The UK pound is plummeting

On 11/11/2017 at 2:46 PM, gamini said:

yes, thanks to him. He persuaded me to set up my own company and helped me with the acounts until it was established. He also advised me to sell my sterling based investments and and I would say that I am pretty well off now.

Good for him and good for you too.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up for those with money in Thai banks who are on the point of doing extensions of stay based on money in the bank.

If, as is widely forecast, the UK talks for Brexit collapse before the two week deadline recently set by the EU negotiating side, the pound will drop again by a fairly significant amount, so if you are on the edge of qualifying it might be as well to bump up your deposit. I am doing this right now in preparation.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/12/eu-planning-for-collapse-of-brexit-talks-says-michel-barnier

"Member states will decide at a summit on 14 and 15 December whether or not “sufficient progress” has been made on the core separation issues – the divorce bill, the Irish border and citizens’ rights – for negotiations to advance to the next stage. 

“We want to reach an agreement [with the UK] within the next 14 working days”, Barnier said, so the summit’s draft conclusions to be circulated and approved in time. “Today, we are not there. The rendezvous will be postponed if progress is not sufficient.” 

EU diplomats have said that if the 14-day deadline is not met, trade talks would be delayed until February or March next year. If it is, Barnier told the JDD, negotiations on a new treaty could start in January and would take “at least two years to conclude”.

16 hours ago, partington said:

Just a heads up for those with money in Thai banks who are on the point of doing extensions of stay based on money in the bank.

If, as is widely forecast, the UK talks for Brexit collapse before the two week deadline recently set by the EU negotiating side, the pound will drop again by a fairly significant amount, so if you are on the edge of qualifying it might be as well to bump up your deposit. I am doing this right now in preparation.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/12/eu-planning-for-collapse-of-brexit-talks-says-michel-barnier

"Member states will decide at a summit on 14 and 15 December whether or not “sufficient progress” has been made on the core separation issues – the divorce bill, the Irish border and citizens’ rights – for negotiations to advance to the next stage. 

“We want to reach an agreement [with the UK] within the next 14 working days”, Barnier said, so the summit’s draft conclusions to be circulated and approved in time. “Today, we are not there. The rendezvous will be postponed if progress is not sufficient.” 

EU diplomats have said that if the 14-day deadline is not met, trade talks would be delayed until February or March next year. If it is, Barnier told the JDD, negotiations on a new treaty could start in January and would take “at least two years to conclude”.

Thank nyou very much for the heads up from The Guardian, the leader of the totally unbiaqsed news about anything Brexit.

Still, even they have to get it right sometimes though I cannot remember the last time that anything unbiased came from them.

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Thank nyou very much for the heads up from The Guardian, the leader of the totally unbiaqsed news about anything Brexit.

Still, even they have to get it right sometimes though I cannot remember the last time that anything unbiased came from them.

You're welcome.

13 Nov 2017.jpg

• 1 month later...
to-day the GBP is just over 42 baht. But my friend thinks it will go to 39. I think he is right, he is a currency trader and chartered accountant.
. But he also went on to tell me that if the brexit deal did not have access to the common market then it could go down to 29. It is a bit of a worry, especially since it is getting expensive to llve in Thailand now.

Is he a mind reader as well'if so lottory nos please

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Archived