Samsung Galaxy J7 Plus

guzzi850m2

As I wrote in another topic, this phone was an urgent replacement for my UMI Super that is screen damaged due to sweating (likely).

I am overall very happy with the phone that despite using 3000 mAh battery last longer than the UMI that has 4000mAh.

The rear camera is actually not bad for such a small sensor and it's cool you can adjust DOF when taking the photo or afterwards but ONLY when shooting in auto mode, hmm. I don't really uses/tested the front camera as I can find better motives than myself.

The 4 GB Ram makes the phone fast, well for my needs at least but I don't play games.

The J7 fells smaller than my old UMI and much lighter too, both 5,5" screens.

12k baht for J7 Plus is okay I think, you have to weigh in that the UMI will be difficult to repair ( no shops in Thailand) and you can't sell it again. I will see if I can source a screen for the UMI when I get back from overseas work. But if too expensive, I just bin it.

1 hour ago, gamini said:

The same size Huawaii is much better and cheaper at Bt6,900

Huawaii better than Samsung, I am sorry sir but we are in Thailand, :whistling:Pffff

try  to tell any Thai people Yamaha motorbikes are better than Honda:cheesy:

Hi guys, hoping that one of you can help me.  I have a Samsung J2, but am having problems with Google maps. When I put in the destination and hit start, sometimes I get the voice, telling me where under way but most times I get no voice at all.  I have the phone paired to my Honda's bluetooth but once I hit start, I get no voice at all.  So off I go and have to look at the map, which is bloody dangerous, for directions as the little darling is not telling me where to go.  I no others might want to but I really need help to sort this out.  Is anyone experiencing the same problem with the android phones?  Thanks if you can and hope I am not hijacking the thread.:wai:

I used to buy high end phones, but recently bought the J7 Pro after buying the J7 prime for my son. I already liked the J7 prime,  but the pro is really a lot better!

Super amoled FHD screen, 3GB ram and 32GB rom. Very fast and good fingerprint scanner and Samsung Pay.

I bought it at dtac for 6900 baht. The phone has 3 slots for 2 sim cards and a micro-sd card which can be up to 256GB. So far its excellent with easy 2 days use of the battery of 3600mAh. Metal body and 2 led flash (back AND front).

The cam is excellent altough some people say its not so good. Well, I always laugh about people who buy the best of the best, but unable to make a decent photo. The back cam in the J7 Pro is 13Mpixel with f1.7, which is good. A lot of people are amazed at the shots I manage to make. Unfortunately the attaching of files doesn't work, so I can't show some pics. 

The front cam is slightly worse with 13Mpixel but f1.9.

Another thing that I like is 2 separate volume buttons iso a volume rocker.

Downsides: not waterproof and no wireless charging. 

But it has fast charging!

You can't find another phone with this spec for this price!

Edited by Cheops

15 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

Hi guys, hoping that one of you can help me.  I have a Samsung J2, but am having problems with Google maps. When I put in the destination and hit start, sometimes I get the voice, telling me where under way but most times I get no voice at all.  I have the phone paired to my Honda's bluetooth but once I hit start, I get no voice at all.  So off I go and have to look at the map, which is bloody dangerous, for directions as the little darling is not telling me where to go.  I no others might want to but I really need help to sort this out.  Is anyone experiencing the same problem with the android phones?  Thanks if you can and hope I am not hijacking the thread.:wai:

your sound system is probably set to "line in". Change it to "aux" and it should work

I bought the J7 Pro immediately, when it hit the Thai market, 11k at that time.

Technically, it is really good, eliminating all the shortcomings of my former J7 Prime (especially camera and RAM).

However there is a big disadvantage:

I always use a glass screen protector with my cell phones.

The one, I got for free with the phone from the official Samsung outlet is obviously made for another model and leaving 2 mm uncovered at the left and right edge.

--- That means, the touch screen is unusable in that area !

Browsing websites, you often have to turn the phone to touch a button on the website edge.

Unfortunately, in all phone stores, I checked, they do not sell another protector covering these 2 x 2mm, at least not here in CM.

26 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

Technically, it is really good, eliminating all the shortcomings of my former J7 Prime (especially camera and RAM).

The one, I got for free with the phone from the official Samsung outlet is obviously made for another model and leaving 2 mm uncovered at the left and right edge.

Browsing websites, you often have to turn the phone to touch a button on the website edge.

Unfortunately, in all phone stores, I checked, they do not sell another protector covering these 2 x 2mm, at least not here in CM.

It's not a disadvantage of the phone, just a stupid free too small screen protector which also came free with my J7 pro. Also a free case, which a don't use either. The one I got free was not from Samsung,  but from Gorilla Glass. I thought nice,  until I saw the way too small protector.

In Bangkok they have the good glass full face screen protector for the J7 Pro, which costs 200 baht to fit. 

If you can't find them in CM, you can order them from AliExpress where I saw them as well. I guess lazada has them as well. 

Edited by Cheops

17 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Huawaii better than Samsung, I am sorry sir but we are in Thailand, :whistling:Pffff

try  to tell any Thai people Yamaha motorbikes are better than Honda:cheesy:

I really don't understand what you're trying to say. What's Thailand got to do with an opinion of Huawei is better than Samsung? And what's wrong with telling Yamaha motorbikes are better than Honda?

8 minutes ago, sitti said:

I really don't understand what you're trying to say. What's Thailand got to do with an opinion of Huawei is better than Samsung? And what's wrong with telling Yamaha motorbikes are better than Honda?

You didn't get the joke?

Certain brands have such a strong position/history to Thai people that you will have problems to convince them on other brands whatever argument you have.

(Apple, Samsung, Toyota, Honda...)

And cheaper can't be better :tongue:

21 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

You didn't get the joke?

Certain brands have such a strong position/history to Thai people that you will have problems to convince them on other brands whatever argument you have.

(Apple, Samsung, Toyota, Honda...)

And cheaper can't be better :tongue:

Naa I didn't get the joke. That is applicable to consumers in all countries. Aren't there any fanboy very loyal to specific brand in your country? What is better is very subjective. What you get for what price is very important deciding factor. Haven't you heard people say "better value" when they compare products. 

I removed the screen cover the next day for the same reason. Unless clumsy they aren't really needed

3 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

your sound system is probably set to "line in". Change it to "aux" and it should work

Thanks but still not working. Started this morning, got voice for first initial direction, then nothing further. The phone connects to Bluetooth but  no directions are forthcoming from Google maps via Bluetooth despite the phone working over the system.:wai:

3 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

Thanks but still not working. Started this morning, got voice for first initial direction, then nothing further. The phone connects to Bluetooth but  no directions are forthcoming from Google maps via Bluetooth despite the phone working over the system.:wai:

I couldn't find it this morning, but I remember seeing on map's settings an option for voice instructions via Bluetooth.

I also used to go nuts as I never got voice instructions through the Bluetooth system unless it was during a phone call.... I also couldn't here whatsapp/line voice messages unless I turned of the car's sound system and listen thorough the phone itself. But one day I was trying to listen to music on my phone and heard nothing so I pressed some buttons and as soon as I switched from line in to aux it worked - music, voice massages and maps voice navigations...

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

I couldn't find it this morning, but I remember seeing on map's settings an option for voice instructions via Bluetooth.

I also used to go nuts as I never got voice instructions through the Bluetooth system unless it was during a phone call.... I also couldn't here whatsapp/line voice messages unless I turned of the car's sound system and listen thorough the phone itself. But one day I was trying to listen to music on my phone and heard nothing so I pressed some buttons and as soon as I switched from line in to aux it worked - music, voice massages and maps voice navigations...

I can't find any connections either in Bluetooth or Google map.  Everything is on, started map once, got the voice, started a second time, nothing, a third time got voice.  I'll try tomorrow when I go out and let you know.  Thanks. :wai:

If i had more time buying a new phone, i am not sure i would had bought the J7 plus.

There are many very good offerings out there.

I had very bad experinces with a Samsung Note1 in the past so but will give the brand another chance.