One day late for 90 day report

I have very stupidly forgot to check the date of my 90 day report. I have just checked it and my deadline is the 22nd (this Sunday). I have driven to the visa office and I'm too late, it's closed. 

If I go to the visa office first thing Monday (23rd), am I in store for a fine? Or will it be OK? At the Pattaya/jomtien visa office 

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Is the 22nd the date your report is due or is it the 7th day after your report date that you can do it without being fined 2000 baht?

It is a immigration office not a visa office where you do the report.

Yes my report is due on the 22nd this Sunday. They told me at the immigration office I can do the report on the 24th and they won't fine me, but if I go on the 25th or later it's 500 baht per day fine. 

28 minutes ago, JohnJay said:

Update, the visa office is closed on Monday, I need to go on Tuesday and apparently I will not get a fine for that. 

You should be able to report on Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday without being fined. Friday is your last day.

49 minutes ago, JohnJay said:

Yes my report is due on the 22nd this Sunday. They told me at the immigration office I can do the report on the 24th and they won't fine me, but if I go on the 25th or later it's 500 baht per day fine. 

Actually the 7th day is Saturday the 28th but the office will be closed. You can do it on the 24th, 25th or the 27th.

There is no daily fine for for late reporting it is normally a 2000 baht fine. The 500 baht a day fine is for overstaying your permit to stay.

• Like 2

I was 14 days late one time, NOTHING happened. In fact I waited in the car during the entire process and my significant other, "rep",  sorted it ALL out in less than an hour and that INCLUDES renewing my one year ret.visa. Piece of piss, cheap as chips as they say.

One day over is nothing to be concerned with.

You'all be cool...

17 hours ago, JohnJay said:

The 500 baht a day fine would be if you are late applying for an extension of your permission to stay. Everyone seems to be assuming that you are referring to your report of longer than 90 days continuously in Thailand. I am nearly sure of that also,, but make sure you understand the critical difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan5 said:

A humorous incident I witnessed. I was in the front row waiting for my number to come up. People would go to this one IO's counter with their 90 day a couple days late. This IO would tell them they had to pay 3000 Baht. They'd tell her about the 7 day grace period and she would yell at them. So a line formed outside her supervisor's office. Eventually her supervisor came out to talk to her. But she argued with her supervisor heatedly. Finally someone higher up came in and talked to her and finally she relented. By the time I got to her, she accepted my late 90 without comment. She really wanted to collect those 3000 fines.

It was lucky her superior knew the rules, and she was not a popular member of staff they would back up even if wrong to stop her losing face.

• Like 1

Immigration are disgustingly corrupt. There are so many idiots that feel intimidated and are unwilling to stand up for their rights. I've been asked countless times for bribes or even if I wanted the change. Every time I refuse. I knew one guy who paid 2000 bhat every 90 days as they asked him to. 

Khon Kaen Office even had a tip box and I saw people actually putting money in it! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Immigration are disgustingly corrupt. There are so many idiots that feel intimidated and are unwilling to stand up for their rights. I've been asked countless times for bribes or even if I wanted the change. Every time I refuse. I knew one guy who paid 2000 bhat every 90 days as they asked him to. 

Khon Kaen Office even had a tip box and I saw people actually putting money in it! 

I've been here 8 years and never had a problem with immigration or seen any evidence of corruption. But maybe that's because I'm in Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan5 said:

I've been here 8 years and never had a problem with immigration or seen any evidence of corruption. But maybe that's because I'm in Bangkok.

No. That is because you are non observant or blind. I am in BKK also. Changwattana is rife with corruption and it is there to see if you want to see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sumarianson said:

I am in BKK also. Changwattana is rife with corruption and it is there to see if you want to see it. 

Undoubtedly there is "agent service" via that office (with all that entails), but they also have a "by the book" path one can take for every service.  No "extra rules" are added to the official list required, as is sometimes the case at other offices, to coerce people to use agents, who are otherwise qualified and prepared. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Undoubtedly there is "agent service" via that office (with all that entails), but they also have a "by the book" path one can take for every service.  No "extra rules" are added to the official list required, as is sometimes the case at other offices, to coerce people to use agents, who are otherwise qualified and prepared. 

This is quite accurate. It is worth noting that, without using agents, there are certain conveniences you can arrange yourself by talking to the right people. Where there are long queues, you can get yourself priority service to avoid long waits. You can also arrange to get extensions of stay early (not needing to wait until the last 30 days of your current permission to stay).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

No. That is because you are non observant or blind. I am in BKK also. Changwattana is rife with corruption and it is there to see if you want to see it. 

Examples??  Cause I have spent hours in that office and never seen any money changing hands 'cept at the cashier.

Edited by TunnelRat69
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

No, it's not.  IOs at CW do everything by the book, if you don't meet the requirements you'll be shown the door, you will not be given the alternative of bribery.  Unless you're contributing to it, of course, by using an agent to discreetly help you break the rules. 

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

This is quite accurate. It is worth noting that, without using agents, there are certain conveniences you can arrange yourself by talking to the right people. Where there are long queues, you can get yourself priority service to avoid long waits. You can also arrange to get extensions of stay early (not needing to wait until the last 30 days of your current permission to stay).

"there are certain conveniences you can arrange yourself by talking to the right people."

Such as what?  Not doubting you, I'd like to know what conveniences are available without having to know the boss, so to speak, that doesn't count.

"...you can get yourself priority service to avoid long waits."

Another serious question, how is that done, then?

ha ha no corruption, i have been sat in Wattana for bloody hours, then agent comes in. does not get a queuing tickets, and then jumps the <deleted> queue, generally second booth in as you go in, a big wai, and the  you can bet your bottom dollar the agency office has this guys bank account details.i had it also at 90 day, by some chancer, i knew he came in after me (10) behind my number, me no shrinking violet asked to see his number sure enough, i was right, he pretended not to know, <deleted>. 

On 10/20/2017 at 5:18 PM, JohnJay said:

You'll be okay you're still good even if you really were late worst case you'd just get a little fine but sounds like you're still within your window and won't even be fined.  The 90 day reporting is the easy part.  

5 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

ha ha no corruption, i have been sat in Wattana for bloody hours, then agent comes in. does not get a queuing tickets, and then jumps the <deleted> queue, generally second booth in as you go in, a big wai, and the  you can bet your bottom dollar the agency office has this guys bank account details.i had it also at 90 day, by some chancer, i knew he came in after me (10) behind my number, me no shrinking violet asked to see his number sure enough, i was right, he pretended not to know, <deleted>. 

I guess it depends on where you live and how organized you are but I'm usually in and out in 10 minutes or less.  Where I live Immigration is actually pretty cool here in Korat.  

On 10/21/2017 at 11:25 AM, MrPatrickThai said:

I've had immigration officials lie to me and extort money a couple of times. Once the immigration officer called me to say there was a "big problem" with my visa application. I was very worried. I tipped a lady working in the same office, and had her phone number. I called her and she said there is no problem with your application, your visa is ready to collect. The chief that called me was looking for a "reward" for fixing a problem with my visa that didn't exist. 

That's just one example. It's good to know there is a 7 day grace period because they would never tell you this at the immigration office.