Non 'O' Based on marriage in Penang

Thinking of going here for the visa. Never been before but I am aware how often and quickly rules change! has anyone got any up to date information on what I would need to apply here?  Paperwork etc.. Also any agents that would help me with it whilst I was there..

Thanks in advance...

• Like 1

Are you wanting to get a single or multiple entry non-o visa?

For a single entry non-o you will need to show 200k baht in the bank or proof of income. For a multiple entry it is 400k baht.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You can use an agent that can submit your application and pick up your passport the next day.

I will be applying to a multiple entry O class. I can provide copies of marriage cert', wife's ID and house book, what is a registry?

Reference the 400k in a Thai bank, do I just show my bank book updated? or have to have a letter from the bank?

Reference the agencies to help, these are people in Penang? that guide you through it? I have trawled through past posts and seen some mentioned.  Any recommendations? I will hopefully be going in December..

Regards.

They may only issue a single entry non-o the first time you apply in Penang. After the single entry they will issue the multiple entry visa.

By registry I mean copies of page 1 of the house book and the page your wife is registered on. No need for every page of the book.

Just your updated bank book is needed.

Jim is often recommended as being a good agent to use. http://jimsplacepenang.tripod.com/ 

As far as Penang is concerned for a single entry, 90 day Non-O based on marriage, what is required for proof of income?  Assuming a person has a job, let's say in the USA, would recent pay stubs suffice (even if this person has been living in Thailand for most of a year)?  How about a prior-year tax return?  Would an affidavit from the embassy work?  I know Savannakhet doesn't require proof of funds for the same visa, but getting there is a PITA compared with Penang, and I'd rather spend time in Penang than Laos, and I'd rather not pay the $35 and take up a full page and a half for a 2 day trip.

20 minutes ago, cacahootie said:

As far as Penang is concerned for a single entry, 90 day Non-O based on marriage, what is required for proof of income?  Assuming a person has a job, let's say in the USA, would recent pay stubs suffice (even if this person has been living in Thailand for most of a year)?  How about a prior-year tax return?  Would an affidavit from the embassy work?  ...

The "affidavit from your embassy" is the correct answer for income-proof. 

I do not know how they would validate pay-stubs or a tax-return as valid.  My embassy (USA) and some others won't certify things of that nature.

• Thanks 1