VOID Stamp On Thai Tourist Visa

Hello. I'm 18 years old boy from Pakistan i'm a musician recently i done my 2 music videos in Malaysia and now for my new audio music video which i plan to release on this Happy New Year & I've been telling in all my interviews even my yesterday interview too that  i will shoot music video in Bangkok,Thailand and will release on New Year cuz everything was planned and ready to go my hotel room and flight was waiting for me but i was waiting for my passport to get out from embassy and last night it come out with Blue VOID stamp on my visa which make me upset so much i provided Thai Embassy all my valid documents my bank statement is very powerful and in running but i think my agent never mention in request letter that i'm a singer and want to shoot music video there can someone explain me why i got this stamp and what does that mean? am i travel ban to Thailand or i can still give an other try and cuz of this stamp it damage my passport impression 

Thank you i appreciate every min of you for reading this. (:

palipassport.jpg.557d43a206591b0b3ef6f31b6e54bb8e.jpg

• Sad 1

They do that if your application was accepted but a review indicated it did not meet the requirements. They do the sticker and stamp IT void as a record of the denial.

You could try apply again.

Best you don't mention that you will doing a video here since that is consider working which is not allowed on a tourist visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Employment is prohibited for the type of visa you applied for, says right there on the sticker at Remarks.

One also cannot get a Work Permit on a tourist visa.

Your agent should have told them you are travelling for tourism. 

Should they suspect it's for work, you will most likely get this type of result, a void stamp.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kanjar007 said:

@lkv as i remember he even told me we don't need to mention that your planing to shoot music video so it's confirmed that we never mention that in request letter 

Are you sure all the required documents listed were submittd with the application. http://www.thaiembassy.org/islamabad/contents/files/services-20160324-002112-116034.pdf

Was your agent one of those listed here: http://www.thaiembassy.org/islamabad/en/services/69278-Authorized-Visa-Drop-Box-Agents-in-2017---2018.html

• Thanks 1

@ubonjoe Yes sir i had all those documents first thing first if documents are not complete embassy won't accept your case they will call you and ask for more documents and if your fail to provide they will keep your fee and return your passport blank but in my case they already gave me visa but later they cancel it which is very confusing for me and for my agent 

and yes was the drop box agent. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kanjar007 said:

Yes sir i had all those documents first thing first if documents are not complete embassy won't accept your case they will call you and ask for more documents and if your fail to provide they will keep your fee and return your passport blank but in my case they already gave me visa but later they cancel it which is very confusing for me and for my agent 

That is not always the case.

There is a final review done after the sticker is put in your passport, If the consular officer doing the review decides you don't qualify he will void it.

Look at the stamp on on the sticker and you will notice there is no signature or at least an initial on it.

You need to contact the embassy to find out why it was voided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Janaab, I hope it is an error. I have learned on here that immigration can process wrong visas and I hope this VOID visa, if you will, too, falls in that category. The fact that there is no initial means this has been a highly irresponsible processing in itself. Awaiting your getting back to us on what they had to say. Wish you all luck with your music!

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit
  • Like 1

It seems VOID can be a neutral term which is not the same as saying you were DENIED.

If the embassy got the feeling ( given your popularity) that you would be working during your visit then they would void your tourist visa application, thereby implying that you had applied for the wrong visa type. 

I gather that when they affixed two tourist visas in error, they voided the extra one. So make sure you have checked all the pages :-))

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I wonder if somebody failed to notice that the OP is only 18 years old until after the application was accepted.

I think boss you have made an excellent point. For that matter he might not be 18 years old yet, he could be 17 and something. 

And may well have given the notarisation and stuff a miss after being told by the agent that it was not so important.  

I have a feeling that the OP would say he had provided those notarized copies as well and we might never know. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, varun said:

You can try again, but first be completely honest with yourself that you've submitted every piece of documentation required for the application.

Janaab, it is better to get to the bottom of the issue if possible before applying again. If God Forbid you are voided again, it'd certainly not look very good as elsewhere I read it would amount to a red flag or something in the immigration database against your name. I wonder if you will take the risk of doing

a visa on arrival. I wouldnt dare risking it myself. 

• Like 2

@Aditi Sharma they don't provide visa on arrival 

@varun i'm studying in Malaysia i have 2 year visa and i can apply from there as well and more chances to get visa my bad i applied from Pakistan ): one question do you think cuz of this stamp i will face problem in Thai Embassy Kuala Lumpur or they will simply ignore this stamp and issue a new tourist visa

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kanjar007 said:

@Aditi Sharma they don't provide visa on arrival 

@varun i'm studying in Malaysia i have 2 year visa and i can apply from there as well and more chances to get visa my bad i applied from Pakistan ): one question do you think cuz of this stamp i will face problem in Thai Embassy Kuala Lumpur or they will simply ignore this stamp and issue a new tourist visa

Under Thai law you are still classed as a dependant, a child, until you reach the age of 20.

ubonjoe made a very valid point in this respect and you shouldn't dismiss it just because you were granted a Visa for Malaysia.

You need to find out the reason for the 'void' visa before you make any further applications.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You need to find out the reason for the 'void' visa before you make any further applications.

That would be ideal, but consulates are under no obligation to give their reasons for refusing a visa application. Indeed, I know in India they generally refuse all communication on the subject. I fear Pakistan may be similar.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kanjar007 said:

i'm studying in Malaysia i have 2 year visa and i can apply from there as well and more chances to get visa my bad i applied from Pakistan ): one question do you think cuz of this stamp i will face problem in Thai Embassy Kuala Lumpur or they will simply ignore this stamp and issue a new tourist visa

Since Pakistan is a listed country. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/files/services-20170329-110629-261260.pdf

This is the list of requirement to apply in Kuala Lumpur. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/files/services-20170329-105758-430188.pdf

Source for above links and info: http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/th/services/72043-ตรวจลงตรา-|-Visa.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

That would be ideal, but consulates are under no obligation to give their reasons for refusing a visa application. 

Which is not intended to make it look like a visa grant was in their gift but it does. I have since the OP brought this up read about hundreds of Indian applicants being rejected with a VOID stamp over the years and not one has been told why. Sometimes somebody's judgement cannot be put in words but when this happens in official matters, that, in my book is not fair. Maybe his photo is dated or not clear. Tanoshisan's point about Thai law recognizing one as a minor until s/he is 20 (same age barrier for females?) is very good. A visa reject cannot be appealed and thats not fair either. I dont want to be rude but these officers should try voiding...( better to leave it unsaid :-)

Edited by Aditi Sharma
add
  • Like 1