Report to Immigration

17 minutes ago, The Maltese Falcon said:

Joe Igot a single entry 60 days and i am staying in Pattaya does she have to report

If you will applying for a 30 day extension of your 60 day entry the answer is yes.

You could likely do it yourself.  Have her complete a TM30 form and attach a signed copy of her ID card to it.

3 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

I never reported when I came back from Canada. The only report I have made was my extention and 90 day report and when I moved to another house. But not when I flew in after being away for awhile.

Which immigration office? Many live in Bangkok where the TM30 reports are not necessary. It would be useful to know of other offices that do not require them.

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Which immigration office? Many live in Bangkok where the TM30 reports are not necessary. It would be useful to know of other offices that do not require them.

I don't know they required it but just never reported I arrived in Thailand. 

I use the Maptaput immagrtion.

22 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

No, unless you have changed your address to one which is different to that on Immigration records.

Is that a fact ? it seems too sensible to me but I hope you are correct , can you back it up with any posted info ? 

3 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

How come? I post mine in whenever I have new tenants and always get a receipt posted back.

Because you appear to operating as a business. They only enforce the requirement for businesses in Bangkok not for individuals.

52 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

I don't know they required it but just never reported I arrived in Thailand. 

I use the Maptaput immagrtion.

So how long ago was this?

Maptaput are also my local immigration office, and, when I applied for my previous retirement extension there in July 2016, an officer informed my wife that it really was now high time for her to submit a completed TM30 as my housemaster after nearly 8 years of my living here! They were, however, pretty relaxed about when she needed to do this and didn't impose any fine. So we just mailed the form in (with copies of her housebook, ID card and our marriage certificate) with my next 90-day report a few weeks later, and back came the TM30 notification slip along with that for the 90-day report in the post a week afterwards.

Edited by OJAS

35 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:
1 hour ago, BritTim said:

How come? I post mine in whenever I have new tenants and always get a receipt posted back.

I assume you are in Bangkok. They will give you a receipt if you submit a TM30. However, historically they have not insisted that you make them.

2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:
5 minutes ago, BritTim said:
I assume you are in Bangkok. They will give you a receipt if you submit a TM30. However, historically they have not insisted that you make them.

I'm in Pattaya. So just been posting them into the bangkok branch. I've probably been doing it all wrong

If you have been posting TM30 notifications using a Pattaya address to Bangkok, that is a surprise, perhaps for some a welcome one. It could be interesting news for those who live in immigration districts that will not accept TM30 notifications by post. Maybe, you are allowed to do TM30 notifications by posting to Bangkok regardless of your registered address. Interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beats56 said:

I never reported when I came back from Canada. The only report I have made was my extention and 90 day report and when I moved to another house. But not when I flew in after being away for awhile.

32 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So how long ago was this?

Maptaput are also my local immigration office, and, when I applied for my previous retirement extension there in July 2016, an officer informed my wife that it really was now high time for her to submit a completed TM30 as my housemaster after nearly 8 years of my living here! They were, however, pretty relaxed about when she needed to do this and didn't impose any fine. So we just mailed the form in (with copies of her housebook, ID card and our marriage certificate) with my next 90-day report a few weeks later, and back came the TM30 notification slip along with that for the 90-day report in the post a week afterwards.

Tried to edit my previous post, but the shutters came down before I could send it!

Upon re-reading your initial post, I was wondering whether a completed TM30 had already been provided in your case prior to your trip to Canada. Could you please clarify this point, since, if so, what you have said might make sense in that Maptaput don't appear to require a fresh TM30 to be provided in the case of someone returning from a foreign trip to the same address as before? At least nothing was said to us about the need for a fresh TM30 when I applied for my latest retirement extension last July, despite the fact that I had returned from a trip to Europe a few weeks previously!

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon the immigration office for where you living.

Some want the report within 24 hours of arrival at the residence while others don't require the report.

Ubonjoe

FYI List of copies that must be submitted to Immigration within 24 hours of arrival in Thailand

(1)    Passport Data

(2)   Arrival Stamp

(3)  Visa Page 

(4)  TM6  Departure Card

(5)  Rental Agreement

(6) Owners House Registration Blue Book

(7) Copy of ID Card of the Owner of the Property,

Ubonjoe
                     FYI List of copies that must be submitted to Immigration within 24 hours of arrival in Thailand
(1)    Passport Data
(2)   Arrival Stamp
(3)  Visa Page 
(4)  TM6  Departure Card
(5)  Rental Agreement

I've just been sending passport data and still getting a receipt. I think they are accepting whatever they get via post

1 minute ago, bontang said:

Ubonjoe

(1)    Passport Data

(2)   Arrival Stamp

(3)  Visa Page 

(4)  TM6  Departure Card

(5)  Rental Agreement

(7) Copy of ID Card of the Owner of the Property

It would help to know which office provided this list, or accepted the above, given they all seem to use their own rules.  For example, some require the landlord to come in-person.

1 minute ago, InMyShadow said:

I've just been sending passport data and still getting a receipt. I think they are accepting whatever they get via post

Bontang's list would seem to apply for a first-reporting - vs a report for "returning to the same place," where the passport/stamp data is enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bontang said:

Ubonjoe

(1)    Passport Data

(2)   Arrival Stamp

(3)  Visa Page 

(4)  TM6  Departure Card

(5)  Rental Agreement

Which office?

There is no requirement to report within 24 hours of arrival in Thailand.

The TM30 report is only required within 24 hours of arrival at the place where you are staying.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Which office?

There is no requirement to report within 24 of arrival in Thailand.

The TM30 report is only required within 24 hours of arrival at the place where you are staying.

Oh yes there was in Chiang Mai I have the scribbles on my copy of the bottom of the TM30 where I reported twice when coming back into the country. Now Buri Ram dont seem interested when I was there but he did say I didnt need to leave the country to do my 90 day reports, it wasnt why I was leaving the country LOL.

15 minutes ago, The Maltese Falcon said:

Hi.

So I put the address of my GF on the visa application and again on the arrival card at BKK and I am not extending 30 days just the 60 days of the single entry I think that is enough proof of where I'm staying no

You don't need to worry about the TM30 report since you will not be doing anything at immigration.

3 hours ago, Mangkhut said:

My gf got fined 2000 baht for not reporting me staying with her when I went to extend my visa excemption. Lampamg Immigration...

So I think your gf should do it to avoid the same.

The fine is 1600 baht. Your GF was dudded for 400 baht. Or did she tell you it was a 2000 baht fine?

• Like 1