Why Few Thai Women Are Saying #MeToo

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What would be the second step ?

Tell me how you would go about stopping sexual attacks ?

If I may,

The second step is to understand what is stated in the first step. 

Sexual attacks can be stopped by creating a culture of communication. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What would be the second step ?

Tell me how you would go about stopping sexual attacks ?

Oh there are many ways, and societies are ever evolving them.

As I say though the best first step is to stop the contemptible practices of victim blaming/shaming...

17 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

"Thailand still grapples with a victim-blaming culture in which victims of rape or sexual harassment are blamed for what they wear or where they go. This mindset remains fixed in society at large.

Jaded, who campaigns extensively on women’s rights, said these beliefs must change.

“The myth that blames victims for calling for attention or dress in overly revealing clothes should be changed,"

Evident from the top down and across forums discussing such issues...

yes even the PM said on tv that the English woman would not have been killed if she had not have been wearing a bikini, of course, he was miss informed, but that does not change what he said.

38 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Yes, and we are discussing the many facets of the problem. We had some good answers so far.

I can say that i would probably fight to defend a woman attacked on the street, but i have my doubts about wannabe actresses going to a hotel room with a well known movie moghul.

It's not all black and white, if you get my drift.

Having being following the stories around that bag of filth, many were young, naive and/or pressured into doing something they didn't want to do.

Many were then forced into silence.

That is what is happening across the world.

allowing the scum who predate upon women to escape justice by blaming/shaming the victim into not reporting these crimes has got to stop.

Edited by Bluespunk

23 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Harassment is caused by a breakdown of communication. From the male's inability to read the female mind. 

Inability :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: ----  surely you mean impossibility -- not just in the case of rape / harassment but overall.

Edited by Artisi

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Having being following the stories around that bag of filth, many were young, naive and/or pressured into doing something they didn't want to do.

Many were then forced into silence.

That is what is happening across the world.

allowing the scum who predate upon women to escape justice by blaming/shaming the victim has got to stop.

I am not sure if i can get my point across in the right way, but..

Men are "wired" to desire and possess a woman, women are "wired" in trying to be attractive to a man..

Take off those "wirings" and the humankind will be extinguished in a couple of generations.

When people cannot get above those "animal" feelings, problems happen.

About those women fallen prey of that bag of filth, as you call it, i am pretty sure most of them knew they were playing with fire.

First of all, the problem seems to be, that sexual assault needs to be identified as such!

In a society, where women are seen as second class- humans, existing to serve their master (man), it is kind of difficult!

I would hazard a wild guess, that there is a giant number of sexual abuses, happening in private between husband and wife...

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Men are "wired" to desire and possess a woman, women are "wired" in trying to be attractive to a man..

Take off those "wirings" and the humankind will be extinguished in a couple of generations.

About those women fallen prey of that bag of filth, as you call it, i am pretty sure most of them knew they were playing with fire.

We are not talking about attraction, that happens and is reciprocal.

We are talking about scum who force their unwanted attentions on women, who because of a culture of victim blaming/shaming are unwilling to report it.

Attraction and predatory harassment of women are not the same thing.

23 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I'm absolutely certain they were happy to trade sex for fame and fortune.

Now they are too old to profit from their looks, and become rancid entitled hags,  they've decide to make some more money off the guy with claims for 'compensation'. They remind me of my former wife in the UK, I wasn't going to earn any more money for her, so she decided to make a few accusations and take more.

You show me a woman in a worthwhile job, and I'll defend her rights.

Plenty of photos of the 'victims' looking happy with his hands on them at Hollywood parties.

judd.jpg

rose.jpg

Edited by MaeJoMTB

11 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

It is certainly a fine line, for many of the women it was simply uncalled-for harassment , while in others it was what as a younger guy we recognised as "hawking the fork" and used for their own benefit,  but crying foul after the event (in some cases years later) it not valid. 

To separate the differences becomes difficult especially if being used to settle a score or perceived injustice for something that didn't pan out as envisaged.

But if the perpetrator is guilty - then there is no argument - guilty. 

Edited by Artisi

18 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

"Thailand still grapples with a victim-blaming culture in which victims of rape or sexual harassment are blamed for what they wear or where they go. This mindset remains fixed in society at large.

Jaded, who campaigns extensively on women’s rights, said these beliefs must change.

“The myth that blames victims for calling for attention or dress in overly revealing clothes should be changed,"

Evident from the top down and across forums discussing such issues...

Sadly right... Included this forum.

Sad to see many fellow users here with this archaic and despicable mindset.

2 minutes ago, newcomer71 said:

Sadly right... Included this forum.

Sad to see many fellow users here with this archaic and despicable mindset.

My mindset is "I can pay", we agree a price, then we trade.

I'm guessing Weinstein thought similarly.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

We are not talking about attraction, that happens and is reciprocal.

We are talking about scum who force their unwanted attentions on women, who because of a culture of victim blaming/shaming are unwilling to report it.

Attraction and predatory harassment of women are not the same thing.

I'm afraid we are going in circles here.

Painting women like victims all the time, is an implicit admission of women mental weakness and stupidity.

I am not buying that.

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I'm afraid we are going in circles here.

Painting women like victims all the time, is an implicit admission of women mental weakness and stupidity.

I am not buying that.

Really,painting a picture am I?

I think you may find the title of that picture is "The truth and why some men can't stand to hear it"

It's not a pretty picture by any means.

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Fairly easy to answer this one. The feminist population is Thailand is minute. Thankfully.

And on the other hand, the population of troglodytes (no reference to your avatar) is full flourished...

It's not a matter of feminism, but civility and common sense...

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Really,painting a picture am I?

I think you may find the title of that picture is "The truth and why some men can't stand to hear it"

It's not a pretty picture by any means.

I am not accusing you, and i very much agree with your feelings, where i disagree is putting the blame on men indiscriminately .

In a way, that is offensive to the dignity of women themselves.

Some men are only bothered with their sexual appetite and pretty much nothing else. It is such men who need to be put away. It is such men who given other men with healthy sexual appetite a bad name.

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

Primary reason this tag hasn't spread on social media is that Thais are pretty much oblivious to anything that is happening in the world, have no clue who the Weinstein pig is and would not understand what the few foreign personalities they follow on social media are talking about because of the general abysmal english skills.

1 hour ago, Aditi Sharma said:

If I may,

The second step is to understand what is stated in the first step. 

Sexual attacks can be stopped by creating a culture of communication. 

Explain how that works ?

The attacked should speak to the attacker ?

The potential rapist would not do it if someone spoke to him and asked him not to do it ?

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh there are many ways, and societies are ever evolving them.

As I say though the best first step is to stop the contemptible practices of victim blaming/shaming...

Yes, you have already told me what the first step would be 

I then asked you what the second step would be .

"Many ways" is not really an answer to the question

40 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Some men are only bothered with their sexual appetite and pretty much nothing else. It is such men who need to be put away. It is such men who given other men with healthy sexual appetite a bad name.

How long should they be "put away" for ?

Jail them for life for say, groping ?

40 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Why Few Thai Women Are Saying #MeToo

Maybe survival instinct. They dont want to ruin the party?

It could be that there are a few Western ladies feeling left out without a #me too

All their friends have a #me too and they may be feeling somewhat unattractive 

*Hey , Im a victim too*

*Im not so unattractive that no men has ever tried it on with me*

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

I am not accusing you, and i very much agree with your feelings, where i disagree is putting the blame on men indiscriminately .

In a way, that is offensive to the dignity of women themselves.

This thread is about women who are too scared to report their harassment due to victim blaming/shaming.

To claim they are responsible for this as some have done is what is offensive.

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, you have already told me what the first step would be 

I then asked you what the second step would be .

"Many ways" is not really an answer to the question

No you are wrong.

It is a perfectly acceptable one as it formed part of a longer statement you care not to italicize...

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

This thread is about women who are too scared to report their harassment due to victim blaming/shaming.

To claim they are responsible for this as some have done is what is offensive.

The thread is not about poor, unknown women being raped on the street, and being scared and ashamed to report to some macho police, it's about wannabe actresses being molested by a famous and powerful man.

Many women have paid that price in exchange for good jobs.. I am not impressed by the whole lot.

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No you are wrong.

It is a perfectly acceptable one as it formed part of a longer statement you care not to italicize...

EH , I quoted your post in full and replied to your whole post .

You are just avoiding answering .

So, for the third time .

What are the ways to stop men assaulting females ?

"Many ways" is not actually giving a way , its just avoiding giving an answer