Avana Hotel, Bangkok

Krub

Never actually been in but drive past it four times daily. it always strikes me as an odd place because of the 'Jesus loves you' written large on the side. The loves part is actually a red love heart. It seems slightly old and worn out.......................................

• 2 weeks later...

i know some people who have stayed there. really wayyyyyy out of the way in my opinion. i visited the friends one night and it was so far away i ended up having to crash with my friend! dont remember much the condition of the room...was big...a little bit old maybe, but still clean. i do remember the pool was quite big too...breakfast wasnt that impressive...maybe im fussy :o

location-wise i wouldnt recommend it...might seem near airport, but getting to airport from the bangna trad road is a bad idea.

I posted info on this hotel in another thread. I stayed there 2 weeks ago and found it nice and clean. As pointed out it’s a bit out of the way but close to the airport. The hotel is used by Bangkok Air pilots and there were a lot of teenaged American kids while I was there.

The rooms are reasonably new, big and clean. They supply free coffee, tea, pot noodles and ovaltine in the rooms. There’s a mini mart and laundry in the hotel along with coffee shop etc. The pool is clean. Traditional massage is available for 250b an hour or 400b for 2 hours.

The trip from the airport takes about 20 minutes and cost me about 60 baht in a public taxi. The hotel has a minivan that does the trip for 150B.

Secon is about 70 baht and 25 minutes in a taxi. On Nut BTS is about 30 minutes and 80b by taxi. Taxis are readily available at the hotel.

I’ll stay there again especially if I’m passing through town and need a hotel close to the airport.

Edited by Farma