G4T Promenade Chiang Mai

DGS1244

Passed by this morning again while waiting for my number to be called at immigration.

Here are  the fees they charge from their well-publicized price list (all fees include Immigration duties):

Visa Change - 15,000 baht

Retirement Visa - 6,900 baht

Thai Family 1st Year - 6900 baht (not sure who this applies to)

Thai Family 2nd year - 5900 baht (not sure who this applies to)

Tourist visa - 2400 baht

Re-entry (S) - 1500 baht

Re-entry (M) - 4300 baht

Residence Certificate - 1,000 baht

Residence TM30 - 300 baht

90 Days Report - 300 baht

Transfer of Visa to New Passport - 1,000 (not on price list, but told to me in person)

On a side note, I arrived at Immigration at 6 AM, was the ninth person in cue, nobody else showed up until 7:30. By 8:30 there were about 20-25 people. My number was called at 10:30, and I got my passport back at noon, along with every other retiree processed this morning, by which time they had handled 13 retirements (one officer), about 100 90-day reports, 13 re-entries, and about 45 tourist visas.

IMHO, 5000 baht is way too much for the effort, considering that I could have arrived just before 8:30 and still gotten a number. However, I remember several months ago that you had to show up around 4 AM to get a number.

500 baht for a re-entry permit may be OK, although I have always done them in person and never had to wait more than a few minutes.

300 baht for a 90-day report sounds reasonable to me, never having had any luck with the online system, and considering that the mail option requires a trip to the post office.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent report PFV, although it probably should be in my thread about the new visa agency, not the now-defunct G4T.  Incidentally, the people from Tian still haven't called me with what they'd charge for a medical extension, even though they listed this as one of their services on their sign out front.

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

It is a good place for rich customers but not average customers.

All customers are expected to join the queue and not jump queue to be served first just because they have more money than the rest.

It's alright if you pay someone to join the queue and do some paperwork for you but to jump queue is a no-no. There are many outside companies who can assist foreigners to queue up for you.

Sometimes, I notice an immigration officer will disappear somewhere for quite sometime and take exceedingly long to serve one person.

I mean it makes no sense to serve a maximum 25 customers per day for retirement queue or only serve out 30 queue numbers for residence cert.

This month and this year I actually saw the retirement immigration officer working at the table whereas last year, I couldn't see him at all and I have to collect my passport after noon time when he return from somewhere to sign it. I could recognise the same signature on my visa.

This year was when GT4 was closed albeit temporarily. :shock1:

You consider paying 300 baht is a lot of money for rich people?  

I would spend more money doing it your way...  as buying a coffee, eating a dukes, shopping and Rimping and the petrol to get there would come to more than 300 bath.

53 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I thought it is 3800 baht from the board that I saw last week.

Simple review of the post reflects that the 4,300 baht is for the multiple-entry visa (3,800 baht gov't fee) and agency's fee (500 baht).  Logically, the total fee (including the gov't fee of 1,000 baht) for a single re-entry fee is 1,500 baht.  For re-entry stamps, I always get my own (either at Immigration or at the airport when I'm leaving) as it's normally fairly quick and easy to do.

42 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Simple review of the post reflects that the 4,300 baht is for the multiple-entry visa (3,800 baht gov't fee) and agency's fee (500 baht).  Logically, the total fee (including the gov't fee of 1,000 baht) for a single re-entry fee is 1,500 baht.  

Glad you got that one sorted, rocket science math.  Thanks Bob for your patience.

90 day report in person today. Arrived about 14:30 and filled the form out near the desk and i had the relevant photocopies ready. Asked the 90 day desk if i needed to get a number and they said no, they took the papers straight away, apologised that the computers were running slow and was all done in about 5 mins. 

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

You consider paying 300 baht is a lot of money for rich people?  

I would spend more money doing it your way...  as buying a coffee, eating a dukes, shopping and Rimping and the petrol to get there would come to more than 300 bath.

Sorry. I meant 'richer'. There are still some who prefer to do it themselves and save some money.

5 hours ago, PFV said:

Passed by this morning again while waiting for my number to be called at immigration.

Here are  the fees they charge from their well-publicized price list (all fees include Immigration duties):

Visa Change - 15,000 baht

Retirement Visa - 6,900 baht

Thai Family 1st Year - 6900 baht (not sure who this applies to)

Thai Family 2nd year - 5900 baht (not sure who this applies to)

Tourist visa - 2400 baht

Re-entry (S) - 1500 baht

Re-entry (M) - 4300 baht

Residence Certificate - 1,000 baht

Residence TM30 - 300 baht

90 Days Report - 300 baht

Transfer of Visa to New Passport - 1,000 (not on price list, but told to me in person)

On a side note, I arrived at Immigration at 6 AM, was the ninth person in cue, nobody else showed up until 7:30. By 8:30 there were about 20-25 people. My number was called at 10:30, and I got my passport back at noon, along with every other retiree processed this morning, by which time they had handled 13 retirements (one officer), about 100 90-day reports, 13 re-entries, and about 45 tourist visas.

IMHO, 5000 baht is way too much for the effort, considering that I could have arrived just before 8:30 and still gotten a number. However, I remember several months ago that you had to show up around 4 AM to get a number.

500 baht for a re-entry permit may be OK, although I have always done them in person and never had to wait more than a few minutes.

300 baht for a 90-day report sounds reasonable to me, never having had any luck with the online system, and considering that the mail option requires a trip to the post office.

Finally, a worthwhile update on the important stuff at Prom.  Did they check TM30.  Was there any extra financial scrutiny?  Was the guy still in a bad mood?  Did they photo you holding your extension?  Was a real 4 x 6 on blue required?  Thanks!  Congrats..5000 THB saved...enough for a new washing machine or a lot of Heineken.  Oh, were they still issuing numbers when you left at noon?

A minor update.  Tian charges THB 6,900 inclusive for the annual retirement extension. Their pricing placard says that this price also includes four 90-day reports at no additional charge. So if you compare this pricing to that used by G4T, you can deduce that Tian is charging only THB 800 more for the same set of services. Here’s the math:  G4T...1900+3000+4x300= 6,100.  Tian...1900+5000+4x0= 6900.  Doesn’t sound like an exorbitant increase to me. 

One agent goes or the same agent rebrands as Tian with a 800 baht increase in price. The true cost of the extension is 1900 baht and 90 day reports have no charge. All over Thailand immigration offices seem to operate happily with just the standard charges. The CM office struggles to process the number of applicants who only pay the official price. The same office however becomes a slick operation when you pay the $$$ and use their deeply embedded "agent" . 

On 11/15/2017 at 6:31 PM, BuddyDean said:

Did they check TM30.  Was there any extra financial scrutiny?  Was the guy still in a bad mood?  Did they photo you holding your extension?  Was a real 4 x 6 on blue required?  Thanks!  Congrats..5000 THB saved...enough for a new washing machine or a lot of Heineken.  Oh, were they still issuing numbers when you left at noon?

The immigration officer, who as quite nice, did check the TM30 and required a photocopy of the Receipt of Notification stapled to the passport. He was happy with the letter from the bank, but did want to see the bank book along with the copies. My 4 x 6 was on a white background and glued to the application. They were not issuing number at noon when I left.

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I believe that in most cases the person who accuses someone else as being a "fool" usually turn out to be the real fool. As ES says agent users have their reasons for using them and DIYers have their reasons. Each to their own please without unwarranted name calling.

Yes, it's amazing.....

Sabai sabai country.....

Drink however you want.....

Dress up/down however you want - look like a slob if you want.....

Boink whoever/whatever? you want however you want every night Short time/long time = all ok.....

Drive any way you want....

Eat high end or street food however you want....

Barstool brigade however you want...

Do whatever the f you want - it's bwana in Thailand after all....

Just don't use an agent !!!!!!!

The hypocrisy among us.....:cheesy:

8 hours ago, metisdead said:

A post containing inflammatory comments directed at other members has been removed as well as the replies.  Continue to post in this manner could find a posting suspension coming. 

Good job finally....

Archived