need to get new work permit if old one over 10 years old,

My book keeper has informed me that I am requiter to apply for a NEW Work permit. She tells me that they will no longer renew work permits over 10 years old.

I am also told that if the work permit includes more than one job description I have to pay Income tax on each listed job.

I have had a work permit continuously since 1993 here in Thailand, A new book was stapled to my old work permit book 2 renewals ago. I was told that be sure and not loose the old work permit book as they can not find my past records (I have copies).

So is this now the law a work permit over 10 years old can not be renewed and you must apply for a new one!

My company is a Thai American Amity Treaty registered company in business since 1992 here in "The Kingdom"

I am paying tax on my income as required by Thai Law, plus Social Insurance and rental tax, over 10,000 a month.

I have no tax problems just the requirement to get a new Work Permit when nothing has changed.

I just need to know if it is a law to have a new work permit reissued every 10 years.

Especially when I have had mine renewed every year like clock work.

1 hour ago, ksamuiguy said:

I am paying tax on my income as required by Thai Law, plus Social Insurance and rental tax, over 10,000 a month.

I have no tax problems just the requirement to get a new Work Permit when nothing has changed.

I just need to know if it is a law to have a new work permit reissued every 10 years.

Especially when I have had mine renewed every year like clock work.

I don't understand this then:

"if the work permit includes more than one job description I have to pay Income tax on each listed job."