M-pass question

jay1980

I drive 2 or 3 times a month to BKK from Pattaya and back and also sometimes use express ways within BKK so I am thinking of applying for an M-pass from KTB bank now I have read that they work not only on highway 7 but also on the Express ways throughout BKK.

My question is, when I apply for the Tag, is it tied to one vehicle or can I use it in any vehicle because although I only own one car myself I sometimes do this journey in other vehicles I have use of.

Thanks

Edited by jay1980

You get a widget thingy that one mounts on the windscreen?windshield. But you can simply keep it in the cehtre console and hold it up when going through the booth. It doesn't care what car it is.

As you can use either M-Pass or Easypass now. Get the one which is easiest to top up!  As a Luddite I use Easy Pass as i can top up at 7-Eleven, at least in BKK.

Edited by VocalNeal

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

You get a widget thingy that one mounts on the windscreen?windshield. But you can simply keep it in the cehtre console and hold it up when going through the booth. It doesn't care what car it is.

As you can use either M-Pass or Easypass now. Get the one which is easiest to top up!  As a Luddite I use Easy Pass as i can top up at 7-Eleven, at least in BKK.

Great, so it is not tied to the car registration number, that's what I wanted to know. Many thanks for the reply :smile:

you're supposed to hand them a copy of the car's registration when signing up, but you can take it and use it in other cars no problem,

M pass is a lot harder to top up than easy pass, only at KTB bank, no online banking facilities from other banks

functionally both easy pass and M pass are the same now, so it's up to you which do you go with

The Buraphawithi toll's office at Chonburi is the easiest place to pick up easy pass for Pattaya

they don't expire but after 2-3 years the battery run out and you have to take it back to the office to get replacement, your credit gets transferred over to the new one.

One thing about getting easy pass replacement is that internally, there are three networks that although in use is seemless, but means that you have to go to the original network's office to get replacement,

the three networks are: 

the expressways's easy pass,

the southern sections of the highway 9 (from Mega Bangna to Rama2),

and the Buraphawithi (Bangna to Chonburi) 

all these which although belong to the expressway and use easy pass, is on separate systems, which means you can't go and get replacements from the Bangkok's expressway's office if you originally pick the easy pass from the other network, also when you top up, sometime you'll see delay in the totals being shown as you drive through the separate network's toll, you can walk in and top up at any office though, and some cash tolls in Bangkok allows top up of easy pass as you drive through too.

as for M pass, you can go to KTB's bank branch in Pattaya and if they have stock, you can go home with it, if not they'll order one for you

sometime they'll have KTB set up booths at the Motorway service station where you can sign up and take it home there and then too, this week I saw they have it not at the middle service station where there are shops but the one after the final toll booths as you head into Bangkok, where there are toilets. look for the blue KTB bank trailer

Edited by digbeth