webfact

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Germans demand Brexit is delayed til 2020: Five 'wise men' economists tell Merkel to DELAY

BRUSSELS should delay Brexit talks until after the March 2019 deadline to save Europe’s economy from catastrophe, advisers to Angela Merkel have demanded.         http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/877354/Brexit-News-Angela-Merkel-EU-UK-Germany-Theresa-May-Jacob-Rees-Mogg-Europe-economy

Tell the Germans to shove it.

Edited by Rally123

8 minutes ago, oilinki said:

So, you say it's only up to any specific country to stay within EU, after they have started the 2 year exit process already?

The EU and all the member countries does not have a say against the country gone rogue?

It's been stated several times by Tusk, Macron and Merkel. The grownups!

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It's been stated several times by Tusk, Macron and Merkel. The grownups!

They don't hold all the power of EU, as you know. 

It's likely that UK is able get it's status as EU member back, if UK changes it's mind. It's also likely that UK will lose some of it's extra benefits when doing so. 

One could be losing the beloved currency, the pound. 

Just now, oilinki said:

It's likely that UK is able get it's status as EU member back, if UK changes it's mind. It's also likely that UK will lose some of it's extra benefits when doing so. 

I think the grownups would smile upon the prodigal!

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Tell me this.  If the EU is so gracious and great, and they believe a harmonised Europe is best for peace, and that we should all prosper; why would they be so keen to punish the UK for leaving the union? Why would they not want to retain a good partnership with the UK?

If the union is so great, and the people running it are so wonderful, why would they be so spiteful? Why would they not show some compassion or some empathy? 

If they are so great, why would they want to hurt the 48% of UK citizens who voted to remain in the union?

And don't tell me they want to punish the UK as a warning to other nations not to leave the union.  Because that would make them dictatorial.

Sound like you don't really understand international trade. The EU has to treat the UK as an outsider with different tariffs than the member states. If the UK had same trade rights as a member state, the UK could in parallel negotiate other trade deals with 3 party countries, say China, and bypass EU trade deals.

China could then bypass EU restrictive trade deals through the UK and flood the EU. It could simply not work in practice.

12 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Comr on, be serious. Stop trolling. 

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

A wonderful example of doublethink. On the one hand, Brexiteers generally claim that Germany is profiting enormously from the eu at the expense of other nations including the UK. On the other hand despite this enormous benefit Germany won't fork over extra money to keep the tremendous advantage they derive. Even if your 10 billion figure is correct (and it's higher than what I found) that would amount to less than 1 percent of the German budget. And this is assuming Germany takes responsibility for payment of the entire amount.

The delusion is from yourself. Estimates are that Merkel will have to increase the German spend to it's maximum legal limit on on Green and Left projects in order to form a coalition (unless she wants to go into a coalition with the Far Right, of course :laugh:). There is no EU bail out money coming from Germany, and none of the other member states had any spare money to start with.

11 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I think the grownups would smile upon the prodigal!

You started to use big words! Is that the sign that I'm not allowed to ridicule your government, more than you do?

I'm perfectly ok with the work you do, keeping your government in it's place. However this Brexit thing was not handled so well. 

I thought you needed a bit of extra help. After all, you already lost this fight on Brexit. I have no idea, why the fuuuck that happened, but it did. 

Is there a way we, the grownups, could help you?

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

You failed to answer my simple question. Please try again.

And yes, UK has benefited significantly by being a member of EU. 

Wait no more. EU will take away UK's mighty banking sector as it does no longer belong to the EU economy. We'll take away your car manufacturing jobs as well and bring those jobs back to EU.

Because, why not?

Strong UK is not a problem for EU. But if UK is a competitor and wishes to gain benefits from EU, well.. we are not in the business of supporting monetarily well off outside countries like UK. Why should we be?

Contingency plans are already in place, ita already wudely know that the banking sector will be staying in London. As car manufacturers in the UK are mostly Japaneese owned that have alresdy stated they will be staying in the ??. It really does show how dilusional and mis informed remainers are. 

52 minutes ago, Grouse said:

What utter codswallop! Why are other EU countries so much nicer, so egalitarian so civilised. You're blaming the wrong target for the undoubted UK ills.

Low rent was meant figuratively ( crap if you like) not literally!!

So the UK isnt nice or civilised....I suggest you look closer at European countries if compsing the UK..... Spain is a good example of the human rights issues recently, France, Belgium and Greece remind me more of Mogadishu... 

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

Contingency plans are already in place, ita already wudely know that the banking sector will be staying in London. As car manufacturers in the UK are mostly Japaneese owned that have alresdy stated they will be staying in the ??. It really does show how dilusional and mis informed remainers are. 

You still failed to answer my simple question. Please do better next time.

Why the Japanese car manufacturing companies, whose whole purpose to make cars within EU, would stay in UK?

That is not logical in business sense. 

I'm sorry but you are going to lose those jobs. You are going to lose the taxes those workers pay. But what do you care as you are going to get under anyway? 

It's the future generations, which you should be worried about.

I'm happy. We on the EU side are going to be better off, because there were the old geezers like you, who broke the common treaty.

12 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Are you, once again, on of the Russian trolls whose sole purpose is to create distrust between western world?

Are you one of those accounts as you really sound like one. 

5 minutes ago, oilinki said:

You still failed to answer my simple question. Please do better next time.

Why the Japanese car manufacturing companies, whose whole purpose to make cars within EU, would stay in UK?

That is not logical in business sense. 

I'm sorry but you are going to lose those jobs. You are going to lose the taxes those workers pay. But what do you care as you are going to get under anyway? 

It's the future generations, which you should be worried about.

I'm happy. We on the EU side are going to be better off, because there were the old geezers like you, who broke the common treaty.

They have already stated they will stay in the UK. German car manufacturers are pooing there pants st the thought of loosing the UK exports. Considering UK contributes10 times what Finland pays, I see your concerns, sorry its a done deal. UK is leaving

25 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

The delusion is from yourself. Estimates are that Merkel will have to increase the German spend to it's maximum legal limit on on Green and Left projects in order to form a coalition (unless she wants to go into a coalition with the Far Right, of course :laugh:). There is no EU bail out money coming from Germany, and none of the other member states had any spare money to start with.

Do you have ANY idea how big Germany's surplus is?

If you think the loss of the UK contribution will make a damn of difference, you are deluding yourself! Mind you, they're not going to cut the UK any slack!

The upside of Brexit had better be bloody huge!

29 minutes ago, oilinki said:

You started to use big words! Is that the sign that I'm not allowed to ridicule your government, more than you do?

I'm perfectly ok with the work you do, keeping your government in it's place. However this Brexit thing was not handled so well. 

I thought you needed a bit of extra help. After all, you already lost this fight on Brexit. I have no idea, why the fuuuck that happened, but it did. 

Is there a way we, the grownups, could help you?

I do hope so! All hands to the pumps!

31 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Japanese car manufacturers have already invested massively in plant partly because we are in the EU, speak English and have good services.

They have been promised a deal in secret by the Cons. Who's going to pay? Guess?

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ignoring your pointless "Little Britain" comment, I have an answer to this. How about giving the UK a good trade deal to maintain the same level of prosperity for all member nations?

I suspect the EU are willing to cut their nose off to spite their face.

You mean so that the UK gets all the benefits of being in the EU but incurs none of the obligations?

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I do hope so! All hands to the pumps!

I don't think we want to be separated by the thoughts of Russian trolls like baansgr

Those are the accounts who made the difference in Brexit vote. Those are the accounts who wish to divide the western way of thinking. 

26 minutes ago, baansgr said:

So the UK isnt nice or civilised....I suggest you look closer at European countries if compsing the UK..... Spain is a good example of the human rights issues recently, France, Belgium and Greece remind me more of Mogadishu... 

Dear me

You really should get out more

Inequality in the UK is gross

Have you spent much time in Northern Europe? Recommended!

Much fairer and nicer and great social devices.

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Japanese car manufacturers have already invested massively in plant partly because we are in the EU, speak English and have good services.

They have been promised a deal in secret by the Cons. Who's going to pay? Guess?

Its been openly publicised, wheres the secret deal??? 

Just now, Grouse said:

Dear me

You really should get out more

Inequality in the UK is gross

Have you spent much time in Northern Europe? Recommended!

Much fairer and nicer and great social devices.

If its that great, why have over 3million decided to go to the UK.... Dont really need to answer as its obvious as everyone with an ounce of sense knows

16 minutes ago, baansgr said:

They have already stated they will stay in the UK. German car manufacturers are pooing there pants st the thought of loosing the UK exports. Considering UK contributes10 times what Finland pays, I see your concerns, sorry its a done deal. UK is leaving

Don't be ridiculous

BMW, Merc and Audi imports aren't going to stop because of 10% Duty. However the reverse is not true.

Finland's a great place by the way. They should organise education in the UK! Far superior!

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

What utter codswallop! Why are other EU countries so much nicer, so egalitarian so civilised. You're blaming the wrong target for the undoubted UK ills.

Low rent was meant figuratively ( crap if you like) not literally!!

A much higher percentage of conservatives than labour voted for Brexit. Income inequality, rising tuition rates, slashing the NHS, reducing taxes sharply on the wealthy. all these are conservative moves that have hurt working class and middle class Britons. Yet instead of recognizing this, lots of voters blame the EU.

2 minutes ago, baansgr said:

If its that great, why have over 3million decided to go to the UK.... Dont really need to answer as its obvious as everyone with an ounce of sense knows

The UK USED to be a friendly place AND the pound was strong

Now we have been tainted by a nasty xenophobic side

The pound is also very weak.

As you must be aware applications by European nurses are down 90% and levers up 60%. 

Dont know about vegetable pickers. Are they pricing us out?