Good Place to Learn to Fly my Drone

sharktooth

Sorry,  I don't know about CM but if I lived up there I would try and find that Hill Tribe kid who made the news several years ago when the MFA gave him a special passport so he could represent Thailand in at a paper airplane contest in Japan

Last reports had him training private drone pilots in CM 

Andrew Biggs,  of the newspaper we dare not name did a followup story on Mong Thongdee on 17 Sep 2017 if you want to try a search for more info

Drones will become like cigarettes soon.  Highly desired by the user but despised but the rest of society.  

I can move away from the airport if i don't like the noise.  How do i escape from people like you who uncaringly penetrate my personal zone of quiet meditation?

But, i do see some big open fields along Hui Tung Tao lake.

2 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Drones will become like cigarettes soon.  Highly desired by the user but despised but the rest of society.  

I can move away from the airport if i don't like the noise.  How do i escape from people like you who uncaringly penetrate my personal zone

Could not agree more. 

3 hours ago, sharktooth said:

but isn’t it owned by the military? Don’t know how keen they would be with me flying around there

4 hours ago, sharktooth said:

Jesus wept. Mods just close this please. Pointless Peasants Pontificating Pish.

You are concerned about possibly disturbing the Military if you invade their airspace but dismiss others who may object to you invading their own private individual airspace and then you make this pointless and inaccurate comment.

1 hour ago, sharktooth said:

Awww bless. Keyboard warriors... gotta love em. Keep it up sweethearts and with any luck your husbands will do the same.

Who is the keyboard warrior and who is the arrogant person who is not concerned with our individual rights to complain about your potential invasion of my/our space.

Edited by scottiejohn

What drone is it? If you have a DJI or similar it is "almost" impossible to crash them :-) They are also geo mapped so wont let you even start it if in restricted area.

All you need is a spot with no people within 35m and 50m away from a building and preferably not in a fforest lol.

If you have gps it shuld be fine, if not do not attempt on a windy day.

I have flown mine in Wat Banrai in high winds, had to take off holding it not for it to blow over, did about 45mph with wind nd about 5mph to bring it back lol But I drove 75 mles to film there so was not going to not fly. Only place so far been stopped was in Wat Pho, oh also stopped in sanctuary of truth Pattaya. They said no professional photos but I said mine was personal. I asked if cameras allowed they said yes, I asked if selfie stick was allowed they said yes, I said what if stick was 100m long? !! They did not answer lol so I flew it from a beach nearby and over to film. They do not own airspace.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 7:09 AM, oldwelshman said:

What drone is it? If you have a DJI or similar it is "almost" impossible to crash them :-) They are also geo mapped so wont let you even start it if in restricted area.

All you need is a spot with no people within 35m and 50m away from a building and preferably not in a fforest lol.

If you have gps it shuld be fine, if not do not attempt on a windy day.

I have flown mine in Wat Banrai in high winds, had to take off holding it not for it to blow over, did about 45mph with wind nd about 5mph to bring it back lol But I drove 75 mles to film there so was not going to not fly. Only place so far been stopped was in Wat Pho, oh also stopped in sanctuary of truth Pattaya. They said no professional photos but I said mine was personal. I asked if cameras allowed they said yes, I asked if selfie stick was allowed they said yes, I said what if stick was 100m long? !! They did not answer lol so I flew it from a beach nearby and over to film. They do not own airspace.

I done the impossible yesterday in Sports Mode :)

love it though. DJI Mavic.

On 11/1/2017 at 3:54 PM, scottiejohn said:

You are concerned about possibly disturbing the Military if you invade their airspace but dismiss others who may object to you invading their own private individual airspace and then you make this pointless and inaccurate comment.

Who is the keyboard warrior and who is the arrogant person who is not concerned with our individual rights to complain about your potential invasion of my/our space.

Hmmmm potential invasion of your space? You appear to be misguided by your feeling of self importance. Wrinkly, overweight old ladies are not my favourite subjects.

Edited by sharktooth

4 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

Hmmmm potential invasion of your space? Why would I even contemplate flying anywhere near the human equivalent of a rubber Johnny full of custard?

It has taken you 24 days to come up with that.  I hope the drone has more intelligence and understanding than its' operator!

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:54 AM, scottiejohn said:

Why would you think anyone with a drone would wish to invade your private space? Do you live in a hot air balloon 100m in the air? I have never flown a drone near any individuals property as there is nothing of interest to photograph. The point of the drone is to be able to take photographs of interesting places from a different viewpoint from a distance, often of places with difficult access such as waterfalls and scenic shots. I always ask permission first and have taken some great shots of temples with their permission.

On 12/3/2017 at 7:03 PM, oldwelshman said:

The point of the drone is to be able to take photographs of interesting places from a different viewpoint from a distance, often of places with difficult access such as waterfalls and scenic shots. I always ask permission first and have taken some great shots of temples with their permission.

You are obviously a paragon of "droners".

Many are not and are a danger to society, aircraft, privacy etc.

Please enjoy your well controlled "droning", just please don't do it near me!

PS;  I was "was "droned" not long ago on the back of a horse, sorry I was on it's back until the <deleted> drone hit us.

On 12/3/2017 at 7:53 PM, scottiejohn said:

You are obviously a paragon of "droners".

Many are not and are a danger to society, aircraft, privacy etc.

Please enjoy your well controlled "droning", just please don't do it near me!

PS;  I was "was "droned" not long ago on the back of a horse, sorry I was on it's back until the <deleted> drone hit us.

You need to read up on drones. There are those who race drones at low height typically round a course, and others that fly them at height for aerial photography, neither of which would be remotely interested in invading your private space. You must have been zapped by a rogue droner lol No doubt you will get the odd 1 or 2 idiots, similar to the larger number of idiot drivers in Thailand, but not all people who fly a drone are idiots.

Still do not understand why you believe me or any other drone pilot interested in flying near you. You sure it was not a bird that flew into you ? lol

3 hours ago, oldwelshman said:

Still do not understand why you believe me or any other drone pilot interested in flying near you

John is a nudist and has a large number of young ladies in his regular group.  When he says he was riding a horse, that means bare back, bare butt and with at lease 6 unatired ladies along for the ride.  Interested now?

10 hours ago, oldwelshman said:

You need to read up on drones. There are those who race drones at low height typically round a course, and others that fly them at height for aerial photography, neither of which would be remotely interested in invading your private space. You must have been zapped by a rogue droner lol No doubt you will get the odd 1 or 2 idiots, similar to the larger number of idiot drivers in Thailand, but not all people who fly a drone are idiots.

Still do not understand why you believe me or any other drone pilot interested in flying near you. You sure it was not a bird that flew into you ? lol

Small man syndrome...