Police said Burmese maid shot herself in right side - but lawyer says she was left handed

webfact

The body should have been examined for sexual assault as well as powder residues. Everyone believed to have been in the vicinity should also have been checked for powder residue within 24 hours. The possibility that she was raped and then murdered by someone who had not noticed she was left handed should have been immediately investigated by police. 

The girl died on 7 September and was probably cremated soon afterwards. So obviously no chance the proper forensics will be done. There no explanation of what happened to the other shot, since two empty 9mm casings were found.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition Ranarong said that no proper procedure was done to forensically examine the corpse of the dead woman.

The police signed off on the case saying that it was suicide - probably because the victim was cross about her elder sister going back to Burma.

A conclusion to a case can't be reached without following a set procedure, to ensure everything has been considered.

The fact that there were no forensics involved, but the police were still able to 'sign off' and come to a conclusion is truly ridiculous. Cowboy policing.

To then speculate on a probable reason WHY the maid may have wanted to kill herself is nothing but conjecture, and was said to backup their inadequate conclusion.. Probably, to make it sound like they had a clue about what was going on, which, they clearly didn't.

Are all police in Thailand so woefully stupid, corrupt, inept and lazy? 

Truly a sad state of affairs.. Once again BIB showing their true colours.

The whole system, from the bottom to the very top is in dire need of reform and transparency. I doubt we'll see it in our lifetimes.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Did they do any gun powder residue checks on the owner, or even on her right hand ?

Um, what is that? could you please explain fully for the BIB - they might have missed the in-depth lecture as it was scheduled for presentation 5 minutes before lunch break.

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'm right handed but pretty sure I could pull a trigger with my left hand !! However, the lawyer is probably on the ball with this case... Good on him

Most of us right handed could, but opening a safe without heavy equipment and a bow torch is a different question !?

28 minutes ago, Pakaty said:

I would bet that nearly 100% of suicides using a gun point it at their heads and never in the side.  And why where there two shell casings found?

do you need someone to fully explain it for you?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The police signed off on the case saying that it was suicide - probably because the victim was cross about her elder sister going back to Burma.

The lawyer dismisses this as nonsense.

And the lawyer is probably correct.

1 hour ago, phuketlive said:

I'm left handed but i play tennis with the right arm, i shoot guns with the right hand, i play soccer with the left foot

This is really interesting PL.

I have heard of people like this. When you play football are you exclusively right footed or do you occasionally kick the ball with your right foot?

Fascinating!!! What about other stuff; like darts or cards or snooker even?

56 minutes ago, phuketlive said:

I'm left handed but i play tennis with the right arm, i shoot guns with the right hand, i play soccer with the left foot

So from that rather obscure detailing of your multiple sporting capabilities, I guess we know which hand you would you shoot your Burmese maid with?

19 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Next thing the cops will find out:

There are no left-handed Burmese.

There are sure to be some left-handered Burmese.

It is interesting to know that in South Bucks (England) the incidence of lefties is getting on for 50%.

Is this left-handedness it hereditary? Some say it because the right side of the brain controls the right arm in preference to the left arm. Anyone!!??

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'm right handed but pretty sure I could pull a trigger with my left hand !! However, the lawyer is probably on the ball with this case... Good on him

It also depends on the bullet entry point, front to back or back to front. Being left handed, it would be easier to shoot the right side front to back !! No need to be a scientist to work that one out !

1 minute ago, Bazza444 said:

It also depends on the bullet entry point, front to back or back to front. Being left handed, it would be easier to shoot the right side front to back !! No need to be a scientist to work that one out !

This sounds like a previous post Bazza. Was she not shot in the side? The bullet would then go in her right side and maybe either go down a little or straight across. Unlikely to go upwards. Police should know all this.

4 minutes ago, Bazza444 said:

Have you watched the Zapruder film and can offer an opinion on the 'grassy knoll' theory?

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

This sounds like a previous post Bazza. Was she not shot in the side? The bullet would then go in her right side and maybe either go down a little or straight across. Unlikely to go upwards. Police should know all this.

Yes, as reported, shot in the right side ! but from what direction and why choose the side to put a bullet for suicide, makes no sense !

5 minutes ago, Bazza444 said:

Yes, as reported, shot in the right side ! but from what direction and why choose the side to put a bullet for suicide, makes no sense !

To be honest Bazza, there are more than a few TVForum posters who could have sorted this out. Unfortunately; the poor lady is gone. RIP love.

Did anyone check the CCTV footage?

Same here. And it's because my master eye is the right one. 

Agree more interesting is why 2 shell casings, how she opened the safe, (was the gun kept loaded), and the lack off powder residue checks. 

OK I was wondering why the pervious poster would shoot with his right if he is left handed. That make sense to me for aiming with a riffle. But if you was shooting at point blank range with a pistol would you use your left or right?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I hope some TV producer will be inspired one day and bring us "CSI: Thailand". He or she surely would have more than enough material to spin into hilarious screenplays and we all could look forward to enjoy what is destined to become the top comedy show of all time. Move aside, Seinfeld, inept Thai cops coming through!  
Actually I was thinking something similar the other day after a Thread about Tourist police in pattaya. But I was thinking of a mixture of dads army and those confession of films form the 70s.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Archived