford to take a hooker (or 5) every night of the week if I wanted, I just don't want or need to.

Not wasting any more time talking to myopic space wasters on here. Especially ones that can't read or comprehend anything outside of their sad and depressing goldfish bowl.

You'll be sadly missed.:clap2:

@searat7 if that's the case then the majority of westerners (mainly whites and visa runners) in Thailand will be rounded up and deported. This is not your country, don't let your prejudice blind you. Thais do not want you living in their country irrespective of your race but will gladly take your money

On 10/21/2017 at 3:53 PM, LammyTS1 said:

Farang sex tourists bring vital money into the country, providing thousands of Thai families with food on their tables and a roof over their heads.

Nigerian Drug dealers take vital money out of the country, leaving thousands of Thai families without food and destitute on the streets.

Drivel

Nigerian drug dealers might take money out of the country but Nigeria as a whole is one of Thaland's biggest trade partners.

They do more legit trade with Thailand than the United Kingdom; trade which provides "thousands of Thai families with food on their tables and a roof over their heads" without demeaning them and condemning their children to follow their hooker mothers into a life of abject misery in the sex industry.