Balanced News Reporting

dcsw53

I have a bone to pick with Thai visa.

The introductory headline for the Pattaya forum on thai visa is " Pattaya News Forum for Pattaya related news and current happenings in the infamous city ".

The corresponding one for Phuket mentions the island, and Chiang Mai the city. So why is Pattaya branded as infamous ? To stop the deluge of respondents further denegrating the place, I will be the first to admit that there are problems here, as there are in ANY city. But if you come here, avoid getting blind drunk, insulting others and act responsibly, you can have a great time.

Thailand thrives on bad news, and there is a fair bit of it to report, from dirty beaches to traffic jams and the ever present corruption. If it is as bad as the forums like to make out then why do several million foreigners carry on living in this hell hole ? My answer is that it is not as bad as the media likes to paint it.

Come on Thai Visa, look in the mirror and let the occasional good news story break the endless tales of doom and gloom. You could start by re-branding us as a "coastal" not "infamous" city, or that a step too far ?