New Aspire C22...Where's my Win 10?

Coconut Kidd

I bought a new computer last month and went to Microsoft dot com and downloaded it. For some reason the computer I had and the Microsoft website were able to recognize that Windows 10 was pre installed and only needed to be launched, but that is here in USA. Hope this helps.

16 hours ago, natway09 said:

Purchased a new laptop 5 days ago, got them to download windows 10 for 600 Bht.

Took about 1 hour while we went to eat

I helped several times friends buying new laptops. Installing Windows 10 was offered for free. But it was no official license. The chances are high that no updates can be installed and that the computer can be controlled remotely or even is part of a botnet.

14 hours ago, HAL9000 said:

Why don't you use the official Microsoft Media Creation Tool instead of playing around with USB utilities? With Media Creation tool, it can either make the USB ready made or you can make a DVD.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Yes, this is easy. Several friends have installed their computers in this way. An official license key for "Windows 10 Pro" can be bought on ebay for 100 to 300 THB. With this you can have other languages than Thai or English. You can't have this with a "Windows Home SL 10" license which is here typically installed even on expensive laptops or desktops, e.g. from HP,  or sold separately for less than 3000 THB.

Edited by willi2006
typo

19 hours ago, Estrada said:

I checked your model on IT City Web Site and it does not come with W10 preinstalled, you can buy as an extra in their shops or online, home or pro-edition 64Bit. If you are not capable of installing the software just ask the technicians in the service corner of the shop. If you are near Seacon Square, take your computer down stairs and ask one of the repair experts to set it up for you. B500.

The majority of these "technicians" will install a copy of W 10 Pro, or any version they might have cracked. Unfortunately, is it in no way a good start with a brand new notebook to have viruses and Trojan horses installed, right from the installation disk.

These OS are usually cracked by a program and you don't have to be surprised when the "not genuine" window  pops up.

Many shops install Baidu products, and some of them are very difficult to delete. 

It's not astrophysics to burn a DVD with the newest OS on it and buying a key thru Ebay or elsewhere, not something that can't be done. 

Edited by jenny2017