pain in my right testical

davidst01

Ive had a pain in my right testical all day. This morning I was feeling like a needed a sh*g but the wife was not around. I rushed off to work and all

day Ive had a dull pain in my right testical. When I got home this evening the pain increased substantially. With the wife still not home I decided to relieve myself and now the pain seems to be gone. 

Could I have a testicular infection. Should I go to the doc to get some antibiotics. This has never happened before. I am of middle age with no other symptoms. What antibiotic would be recommended?

One would hope that this thread doesnt show up in the daily email list. 

thanks

Pain from an infection would not usually be relieved by ejaculation.

If you were aroused for some time without relief you may have had what is called epididymal hypertension (AKA "blue balls").

I would wait and see - if it recurs unrelated to arousal then defininitely see a urologist.

See also  https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/testicle-pain/basics/when-to-see-doctor/sym-20050942

21 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Pain from an infection would not usually be relieved by ejaculation.

If you were aroused for some time without relief you may have had what is called epididymal hypertension (AKA "blue balls").

I would wait and see - if it recurs unrelated to arousal then defininitely see a urologist.

See also  https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/testicle-pain/basics/when-to-see-doctor/sym-20050942

I live in the sticks and ended up going to the public hospital and then for a 2nd opinion at the private hospital. The senior dr at the private hospital actually taught the other guy. Anyways, they both agree that I could have experienced a 'torsion of testis'. As I understand it ... when the tube twists around above the ball sack it can be dangerous if left for greater than 6 hours. 

I told them that sometimes during intercourse that same ball sack feels like its going upwards into my groin. After ejaculation I have to kind of push it back down and its quite unpleasant. He says its all related to the problem. 

He said he can do surgery and it will only cost 3000 baht but I have to stay 1 night in hospital. Im sure I read on this forum a buy who had this done in bangkok and he said it was extremely painful for 3 weeks after. The dr today dismissed the pain saying its nothing to worry about. He said its a routine procedure. 

I think I should get it done as im only middle age and could save me from experiencing pain in the future and other unpleasant feelings. 

I wonder if I should ask him to do penile ext surgery whilst he is down there. Im sure that wouldnt be very painful. Not that I need this surgery. 

He told me to fast the night before and then when I arrive I can first have ultrasound done on both testicals and also on my liver/ kidneys. 

I think that I should get it done but not looking forward to the pain for weeks on end with no bedroom action. Do you agree Sheryl that I should do it?

22 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

I think I should get it done as im only middle age and could save me from experiencing pain in the future and other unpleasant feelings. 

22 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

Do you agree Sheryl that I should do it?

The ball's in your court Davidst01. Pun intended.

You need to do an ultrasound to rule out testis cancer.  It's not common in Thailand so the doctors will not do it unless you ask.   I got testis cancer in my 40's so not only young people get it.  I was lucky because it was discovered early.  

It sounds like you may have what is called "Bell Clapper Deformity", this is a congenital condition in which the testes are not securely fixed within the scrotum and it is a risk factor of torsion. Surgery is indeed the treatment.

Penile extension/enhancement surgery is an altogether different thing and would have to be done by a plastic surgeon who specializes in such. It will be costly and yes, painful afterwards and adds nothing to sexual pleasure. Done only becauise some men are obsessed with the idea of size.

The surgery for the loose testes will nto involve incision into penis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2017 at 12:13 PM, Sheryl said:

It sounds like you may have what is called "Bell Clapper Deformity", this is a congenital condition in which the testes are not securely fixed within the scrotum and it is a risk factor of torsion. Surgery is indeed the treatment.

Penile extension/enhancement surgery is an altogether different thing and would have to be done by a plastic surgeon who specializes in such. It will be costly and yes, painful afterwards and adds nothing to sexual pleasure. Done only becauise some men are obsessed with the idea of size.

The surgery for the loose testes will nto involve incision into penis.

I can not resist obviously a reply from a lady with balls , who has personal experience :smile:  :post-4641-1156694572:

Keep smiling it helps stay healthy mentally