Quiet island for five young girls.

FarmerJoe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, crutchy26 said:

Don't need an island. Go down to Chanthaburi area. Family was there 3 weeks ago. No-one there!!!! Peaceful, quiet and beautiful beaches. All mod cons.

I know Chanthaburi perfectly and this is not what I or anybody else would call beautiful beaches.

And this is of course not what people who travel here are looking for.

Koh Phanghan is obviously the best choice for the girls.

Ko Kood. Ko Mak is also nice but has a sand fly problem. Ko Chang is a big island so there are quiet places to stay there.

What would be more helpful would be budget. Also they may want quiet but they might not want to be somewhere that their only options are eating, sunbathing and swimming.

2 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

I know Chanthaburi perfectly and this is not what I or anybody else would call beautiful beaches.

And this is of course not what people who travel here are looking for.

Koh Phanghan is obviously the best choice for the girls.

I've been to almost every beach in Thailand.  Seriously.  Chantaburi beaches aren't perfect, but they are OK.  And cheap.  Not a bad way to go.

Koh Phanghan is a horrible recommendation for somebody with young girls.  Or anybody unless you try to time it between full moon parties.  When the island is awash with nuts.

Wow! Thanks everyone for your replies and input. The girls will be on a budget, since they are still in school and will be traveling around southeast Asia for just 3 weeks. I have been to Koh Chang and Koh Phangnan and I thought they were ok with budget accommodation and getting around. I warned them about motorbikes and not having insurance to cover accidents on them. Phuket is too expensive and I would never recommend Koh Tao. I'll pass on the top five destinations to them and let them do a little research and let them decide. Thanks again for your help and to Rimmer for removing any smartass replies.

16 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You've already had posts removed.  Phuket is a great place to visit. 

I do not this that it is your business. But yes, Phuket is a great place with great beaches and friendly locals, everybody knows ! No bad report anywhere about Phuket, you can only be right !

16 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I've been to almost every beach in Thailand.  Seriously.  Chantaburi beaches aren't perfect, but they are OK.  And cheap.  Not a bad way to go.

Koh Phanghan is a horrible recommendation for somebody with young girls.  Or anybody unless you try to time it between full moon parties.  When the island is awash with nuts.

Seems like you are an expert... who doesn't even know how some KPG beaches are very quiet even during full moon ! And some of the best beaches in whole Thailand. Funny people.

11 minutes ago, EcigAmateur said:

Seems like you are an expert... who doesn't even know how some KPG beaches are very quiet even during full moon ! And some of the best beaches in whole Thailand. Funny people.

I've been to KPG between FMPs.  They were having half moon, quarter moon, and just any moon parties almost every night of the week.  There are a few good beaches there.  But similar and even better beaches elsewhere.  Yes, funny people.

i've only been to samui and phuket, which don't really fit the true definition of 'quiet island'.  however, on the island of phuket, there are some beaches that might work for them.  as noted already, kamala and kata/kata noi.  there is also nai harn (which i think is the best on phuket).   if they stay walking distance to those beaches, it can still have a 'quiet' feel. 

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I've been to KPG between FMPs.  They were having half moon, quarter moon, and just any moon parties almost every night of the week.  There are a few good beaches there.  But similar and even better beaches elsewhere.  Yes, funny people.

Yes, funny people, tell me where as you seems to be a real expert, the ones I love the most <3

On 11/13/2017 at 5:47 AM, khunPer said:

Sounds like a good option, without being too remote. Also remember to check usual weather conditions on the chosen island compared to travel period.

And by the way, the Full Moon Party island also have beautiful remote, and very quiet Bounty-island-style-coconut-palm-beaches far away from any party zone, for example take a look at Thong Nai Pan Yai and Thong Nai Pan Lek...:smile:

Yep. I agree with Thong Nai Pan Yai. 

Its been 12 years since i stayed there but if i was to return to the island, i would be staying at this beach.

I remember the journey from the port to the beach standing on the back of songthaew type pick up was very enjoyable and scenic. 

3 hours ago, irishken said:

Yep. I agree with Thong Nai Pan Yai. 

Its been 12 years since i stayed there but if i was to return to the island, i would be staying at this beach.

I remember the journey from the port to the beach standing on the back of songthaew type pick up was very enjoyable and scenic. 

We stayed there and hatred it. Various all night parties up and down the beach. Long tail boats going in and out all the time. Seemed like many of the locals were into some dodgy stuff.

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

We stayed there and hatred it. Various all night parties up and down the beach. Long tail boats going in and out all the time. Seemed like many of the locals were into some dodgy stuff.

As i said it was 12 years ago so perhaps things have changed. It was very quiet then and from what i can remember not much night life and i cannot really remember seeing any dodgy stuff, although in saying that i've seen it on most of the other islands i've visited so maybe it just went over my head.

Islands with no police presence and dodgy locals usually go hand in hand in Thailand. 

What i can remember is lots of stray dogs on the beach. 

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Good to confirm that you do not know what you are talking about. Only Tog nai pan NOI has too many boats because of big resorts. Tong nai pan YAI has almost no boats except few fishermen and jetski are also not allowed by the resort owners.

Still waiting that experts here tell me where it's better.

Ah yes, maybe almost as good, Koh Lipe 15 years ago before rats invaded the island.

14 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Don't stay at Haad Rin, if your're not Moon-partying...:whistling:

7 hours ago, irishken said:

As i said it was 12 years ago so perhaps things have changed. It was very quiet then and from what i can remember not much night life and i cannot really remember seeing any dodgy stuff, although in saying that i've seen it on most of the other islands i've visited so maybe it just went over my head.

Islands with no police presence and dodgy locals usually go hand in hand in Thailand. 

What i can remember is lots of stray dogs on the beach. 

It was about 10 years ago.  Far from Quiet.  Each resort got a crack at an all night party one night a week.  Sadly, our first night was at the resort we were in.  I went out at 3am to ask them to turn it down. The "DJ" offered me drugs and the 5 people sitting there were totally out of it.  It was super bizarre.  We left the next day.

I met a KPN local on the mainland when I rented a scooter there.  He'd moved due to the "mafia" on KPN and the intense presence of drugs. 

6 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

Good to confirm that you do not know what you are talking about. Only Tog nai pan NOI has too many boats because of big resorts. Tong nai pan YAI has almost no boats except few fishermen and jetski are also not allowed by the resort owners.

Still waiting that experts here tell me where it's better.

Ah yes, maybe almost as good, Koh Lipe 15 years ago before rats invaded the island.

Please pay attention and read my posts properly.  I said Tong Nai Pan.  The sound of the long tails reverberated across the mountains all day.  And swimming in and around them was no fun.

7 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Please pay attention and read my posts properly.  I said Tong Nai Pan.  The sound of the long tails reverberated across the mountains all day.  And swimming in and around them was no fun.

An emoticon not being enough to express how much I am laughing, that I have to write it <3

5555555555555555555555555+

8 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

There are two Thong Nai Pan-beaches, and they are slightly different – "Yai" is famous for being extremely quiet, which it also was both 10 and 12 years ago – but there are several other options, which this video shows; however disregard Haad Rin Sunrise Beach, as that is the party beach...:smile:

3 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Does it need to be an Island.

I really enjoyed this beach in Chumpon.

I have been there, not bad, even if it doesn't have the same feel at islands, but anyway there are no bungalows ON THE SAND at your beach. And for me going to the beach for not sleeping in a bungalow on the sand or on the sea, is the most ridiculous thing that people do.

But yes, not bad for the day if people cannot find a proper place to sleep.

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

There are two Thong Nai Pan-beaches, and they are slightly different – "Yai" is famous for being extremely quiet, which it also was both 10 and 12 years ago – but there are several other options, which this video shows; however disregard Haad Rin Sunrise Beach, as that is the party beach...:smile:

Thank you for your confirmation.

Thong nai pan YAI was perfectly quiet 5 years ago, 10 years, 12 years ago, and 15 years ago !

13 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

I have been there, not bad, even if it doesn't have the same feel at islands, but anyway there are no bungalows ON THE SAND at your beach. And for me going to the beach for not sleeping in a bungalow on the sand or on the sea, is the most ridiculous thing that people do.

But yes, not bad for the day if people cannot find a proper place to sleep.

There are hotels with rooms right on the sand.  And they are quite nice.

1 hour ago, EcigAmateur said:

This is wrong. Why do you keep lying or talking about what you don't know ? Everybody in this thread can confirm how wrong it is.

I was there.  I saw them.  Go to Google Maps and you'll see rooms right on the beach.  Be nice and don't call me a liar.

• 2 weeks later...