Bazaar Begpacker: Russian begpacker spotted Sunday at weekend market

webfact

9 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Did you read my post? I saw her NOT playing an instrument!  With my own  eyes, at the sky walk at MBK somewhat in the way of people. If you are playing music on the street with no hat or tin can or something else out to put money in then you are playing music. Once the hat comes out it's begging. If you want to say asking for donations then all beggars ask for donations if they are playing music or saying some prayer to you. Some people have one small drum and suck at playing it and have a hat out. Is that busking to you??  Please.  I also did not say busking is hi so, read my post. 

I read your post, did you manage to comprehend mine?  If she started playing music then she went from begging to busking, that is just a fact.  And your claim that playing music while asking for money is begging is just plain wrong, the very definition of busking is performing while requesting donations.

And sorry, I did misread what you said regarding hiso, you actually said "I love people with musical backgrounds that think busking is very hi so and above begging and legal!", no doubt you are as misinformed on this point as the last, I don't think anyone thinks of it as being something high society, that is just bizarre, and I think almost everyone thinks of it as being above begging as it includes a service, and it is perfectly legal in most countries, in many they are a very important part of the tourist experience.

If one wishes to travel then one should have sufficient funds to support one's self for the entire journey.

To assume anything less is irresponsible, stupid & naive. I won't give them 1 baht.

She should ring mummy up if she's short of cash ....

Edited by steven100

I was walking down Sukhumvit down to Villa in soi 33 one morning . A farang in an orange monks robe looking out of his brain prostrated himself in front of me holding a cup in his hand, I stepped over him and the locals were  all laughing at him

22 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I saw her a few weeks ago outside MBK near that new intersection bridge. She was not playing any instrument and had some note and something for people to put money in. She is begging and even if she started playing something she is still begging. I love people with musical backgrounds that think busking is very hi so and above begging and legal! Most countries you just can't start playing something and put a tin can out and get away with it for long. Why not just bring out the ingredients for your own  som tum at the MBK bridge and start singing and selling it for a donation? 

Why would that be?  I love music and often stop to listen to buskers. No one forces anyone to contribute.

On 11/7/2017 at 9:14 PM, Happyman108 said:

Why travel when you can't afford to? Begging or asking or money to fund her traveling is just not right.....:sad:

U r right Happyman, why should I fund her travel...? And who is going to fund my travel then?

10 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Well she a nice looking white Russian ....

Ahhh...  quite average looking. But that's only my opinion and I'm a dirty old pervert with a pretty wife 20yrs my junior and three giks under 40

22 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What has The Buddha got to do with a Russian tourist's begging?

Der, can you see the similarities....... Imparting pleasure (Music), imparting teaching, (wisdom)...... ?  Not rocket science...... Why do you think monks are given food ? it's part in appreciation for their teaching supposedly given freely...... Hence the free food...... C'mon, the bird's hardly a national threat ........

What about all the Thai Beggars/Buskers i see all over Sukhumvit ? Really, when is all this petty madness going to end in this rapidly becoming miserable place ?  Oh let's not forget the blind beggars at Asoke station playing music as well...... Jesus H !   where has the goodness of humanity gone ?

9 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Der, can you see the similarities....... Imparting pleasure (Music), imparting teaching, (wisdom)...... ?  Not rocket science...... Why do you think monks are given food ? it's part in appreciation for their teaching supposedly given freely...... Hence the free food...... C'mon, the bird's hardly a national threat ........

"Der"?  What?

I didn't say that she was a threat.  She wasn't "imparting pleasure", she wasn't "imparting wisdom" either.  What have monk's getting free food got to do with this also?