Pheu Thai’s search for a leader

webfact

7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I get tired of posts like this about money and the PT; It just impugns everyone with a wide brush while ignoring the fact that some might actually believe in the party.

So, if you want to talk about money in politics;

Who funds the Democrat party?

I am sure someone will come along and say that the Democrat MPs donate 10% of their salary to the party. That's true. It is also a mere token gesture; a good token gesture in my view, but still a token gesture. That would cover the costs of 1-2 low or mid-level staffers.

Who pays for Dem office space?

Who pays for Dem advertising?

Who pays for Dem travelling expenses?

Who pays for Dem research?

Who pays for Dem rallies?

Who pays for Dem vote-buying (yes, they do it as much as everyone else)?

Who pays for Dem staffers salaries?

( I could go on, but...)

Who funds the Democrat party?

And a bonus question; who funded Suthep and his mob?

If you want to talk about money and politics in Thailand, please answer the above and then we can talk.

Looking forward to hearing from you...

One is a pineapple guy who screwed Andy Hall was he not,

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

I have some new name suggestions too:

"Yellow Fellows",  "Thais for the Elite" or how about  "Dems and Dinosaurs"

To be serious it's a pity they are so obviously a puppet for the Ammart as it leaves PTP with no true opposition and they will win everything as they have done for decades.

Dems change their name are they? try this then

The Stealth Commie Party with Head honcho the magpie

The Magpie is a bird, but what a nasty little thing it is, so may not be right.

24 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Stupid comment born of ignorance yet dies on the pile of Junta 'spin'

It’s dead right I’m afraid. Ever since Thaksin bought up the 80 MPs in the NAP he has called every shot in the parties he has financed .

Thaksin even boasted Yingluck was his clone.

The grassroots love Thaksin which is one reason PT MPs cannot break away to form their own party.

The day Thaksin dies or stops supporting PT the party will disintegrate.

23 minutes ago, bannork said:

It’s dead right I’m afraid. Ever since Thaksin bought up the 80 MPs in the NAP he has called every shot in the parties he has financed .

Thaksin even boasted Yingluck was his clone.

The grassroots love Thaksin which is one reason PT MPs cannot break away to form their own party.

The day Thaksin dies or stops supporting PT the party will disintegrate.

Nonsense post derived of acceptance of Junta 'spin'. My advice is to grow up and DYOR outside of your Thai bubble.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

Nonsense post derived of acceptance of Junta 'spin'. My advice is to grow up and DYOR outside of your Thai bubble.

It has nothing to do with the junta. Thaksin has controlled every move of the 3 parties he has formed since the late 1990s.. Do you think the members or the MPs get a say in the next leader? None at all. He is a dictator.

Edited by bannork

8 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

And this from the man whose political philosophy is based on "junta bad" and endorses every action of what was clearly a criminal conspiracy posing as a "democratic" government.

16 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

nah.. number one was the Junta getting THEIR amnesty but likely you 'forgot' about that so I thought I'd jog that convenient memory for you

Is the one equivalent to the other? A simple question, what is democratic about a career criminal buying politicians to absolve his crimes, and those of his co-conspirators?

8 hours ago, bannork said:

It has nothing to do with the junta. Thaksin has controlled every move of the 3 parties he has formed since the late 1990s.. Do you think the members or the MPs get a say in the next leader? None at all. He is a dictator.

He formed the party, he runs the party, he makes major decisions of positions for the party. 

That is his right. 

That's what politician leaders do. 

Just now, greenchair said:

He formed the party, he runs the party, he makes major decisions of positions for the party. 

That is his right. 

No, parties become institutions with rules for selections of MPs , elections of leaders etc.The members play a key role in running the party.

Pheu Thai have none of that. Everybody waits to see who Thaksin will select as leader, what policies Thaksin will decide, which MPs Thaksin will select to run.

That is not a political party in the democratic sense. That is a fiefdom.

23 minutes ago, bannork said:

No, parties become institutions with rules for selections of MPs , elections of leaders etc.The members play a key role in running the party.

Pheu Thai have none of that. Everybody waits to see who Thaksin will select as leader, what policies Thaksin will decide, which MPs Thaksin will select to run.

Oh you mean like the current system.???

The members had the right to leave and form other parties if they did not agree with his leadership style. And some did. 

The people had the ability to vote him out, as just happened in nz when 3 smaller parties got together and ousted the majority vote party. 

What you describe is what we now have, where even an elected leader can be reselected at anytime through his term, should he not be compliant with the self elected senate. 

Just now, greenchair said:

Oh you mean like the current system.???

The members had the right to leave and form other parties if they did not agree with his leadership style. And some did. 

The people had the ability to vote him out, as just happened in nz when 3 smaller parties got together and ousted the majority vote party. 

What you describe is what we now have, where even an elected leader can be reselected at anytime through his term, should he not be compliant with the self elected senate. 

Thaksin won the hearts of the majority grass roots population with his populist policies.The PT members know they will not be voted in by the constituents if they leave PT so long as Thaksin is still politically active and offering election goodies.

Please don’t try to divert to the present government and constitution. This is about Pheu Thai and its future.In my view the tragedy is that the party is nothing but a vehicle for one very rich family’s aspirations.

2 hours ago, halloween said:

And this from the man whose political philosophy is based on "junta bad" and endorses every action of what was clearly a criminal conspiracy posing as a "democratic" government.

No "posing" bro they WERE a democratically elected government and the thugs you worship prevented another and why's THAT? 

because they would LOSE AGAIN 

why else stop it?  bully boys reminiscent of the brown shirts in the 30s but you seem to like them, strange that

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Yet you stay silent on the Junta appointing all their family and friends?  strange that innit

Name one position where they are not appointees of Prayut? 

you are WAY OFF TOPIC just  but...Thaksin, but...Thaksin, but...Thaksin

The topic is "PTP search for a new leader" yet you deflect into "Thaksin's search for a new leader" to suit your political right-wing bias

Edited by LannaGuy

4 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Yet you stay silent on the Junta appointing all their family and friends?  strange that innit

Name one position where they are not appointees of Prayut?   you are 

This is about the future of Pheu Thai, not the junta. Try to stay on topic.

Edited by bannork

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

That is his right. 

Yeah, what's wrong with a career criminal dictating policy to a government? If you don't know, try asking Boonsong.

24 minutes ago, bannork said:

This is about the future of Pheu Thai, not the junta. Try to stay on topic.

I only diverted to address your   but,but,but...Thaksin stance. 

No more Junta from me if we have a deal that you stay on topic and leave TS out of it. This is about PTP searching for a new leader now the ex-Pm has been forced into exile by the Army.

3 minutes ago, halloween said:

Yeah, what's wrong with a career criminal dictating policy to a government? If you don't know, try asking Boonsong.

Sure  he was no angel but nothing more 'criminal' than illegally taking a WHOLE country eh? 

6 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

No more Junta from me if we have a deal that you stay on topic and leave TS out of it. This is about PTP searching for a new leader now the ex-Pm has been forced into exile by the Army.

You intend to leave Thaksin out of a conversation about Pheu Thai’s future??

Oh, how I wish we could but Thaksin is PT.

No Thaksin, no PT. 

On 10/23/2017 at 5:06 AM, webfact said:

Sudarat Keyuraphan has been fast off the block as a leading candidate, but her campaign on the back of a six-wheel truck for public involvement in honour of His Majesty the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej has backfired badly and she has had to tearfully deny being an opportunist.

criticism of her foolishness will be short-lived;bet it will be her

10 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Sure  he was no angel but nothing more 'criminal' than illegally taking a WHOLE country eh? 

Nobody is " taking a WHOLE country", that is just another puerile red exaggeration. The junta has taken control of the country from those busy moving its resources into their own accounts. When you have proof of billions of baht being wasted on fraudulent scams, bring it to our attention.

14 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Ignore the man who bribes MPs and sets policy to his own benefit? should we leave JC out of Easter?

23 minutes ago, halloween said:

Nobody is " taking a WHOLE country", that is just another puerile red exaggeration. The junta has taken control of the country from those busy moving its resources into their own accounts. When you have proof of billions of baht being wasted on fraudulent scams, bring it to our attention.

"exaggeration"?   elections in... 2014?  2015? 2016? 2017? 2018?  where is the "exaggeration" in lies? more lies?  and even MORE lies? 

your standards are very low and you even fail to achieve those!

22 minutes ago, halloween said:

Ignore the man who bribes MPs and sets policy to his own benefit? should we leave JC out of Easter?

You don't think the Junta giving mates and family high positions is NEPOTISM?  EVERY position has been filled by friends and relatives and you know it!!!   it's more like Pinocchio at the helm