Gary Glitter Set For Early Release.

Rock n' Roll !

Glitter For Early Release

Updated: 09:37, Wednesday January 10, 2007

Gary Glitter could be released early from his three-year jail sentence for molesting two Vietnamese girls.

The disgraced former glam rocker, 62, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was jailed in March last year.

He sexually molested the two girls, aged 10 and 11, in the southern Vietnamese coastal city of Vung Tau.

Prison officials at the Thu Duc detention centre where he is being held have said he is on a list of inmates being considered for early release as part of next month's Lunar New Year celebrations.

Vietnam traditionally reduces the terms of inmates with good prison records at that time of year.

If his sentence is reduced, Glitter could be released as early as May.

Under Vietnamese law, prisoners can be nominated for early release if they have behaved well and their fellow inmates recommend it.

Nearly everyone in the jail voted for Glitter's early release, according to Tran Huu Thong, the director of the Thu Duc detention centre.

"He meets all the criteria," he said of the singer, whose 1970s hits included Leader Of The Gang and Do You Want to Touch?

He faces immediate deportation on release and is unlikely to have any choice over where the Vietnamese authorities send him.

Glitter left the UK after admitting possessing a collection of 4,000 hardcore photographs of children being abused, and receiving a four-month jail sentence in November 1999.

He was also put on the sex offenders' register for seven years.

Don't send the w**ker here. :o

he could be the star act in your blue's club. :D

he should serve it out in vietnam,then take his passport off him,deported back to uk and hung out to dry,he is :D scum

actually thats a very good idea mate,

as the poms made him so he should be made to suffer by being forced to live in england for the term of his natural life. :D

now lets face facts here, thats got to be a fate worse than death. :D

Don't send the w**ker here. :D

he could be the star act in your blue's club. :D

he should serve it out in vietnam,then take his passport off him,deported back to uk and hung out to dry,he is :D scum

as the poms made him so he should be made to suffer by being forced to live in england for the term of his natural life. :D

now lets face facts here, thats got to be a fate worse than death. :bah:

You could be right Terry, but the UK's got too many pervs right now. I say strip him of his passport and leave him in Viet Nam. There's enough Vietnamese and expats there who'd like to subject him to a little "re-education" :o to ensure his discomfort. Besides which if he's sent back to the UK he'll be housed and fed at the taxpayer's expense. Not my expense note but I have mates back in the UK who pay their dues and I wouldn't want to add to the burden.

Don't send the w**ker here. :D

he could be the star act in your blue's club. :bah:

as the poms made him so he should be made to suffer by being forced to live in england for the term of his natural life. :bah:

now lets face facts here, thats got to be a fate worse than death. :o

You could be right Terry, but the UK's got too many pervs right now. I say strip him of his passport and leave him in Viet Nam. There's enough Vietnamese and expats there who'd like to subject him to a little "re-education" :o to ensure his discomfort. Besides which if he's sent back to the UK he'll be housed and fed at the taxpayer's expense. Not my expense note but I have mates back in the UK who pay their dues and I wouldn't want to add to the burden.

yes you have a very valid point there as the poms dont need anymore perverts do they.?

ok, that settles it then, we bring him back to pattaya, he can sing in dave's blues bar ( do you want to be in my gang) everybody yells out, " NO WAY FAARRK OFF ", and we all throw bottles of chang at him. ;)

there you go phil, problem solved.

cricky's mate, i come up with some cracking idea's dont i. :D

cheers :D

Am I the only person who is incredibly bored of TV members' obsession with Gary Glitter. This forum seems to get a voyeuristic delight everytime his name is mentioned.

Why on earth is he a relevant subject for discussion here?

Most abusers have been victims at one time. i am not condoning what he did, but jeeze, you guys with your "Holier than thou" attitudes. you make these people sound like out and out loners. The truth is uglier, abuse is commonly commited by brothers, uncles, fathers and step-fathers to their own relatives. So the monster you detest so much could be related to you.

I see most committer are familiar with Pattaya, the town of good virtue. Grow up guys

Dan Sai kid, and teddy bare, you are in fact, both right.

child abuse is most commonly done by a family friend or relative (if not the parent). Which does not make it any less horrific or traumatic for the child.

That said, these kinds of threads of "hang him high" are unproductive and do not lead to anything other than flaming and name calling.

***Closed****