Best cell phone internet provider for Khao San Rd area...

dblaisde

Is there one provider that is better than others for the Khao San Rd area? I need a monthly pre-paid service for around 700B for internet use, almost exclusively, for the next few years. (When I say Khao San I actually mean close to the Santichaiprakan Park (see 1 below).

Thanks.

1) Santichaiprakan Park is the small grassy area around Phra Sumen Fort, found just off Phra Athit Road. http://www.bangkok.com/area-khao-san-road/sights-and-attractions.htm

Buy a SIM from the three main networks and test them for speed and stability. At 19 baht to 49 baht per SIM, it won't break the bank. Perhaps 20 to 35 baht for a day package for the purpose of evaluation.

Monthly package price dependent on the volume or speed/bandwidth needed.

After living around Khaosan area for past 2 years I can highly recommend AIS. They have a 2GB monthly pack at 239bht with excellent 4G. To register after putting credit on sim, call *777*75# to activate. They also have 6GB 30 days at 699bht. Call *777*986# to activate on your mobile. I lived in Samsen Soi 2, near klong that runs to fort and river. My GF has DTAC and her 4G is a shocker.   

Archived