95 ‘illegal aliens’ arrested in Phuket in three days

webfact

45 minutes ago, Lokie said:

Looking at the arrest figures in report link seems Kamala Cop Shop has been milking it over the last 12 months, theres gonna be a few sideways moves methinks?

Those higher up in the food chain will need to find replacements that are more competent, with the skills to carry on without being caught.

no countries names are given in the original report yet pseudo Dr Dave mentions country and number. Don't use figment of your imagination about Egypt and other nations to show your kind to be the honest one. Thai

VISA PLS FOLLOW UP HIS COMMENT 

6 minutes ago, sadinc said:

no countries names are given in the original report yet pseudo Dr Dave mentions country and number. Don't use figment of your imagination about Egypt and other nations to show your kind to be the honest one. Thai

Try reading the linked articles before making idiot statements.

12 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Another newspaper mentioned payments of 100 million baht A MONTH going around to avoid being arrested. 

Thats quite some money they are willing to spend to avoid visa runs. I know sitting in a van to the border sucks, but you can also just fly first class (or in a private jet) and still save a ton of money.

Huh? How   do  you  know   sitting  in a   van to  the  border  sucks? And  how  does   flying   first class (?) ( Is  there  such a  thing? )  or  in a  private   jet  save a  ton of money?

If  a   million   baht   was  involved  for  protection   it  is   most likely  paid   by  the  profiteering /blackmailing /extortonistic slaver,  not  the pauper individuals  arrested!

I cant help but think this cracking down on illegal aliens is mostly whats wrong with the thai econemy.

Had the numsculls left it as was before all the crack downs there would be millions of  labourers still in thailand to do the work thais dont do.

And millions more western tourists droping there savings.

But looks like phukets stuck with a tunnel in chalong taking 5 years to build and swarms of low budget chinese crowding the roads in buses and mini vans.

And now a few less tailors too.

1 minute ago, quadperfect said:

I cant help but think this cracking down on illegal aliens is mostly whats wrong with the thai econemy.

Had the numsculls left it as was before all the crack downs there would be millions of  labourers still in thailand to do the work thais dont do.

But looks like phukets stuck with a tunnel in chalong taking 5 years to build and swarms of low budget chinese crowding the roads in buses and mini vans.

Hmmm.  

Take   look  at  a  different  angle.

Non  Thai  labour  is  here  to   extract/export    as  much  income   as   can  be.

Once  extracted  it   cannot  be  subject  to   tax.

The  removal  of  illegal  labour   creates  a  demand  for  internal . To   attract  it  comes  at a  higher  cost.  But  that   cost    is   within  the  internal  economy.  And    that  inflates    costs.  That  inflation  increases  the  VAT   derived.

The   loss  of  tailors   and  the  increase  in  the  number   of low  budget   onlookers   who  even as  such   must  spend  minimal Baht   can  wait   for  a  tunnel as  they  spend  it.

The  only   question  is   as to  the true intent  rather  than  the  stated. 

3 hours ago, sadinc said:

Huh???

Where did I mention any numbers, or anything about Egypt in my post?

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.

And another Gazette report that says two Phuket Police Chiefs have been moved to Surat suspected of taking bribes from entertainment venues.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/former-patong-police-chief-deputy-chief-transferred-to-surat-thani-64652.php#FLOgXRWuC5SHwQVr.97

(cross thread link, have a look)

Time to sweep house?

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

13 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Huh? How   do  you  know   sitting  in a   van to  the  border  sucks? And  how  does   flying   first class (?) ( Is  there  such a  thing? )  or  in a  private   jet  save a  ton of money?

If  a   million   baht   was  involved  for  protection   it  is   most likely  paid   by  the  profiteering /blackmailing /extortonistic slaver,  not  the pauper individuals  arrested!

You are really honoring your username. I cant even be bothered to answer your questions as i suspect you didnt read well or are just trolling.

15 hours ago, quadperfect said:

It has more to do with the instability and not being able to plan for the future.  Until the government is transitioned back to a reasonable democratic government -- there will be an unease that all that is being done is putting a plug on the top of a boiling bottle.  Foreign businesses will continue to make contingency plans which will include diversifying a little if they are too dependent on Thailand.  Additionally, the EU is going to be much less forgiving about issues such as human trafficking -- which sort of boxes in Thailand a little more.  Do nothing and there is a good chance of sanctions which would end up being more damaging.   The other issue with illegal immigration is that the immigrants have absolutely no rights and are at the whim of their employers and will be exploited in many cases (in some cases charging for accommodations etc. - more than what they pay which puts the illegal immigrant in a slave labour type of position.  

• 2 weeks later...