Will US$ Gain Some Strength Soon?

35 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Trump is still doing his magic each and every day, but you are too blind to see it.

Look at the market, and earnings and employment figures published lately, and it only can get better.

Ooooh suuuuure, 

since you are not blind you will see how he will go down with all his GOP supporters. GOP has lost repetition just because of this clown. 

My siter is still one of Trump supporters, but you know why? Because she does not want to accept that she has made mistake voting this man. 

I'm blind but you Keep follow him colsely, the day will come soon. ???

Politics and money go hand in hand. People were predicting end of the USD on the other side when Obummer was in office, it never happened. Same for Trump now, itll never happen. On the other hand if he gets his tax plan in there and all the money Apple, GE, Exxon, Chevron, etc are holding offshore comes back in to the USA, things will continue with the market and expansion. Impeachment, never, stop watching and listening to the mainstream talking points and do dome research.....

22 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Anyone who would know with certainty how any currency will perform in the future, short or long, will surely not post on this forum as he would be too busy playing with the girls on his yacht in Monaco.

Excellent !!!   100% correct...No one really knows what controls the movement  of currency prices...Like the stock markets, gold prices, and most commodities,  the prices are manipulated by the Big Banks...If we play(invest) play in these markets,  we are just along for the ride. 

6 hours ago, johnnysunshine said:

Some very big global shifts will change the complexion of all currencies as early as November or possibly later and the dollar is very likely to devalue significantly I believe.    

Remember that these are fiat currencies and are not backed by heavy metals or cryptocurrencies,  just superficial smiles saying that "you can trust us with your monies" and that has not been true since the USA went off of the gold standard in 1972 and the American dollar has since been  backed by nothing and the USA is trillions of dollars in debt.    

Get some gold or silver or both to have a store of value which transcends currency fluctuations.

In your world the mighty US dollar would be more secure if it was backed by cryptocurrencies. And Bitcoin is backed by what exactly? pigeon droppings? Hot air? greed?

6 hours ago, lucjoker said:

If the scandal about Hilary Clinton and Obama breaks out  ......i guess even Trump will not be able to stop the dollar's free fall ................read the news papers ?

So ..good news....than we can start buying $$$ for 22 bht .

What scandal? Did Hilary she get some BBC as payback for Billy's little stunt in the White House.

52 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

In case you have been sleeping for the last year the petrodollar is DEAD. The BRICS are trading oil for yuan and others are jumping aboard. They are afraid to tell the mericans.

You are dreaming all this nonsense up in your sleep?

If you are awake now, try reading this (https://www.economist.com/news/finance-and-economics/21730200-and-forthcoming-communist-party-congress-unlikely-kick-start-it)

The Redback is only 2% of international trade. 

I really doubt that the Saudi and other oil exporting countries want very many Chinese Yuan. That isn't going to increase the US to THB rate. When the US decides to increase the taxes on imports from Thailand we'll see a drop in the THB value.

18 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

It is hard to know where to begin. So I'm just going to let your post stand as a monument to ignorance.

Well, you can write as an authority figure all you like, but it's this 'ignorance' that allowed me to change my job for a hobby in my 30's, and continue compounding into my 40's to present day, where I now can live without money ever being a constraint, and can pass on enough for the next generation, and perhaps the one after that as well.

A large part of that was made possible by the continuing failure of the USD.

26 minutes ago, Shiver said:

Well, you can write as an authority figure all you like, but it's this 'ignorance' that allowed me to change my job for a hobby in my 30's, and continue compounding into my 40's to present day, where I now can live without money ever being a constraint, and can pass on enough for the next generation, and perhaps the one after that as well.

A large part of that was made possible by the continuing failure of the USD.

Well, well, another expert that hit the jackpot......I'm sure they have a special chair in the corner office on Wall Street just for you......??

19 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

What is wrong with Hillary? She can't walk anymore? Obama must have pile rammed her pretty good. 

31RQ1SYS37L.jpg

yep, but then the model without wheels......lol

Any news paper/any tv-news : 

...Scandal....uranium .....sold 20% to Russia .....billions fraude for Hillary and uncle Bill's foundation ......try to turn the story in the neck of Trump.......Hillary =Rosenbergs ( Rosenbergs got E.Chair for less than this )

On 10/27/2017 at 11:26 AM, chicowoodduck said:

Well, well, another expert that hit the jackpot......I'm sure they have a special chair in the corner office on Wall Street just for you......??

Constructive.  Like what you did there.

How about discussing how you feel the USD is going to do something different than the opinion I offered?  I'm sure OP and others would prefer useful input if you have anything.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, scorecard said:

Thanks.

What's your professional guess as to when the Baht strength will subside, 3 mths, 6 mths, 1 yr, .....?

For the Economy, Thailand is showing near record export sales, including truck sales and agriculture products. Tourism is also almost near record highs to. The banks here don't seem to want to lower interest rates. So I don't see any weakness in the Thai Baht for the near term.

For the US Dollar the Fed Reserve has made it well know they plan a slight increase in interest rates soon, so that may already be built into the US Dollar. The big near term news is if the government can pass along huge tax cuts. Generally this is good news for the economy as people tend to spend more. But not such good news for the US Dollar as the government has to borrow more money to stay afloat.

I do not see any indication of the US Dollar gaining on the Thai Baht in the near future.

Archived