Video: Millions view shocking school violence as teacher appears to attack student

webfact

30 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Whatever. 

You are a fighter for the undisciplined underachievers of this world. With a mamby pamby approach on how to deal with it that clearly is not working. 

I am a fighter for the high achievers and their rights being protected rather than being ignored all the time. I With a support of strict discipline including reasonable force, that may include a smack on the hand with a cane or ruler. Or fine have it your way and remove them from the school. 

I will agree to disagree. 

I have absolute discipline and respect in my class.

Within the boundaries of the teacher/pupil relationship, I show my students respect and treat them as I would wish to be treated.

Never had a student removed, never struck one.

My approach to discipline does not require violence.

But then again, I'm a teacher, not a thug.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I have absolute discipline and respect in my class.

Within the boundaries of the teacher/pupil relationship, I show my students respect and treat them as I would wish to be treated.

Never had a student removed, never struck one.

My approach to discipline does not require violence.

But then again, I'm a teacher, not a thug.

Yes and you have never taught a class of 40 teenage boys. So you should not comment on such things.  

24 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Yes and you have never taught a class of 40 teenage boys. So you should not comment on such things.  

I should .

I can.

I will.

And why?

Because I know it is wrong to strike a child.

It is equally wrong to defend any such violence.

46 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I should .

I can.

I will.

And why?

Because I know it is wrong to strike a child.

It is equally wrong to defend any such violence.

You might as well call it a day - you'll never get through to this one!'

19 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I'm a teacher...I can't help wanting to educate...

He he! "Never let it rest - 'til the good is better, then, the better's best". Best of luck then, but I don't give much for your chances of a conversion!

21 minutes ago, sambum said:

He he! "Never let it rest - 'til the good is better, then, the better's best". Best of luck then, but I don't give much for your chances of a conversion!

Well said, I will not be brainwashed by the insanity of it all. 

Thanks for the support sambum. 

45 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I'm a teacher...I can't help wanting to educate...

There was just a little student here today. Been punching teachers, won't come in the class. Abusing his poor mother. Nobody knows what to do. Thank goodness his father has sense. He got a long stick. No need to use it. That boy changed to be perfect in seconds. Sat  nicely, everyone had a great lesson. 

Well done dad. 

31 minutes ago, greenchair said:

There was just a little student here today. Been punching teachers, won't come in the class. Abusing his poor mother. Nobody knows what to do. Thank goodness his father has sense. He got a long stick. No need to use it. That boy changed to be perfect in seconds. Sat  nicely, everyone had a great lesson. 

Well done dad. 

Doesn't change a single thing I've said.

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

Well said, I will not be brainwashed by the insanity of it all. 

Thanks for the support sambum. 

Unbelievable  comment - I can't give you the type of support you need.

Edited by sambum

4 hours ago, greenchair said:

Bless, that's ok, just give me the support that you can. 

I know you do your best. 

I hope you get all the help and support you obviously need, but before the Mods do it:-

:post-4641-1156693976: and :offtopic:and :mfr_closed1:

Edited by sambum

On 11/13/2017 at 10:20 AM, HooHaa said:

Firstly hypocritic is not a word. 

Secondly, Students raped his daughter? Really? 

Dont you think that is a bit of a stretch?

Yes, my English sucks. Does it make my point of view weaker?

Rape was just an example. As crazy as it sounds - still possible.

On 11/13/2017 at 10:20 AM, HooHaa said:

Firstly hypocritic is not a word. 

Secondly, Students raped his daughter? Really? 

Dont you think that is a bit of a stretch?

Btw, I have just checked it on the internet and found out that "hypocritic" is a valid word (another form of "hypocritical"). Maybe you can explain to me why you consider it wrong? Do you have a problem with it's meaning? 

46 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

Btw, I have just checked it on the internet and found out that "hypocritic" is a valid word (another form of "hypocritical"). Maybe you can explain to me why you consider it wrong? Do you have a problem with it's meaning? 

if you want to argue 

48 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

ah yes, I see hypocritic was in common usage in the early 17 to 1800s, my bad indeed, i hadn't realized i was speaking to a man of your years. 

but your rape speculation is utterly ridiculous and that was the more to the point.

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

if you want to argue 

ah yes, I see hypocritic was in common usage in the early 17 to 1800s, my bad indeed, i hadn't realized i was speaking to a man of your years. 

but your rape speculation is utterly ridiculous and that was the more to the point.

You take that "rape" thing out of context. It was meant to be ridiculous to prove my point. It was my reply to the claim that a beating of the student by the teacher should not take place "under no circumstances". So I thought of a situation when it could actually happen (and even be justified). As ridiculous as it seems - it still can happen.

Some horror story from my Soviet childhood. I remember a father of one girl in my school coming to the school and fighting with several guys (the students) who mistreated his daughter. Thank God nobody was killed ;)

Edited by Zikomat

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎13 at 10:29 AM, greenchair said:

I can't make out all of it, but when the boy walks up to stop fight he clearly says bow bow. 

In thai language that means softly softly. Often used to tell someone to calm down or lighten up or stop yelling. The uniform also looks thai with the patch on the arm used on scout day. It could well be a Thai school. I think the teacher comes in at the end. I am wondering why everyone did not intervene and since everyone is sat there I am assuming the class is in session. Nowadays since teachers are not allowed to discipline children, the new tactic in Thailand is the teacher will get another kid to beat up the one they are angry with. 

It might be the case here. Very sorry to the small boy that was beaten. 

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I do wonder if the "it's Indonesian" narrative is just a diversionary tactic to protect the reputation of the school/teacher/nation... 

On 11/13/2017 at 9:29 AM, greenchair said:

I can't make out all of it, but when the boy walks up to stop fight he clearly says bow bow. 

In thai language that means softly softly. Often used to tell someone to calm down or lighten up or stop yelling. The uniform also looks thai with the patch on the arm used on scout day. It could well be a Thai school. I think the teacher comes in at the end. I am wondering why everyone did not intervene and since everyone is sat there I am assuming the class is in session. Nowadays since teachers are not allowed to discipline children, the new tactic in Thailand is the teacher will get another kid to beat up the one they are angry with. 

It might be the case here. Very sorry to the small boy that was beaten. 

I wasn't going to comment any further on this thread but really:-

"It could well be a Thai school."

"Have you not read the thread. It's been shown to be fake news It's not in Thailand, it's in some province of Malaysia."

It's make your mind up time, folks - GC  has obviously done a U turn

Edited by sambum