Buying a new LG V20

I have been looking at upgrading my Note 3 Samsung for over a year.  Mainly for the camera which is way below even the camera on my wife's cheapie 8,000B Samsung J7.  Wife wants to trade up away from her 2016 J7 as well so we could be up for 2 of them.

We have both had numerous problems with smart phone batteries so I want one with a removable battery but with most of the flagship features.  Several phones really interested me but most lack one or more of my "must-haves" list, particularly the removable battery feature.  I don't want to go down in options having owned a flagship model but I do not need the stylus or any 25k to 35k pricetag phone.

The LG V20 (64gb/4gb) variant is the one that ticks all my boxes, particularly with upgraded audio DAC feature but it is right at the top end of what I want to pay and the various submodels are confusing, particularly when I look on  Lazada and realise I am not Tech enough to understand all the possible issues I may have, such as Provider compatibility and warranty here.  Lazada seems to be 3-4k cheaper than most of the local advertised prices but I do not want to save 3k and get something that disappoints me, won't work or can't be warrantied here in LOS.

Any ideas where I can get a good price on a V20  in the model I want with Thai warranty or any other words of wisdom such as LG or bloatware problems with my choice.  I would probably have jumped on a Xiaomi M1A1 or even a new Sammy  upgrade such as the J7 plus already, but for the battery issue.   

All contributions gratefully appreciated.

3 hours ago, shady86 said:

If I'm not mistaken LG V20 is not officially released here so you won't be getting LG official warranty. The closest model you can get is LG G6.

That maybe why I have not seen any but they are offered.  possibly parallel imported in that case.  I will check Thai availability and the G6.  LG is not doing much with cellphones in LOS.  Thank you

PS G6 Battery not removable.  Durn-it.   And 25,000THB.  Double Durn-it!!!!!

That maybe why I have not seen any but they are offered.  possibly parallel imported in that case.  I will check Thai availability and the G6.  LG is not doing much with cellphones in LOS.  Thank you

PS G6 Battery not removable.  Durn-it.
The G6 eventually made it here. A 30 second visit to their website will tell you where you can get your hands on one.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

23 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

The G6 eventually made it here. A 30 second visit to their website will tell you where you can get your hands on one.

Yeah but at around 25,000B it is more than I want to spend for a phone every 2-4 years.   And the battery is Non-removable in the G6 anyway so its out!!!     I never bought the Note 3 for myself.  I bought it for my wife but it was "too complicated" for her, but having a flagship phone for several years is habit forming.  I do not want to go too far back down.  The note 3 is a 4 year old model just now and we bought it just over 3.5 years ago.  I just put a new battery in myself a few weeks ago.     2-4 years is about when the battery is dead and/or the technology has been superseded.   Time to move on & keep it for a spare or loaner.  I spent hours on the net over the last few days and there are almost no phones with replaceable batteries and the LG V20 ticks all the boxes but it is not supported in Thailand.   

Yeah but at around 25,000B it is more than I want to spend for a phone every 2-4 years.   And the battery is Non-removable in the G6 anyway so its out!!!     I never bought the Note 3 for myself.  I bought it for my wife but it was "too complicated" for her, but having a flagship phone for several years is habit forming.  I do not want to go too far back down.  The note 3 is a 4 year old model just now and we bought it just over 3.5 years ago.  I just put a new battery in myself a few weeks ago.     2-4 years is about when the battery is dead and/or the technology has been superseded.   Time to move on & keep it for a spare or loaner.
Good luck finding a current flagship phone with a removable battery.

22 hours ago, shady86 said:

Earlier there was a promotion for G6 with free 43 or 49 inch TV. After some bad experience with G4, I've decided not to buy LG phones anymore.

Everyone makes the odd lemon.  I know people who will not buy Samsungs or Apples because of bad experiences.  LG are a big company with a good reputation so far as I have heard but I do not know many people with LG phones, probably because LG have been concentrating on other products and not pushing phones hard themselves.

4 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Good luck finding a current flagship phone with a removable battery.

There are a few, very few.  Of which the LG v20 with its DAC sound feature, 64/4gb memory etc etc - and a very reasonable price is the best choice.   Which is why I am teed off that LG do not sell it here.  Still thinking but I have a few ideas up my sleeve.

There are a few, very few.  Of which the LG v20 with its DAC sound feature, 64/4gb memory etc etc - and a very reasonable price is the best choice.   Which is why I am teed off that LG do not sell it here.  Still thinking but I have a few ideas up my sleeve.
I wouldn't call the v20 a current flagship, but its probably one of the best phones with a removable battery. Also, just because the battery isn't removeable, doesn't mean they can't be replaced.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

2 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

I wouldn't call the v20 a current flagship, but its probably one of the best phones with a removable battery. Also, just because the battery isn't removeable, doesn't mean they can't be replaced.

Yes it is a 2016 flagship.   Can all the Non remove phones have the battery replaced by a tech or do some become pure throwaways? 

I guess this sealed battery thing makes them easier to waterproof and easier to make with no bezel and sloping edges, of which, neither of last two have any practical use.

Yes it is a 2016 flagship.   Can all the Non remove phones have the battery replaced by a tech or do some become pure throwaways? 

I guess this sealed battery thing makes them easier to waterproof and easier to make with no bezel and sloping edges, of which, neither of last two have any practical use.
Yes, the batteries can be replaced, not they they will need to unless the phone is 4+ years old.

14 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Yes, the batteries can be replaced, not they they will need to unless the phone is 4+ years old.

Well, my wife and I have had miserable experiences with the batteries in several phones less that 4 years old.  The only built in item we have is a Huawei M3, 9" tablet and it has not caused any problems..............yet!!!! (Touch wood)

Archived