Weird issue / Win 10 Pro

manarak

I got a weird issue with legal Win 10 pro.

Symptoms:

- Teamviewer works, but it seems it cannot memorize its computer ID between sessions with the consequence that the computer shows as offline on my computer lists after every restart.

- I specified allowed times for a specific local standard user using for example "net user XXX /times:mo-fr,6-22". This used to work well, but now when that user logs in, these time settings are often lost and allowed times revert to "all".

- On the logon screen, the language and keyboard settings are sometimes reset to English with US Keyboard inspite the computer running German with Swiss-German Keyboard.

- Sometimes the local standard user password would not work, my admin password always worked.

Investigated leads:

- Update status: windows is legal, activated and up-to-date.

- Malware: I checked startup scripts, checked running processes for suspect entries and ran full scans, without results.

- Corrupt profile. Windows did never complain about a corrupt profile and I also checked event viewer and the registry about moved/recovered profiles but found no hints.

I'd be happy for any hints or links to posts reporting similar issues.

So far, I found some posts about corrupted profiles, but my situation seems different.

TeamViewer's standard installation is to use a 'random password', but this usually only gets regenerated on reboots or fresh startups. Check the settings in EXTRA / Options / Advanced (Show Advanced Options) -- Advanced settings for connections to this computer :: Random password after each session [Keep current]

If I'm delegated managing the computer then I'll use General / Assign Account so the TeamViewer client will always be part of my user account.

---

In the case seemingly related to the user profile, try creating an additional profile and see if those issue persist.

Archived