Giving birth in Thailand, and what gonna happened if cannot pay the hospital fee ?

Danielsiam

Mrs NL recently dropped our latest in the army hospital in Udon. Normal birth with no complications, included 3 days & 2 nights in a private ward with a spare bed and cost a little over 9000 baht. There was a rebate for something, claimed back at some government office that knocked the actual price down to around around 8750 baht. A fellow elbow-bender's wife dropped their latest a few weeks earlier at the same hospital, c-section, no complications, extra day or two stay and their bill was around 30k baht. Most of both bills is actually the private room fee so I think a huge price break can be had if the OP opts for a public ward and avoids being pressured for a private ward (although it's really nice, think 4-star hotel).

Hello Dario, thanks at least have some human people here, instead of some sarcastic without once of humanity.

I am located in Lat Krabang BKK. I saw list of Thai hospital like Siriraj, Ramkhameng, but it's not government hospital ?! I see on the website some reviews they make it need to pay around 30,000 the minimum for a classic delivery.

I wish to find a Govt Hospital ! thx! :)
[/quote

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Thailand

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you don't work, why don't you go live in the Philippines with her? Much easier visa too.

Believe this is a valid question (although do not know his nationality so his visa might be an issue) - especially as neither seems to have good Thai language ability.  It is not that hard to depart the PI again if reasons for leaving are valid and you are with her and would have no problem if married.  

Although my first impression was he intended to marry and return to his home country but that being held up due to lack of his birth certificate (have no idea why that is required for marriage unless by his Embassy).  But admit OP was not completely understandable to me.

The doctor will tell her she needs a caesarean section. For some reason thai doctors cannot bare the thought of natural birth. 

This is why they give the price of 50 to 60000 baht. There are many complications that arise from caesarean so that's why they warn you. Caesarean is usually decided as a last resort in an emergency .if the doctor is saying caesarean prices before she even is in labour, this means it is standard practice at the hospital and done to get profit. 

A natural birth at a government hospital will cost a few thousand baht. It's better for the child and the mother. Some doctors in Thailand have never attended a natural birth. 

I would shop around before deciding hospital and let them know you are poor. 

Hospitals I find suitable and dont overcharge are. 

Saint Lois. 

Chublakorn. 

Sirilat  ( sometimes )my daughter birthed there. The doctor allowed a natural birth cost almost nothing. 

Son and wife ordered to do caesarean section, please bring 60000. Doctor scared them with horror stories. 

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

It is not that hard to depart the PI again if reasons for leaving are valid and you are with her and would have no problem if married.  

...so says someone who hasn't tried to export a single Filipina. Since the OP's partner has already run that gauntlet, claiming she'll be back in a couple of months and 'done a runner', they will now never trust her again, so not an option unless they want to make a go of things in PI which by their actions, isn't their plan.

Mind you, spontaneous pregnancy wasn't in their plan either so best to try and help them the best way we can. 

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

...so says someone who hasn't tried to export a single Filipina. Since the OP's partner has already run that gauntlet, claiming she'll be back in a couple of months and 'done a runner', they will now never trust her again, so not an option unless they want to make a go of things in PI which by their actions, isn't their plan.

Mind you, spontaneous pregnancy wasn't in their plan either so best to try and help them the best way we can. 

I've taken my Filippina GF (of 7.5 years) out of the Philippines many (approx 20) times and the last time (7th October) I did have to sign an affidavit saying I would be responsible for her & wouldn't allow her to become a burden on the country she was visiting but I think this was because the last time she accompanied me out of the PI was November 2015 & she ended up spending 9 months travelling & staying with me in Singapore - She's heading back to visit her Family on the 22nd November (originally planned to go back on 11th October but I managed to get some time off work to travel to Vietnam) so we'll see what happens when she leaves the PI with me again after Christmas. 

It has got even stricter recently with lots of her friends [All departing via Davao] saying that their partners had to sign the same form, but by the same token, I know of 2 Filipinas who went on trips to Thailand [Each travelling on her own & departing from manila] with no questions/problems.

OP: You're unlikely to have any problems with your GF leaving the PI again, especially if you're married or have plans to do so (and if you do have plans, PI is one of the cheapest places to get married).

Edited by LostinSEA
spelling

17 hours ago, Katia said:

I didn't read it as "they will be here for two weeks" but "they left the Philippines saying it would be only two weeks and it has been well more, so if she goes back now, Immigration will never believe another word they say"?

So stay 2 weeks, immigration won't believe them ....but stay much more than the time they said they'd be away and immigration will beleive them.....Maybe it makes sense to you?

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

She would probably have gotton subsidised treatment through the Thai healthcare system then , the Woman in question isnt Thai and therefore will not receive a subsidy 

Ok learn something new every day. Thankyou

Danielsiam

Seems to me you are not getting much help

I understand the return to phillipines difficult 

Remember generally child birth is reasonably easy if your wife is young and fit

Seems to me you maybe need to seek out help of small local hospital, government of course, and ask them for help and advice

Stay positive there are many caring nurses, and it is a midwife you need not a high tech brain surgeon 

Good luck

6 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

So stay 2 weeks, immigration won't believe them ....but stay much more than the time they said they'd be away and immigration will beleive them.....Maybe it makes sense to you?

Makes no sense to me.  That's what I mean.  To me it looks like he's saying that when she left the Philippines, they signed paperwork saying she would only be gone for two weeks, but I got the impression she's been out of the Philippines for longer than that, so he's afraid if she goes back now, they will never let her leave again. I could be reading his posts incorrectly and maybe she/they has/have indeed only been here less than two weeks, but I thought it sounded like both were living here, rather than her coming just to give birth.

On 13/11/2017 at 2:01 PM, Time Traveller said:

hahaha...Good luck with giving birth and trying to arrange the paperwork and passport for her new born to leave Thailand within 2 weeks !

You should try reading the comment again..

He actually said they were ‘leaving the Philippines for 2 WEEKS to go to Thailand’.