Dashcam footage captures yet more crazy driving in Thailand

snoop1130

Dashcam footage captures yet more crazy driving in Thailand

pic.png

Dash cam footage posted to Facebook showed the latest crazy driving on Thai roads.

The footage on the Community Bowin page showed a van undertaking a long trailer. The van then cuts across in front of another truck in the right hand lane.

It appears that the van driver loses control and is struck by the truck. It overturns and ends up in the central reservation on its side. 

The accident happened in the Amata City area on Monday evening according to the post.

There were no details regarding the fate of the driver and anyone else possibly in the vehicle.

The truck drove on but it is not known whether it stopped thereafter.  

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-7

It's pretty obvious the van and the truck are battling it out with each other. 
Instead of continuing until the right lane is free, the van tries to push the truck off the road only to come off second best. Notice the truck driver doesn't apply his brakes until the very last moment when the van is spinning out of control infront of him.

18 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

But just look at the condition of the road surface from 15 seconds in till the end. No wonder the minivan slowed down.

just adding on more fault to his driving - engaged too fast on a lane of which he didn't the conditions without securing enough distance to the following vehicle to stop.

it's just reckless and brainless driving, period.

typical thai driver, indicate and think it means they have automatic right of way and can pull out in front of another car or simply cut them off, looks like they learned their lesson the hard way that they have to wait till the road is clear/safe for them to do so

1 hour ago, Topdoc said:

Instead of continuing until the right lane is free, the van tries to push the truck off the road only to come off second best. Notice the truck driver doesn't apply his brakes until the very last moment when the van is spinning out of control infront of him.

It really looks like the van sets in front of the truck and breaks.

What a psycho.

Fortunately (from the FB page) it seems that no passengers were aboard. Otherwise they would show the injured and dead as usual.

I could be wrong, but probably this is the hool that survived unharmed?

23331502_148521889228968_434365350624303

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Passing in the motorbike lane on the left, then trying to cut in front of a semi.  Nothing unusual here.

Technically (& where I come from), its not the motorbike lane but rather the shoulder (used for emergency stopping et cetera). But then here in Thailand I guess its considered another driving lane. LOL.

1 minute ago, SpicyMeatball said:

But then here in Thailand I guess its considered another driving lane. LOL.

Sometimes it's explicitly marked with signs to be a motorcycle lane.

(I see this on the highway 12)

...is this vid an accident video?

Not at all! It is an INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO shown at the LAND TRANSORT OFFICE!

Nothing to see here!

Yes, in many places, it is called "DRIVERs ED."

5555555..'the only question is thus....who are the drivers connected to and how much baht is he willing to fork out to whomever? Minivans have a reputation in the Kingdom of being inolved in a HIGH RATE of biffs, get-offs, oopsies........accidents! 

I used to stop and assist anyone in an accident---a frequent occurence in LOS. No mas. Now I witness an accident unfolding...I GTFO!

From the photo and info supplied above it would appear that there were no passengers onboard (luckily) and it looks as thought the driver got out uninjured (maybe).

Strangely, it was a little satisfying in a way to see the van driver beat at his own game. However he will be back doing the same thing tomorrow as though nothing had happened.

Can’t understand why the van after undertaking the truck went straight in the outer lane right in front of the fast moving truck .. pure stupidity!!

The fast moving truck didn’t actually do anything wrong at all other than perhaps not yeald to the idiot who’s obviously out for a some rock n roll [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

10 hours ago, Topdoc said:

Does look like it could be a road rage incident, van passing on oncoming shoulder, the fact that the truck in the collision was being passed by another truck indicates it was going pretty slow. It would be interesting to see how many vehicles were in the backup, not that it makes the van driver any less at fault. Any word on how many passengers or the extent of injuries? Feel bad for them if there were any.

10 hours ago, seajae said:

typical thai driver, indicate and think it means they have automatic right of way and can pull out in front of another car or simply cut them off, looks like they learned their lesson the hard way that they have to wait till the road is clear/safe for them to do so

Exactly. Also worth noting that the middle lane has no cars in for what looks like maybe a few hundred meters.

If the van driver wanted to pass / continue driving faster that the truck, there was nothing in the middle lane obstructing him as you see during and after the automotive gymnastics. A true moron.

1 hour ago, Lee4Life said:

Does look like it could be a road rage incident, van passing on oncoming shoulder, the fact that the truck in the collision was being passed by another truck indicates it was going pretty slow. It would be interesting to see how many vehicles were in the backup, not that it makes the van driver any less at fault. Any word on how many passengers or the extent of injuries? Feel bad for them if there were any.

Earlier posts suggest no passengers in van, plus van driver seems to have got off more or less scot free as far as injuries are concerned

A result which makes this good entertainment 

15 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Passing in the motorbike lane on the left, then trying to cut in front of a semi.  Nothing unusual here.

I remember seeing a full size bus doing the same manouver a few years back. Crazy. I eased back and let them sort it out. Luckily no accident.