Video: Public outrage as shocking footage shows security man dragged under the wheels of doctor's car

snoop1130

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they killed this post to erase the video.  The car bonnet is clearly crumpled which means the collision was at speed.  The normal thing to do is to stop the car engine, engage hand-break, get out of the car to inspect what had just happened. None of that happened. Instead, the driver drove forward over the body of the security guard - something that is difficult to explain - except if you Think like one of them... At this point - I will hold my tongue (fingers?).

On 11/14/2017 at 8:36 PM, Bluespunk said:

I think you may be missing the point on what the rule of law means.

You can't have one law for the poor who can't pay and another for the rich who can.

Well, you can but where it does happen it would be incorrect to say there is rule of law...

What about Finland where traffic fines are based on your income?

8 minutes ago, hobz said:

Because you think the ultra rich should be allowed to drive however they want because for them the fines are pennies?

No, because I think the law should be equally applied to all irrespective of wealth, status, faith , ethnicity and gender [and any other section/sub set of society you wish to include.]

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No, because I think the law should be equally applied to all irrespective of wealth, status, faith , ethnicity and gender [and any other section/sub set of society you wish to include.]

fines work as deterrents. Economic disincentives if you will. 

Different people require different amounts to work as a deterrent.

I see your point of view too. Unfair. Same with tax brackets etc.

32 minutes ago, hobz said:

fines work as deterrents. Economic disincentives if you will. 

Different people require different amounts to work as a deterrent.

I see your point of view too. Unfair. Same with tax brackets etc.

The law has to be above all that. 

It can’t take into account wealth or the rich will always buy their way out of trouble.  

If one one wants to get at the rich, I’d follow the alleged maxim of Denis Healy who  may or may not (he always denied it)have promised to “squeeze them until the pips squeak”. 

Shame he didn’t in the end. 

Edited by Bluespunk

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Age as well?  a 12year old is as culpable as a 30 year old?. 

The poor , black , illiterate gay man who  kills his abuser deserves the same penalty as the rich, white straight man who kills a transgender because of homophobia?  I doubt you would agree with that, yet both have commited murder.  

Isn t justice the real desire of the law?  

28 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Age as well?  a 12year old is as culpable as a 30 year old?. 

The poor , black , illiterate gay man who  kills his abuser deserves the same penalty as the rich, white straight man who kills a transgender because of homophobia?  I doubt you would agree with that, yet both have commited murder.  

Isn t justice the real desire of the law?  

Try to keep on topic or if jumping in on a debate between two people, try not to derail with trolling comments. 

The law should apply to all with no regard to wealth, ok. 

26 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Try to keep on topic or if jumping in on a debate between two people, try not to derail with trolling comments. 

The law should apply to all with no regard to wealth, ok. 

i disa gree.  To fine a billionaire $150 for speeding is far less of a punishment than firning the same to a minimum wage.

If the law were to applied to all as you indicate below mercy  would have no place in the justice system.

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Hardly trolling if I ask if a child should be judged the same as an adult.  The law needs to be organic and reflective of society.  My example of two murderers shows there is no one size fits all solution to justice.  

6 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

i disa gree.  To fine a billionaire $150 for speeding is far less of a punishment than firning the same to a minimum wage.

If the law were to applied to all as you indicate below mercy  would have no place in the justice system.

Hardly trolling if I ask if a child should be judged the same as an adult.  The law needs to be organic and reflective of society.  My example of two murderers shows there is no one size fits all solution to justice.  

You are trolling with your off topic nonsense in dragging children into this.

The topic in hand has nothing to do with children, who fall under a branch of the law dealing with...children. 

This is branch of the law deals with them all equally, irrespective of wealth, status, gender, faith, ethnicity age or any other non relevant factor you would throw in. 

As it should be. 

Justice should be applied according to the law and circumstances of the crime, not wealth.

You are deliberately trying to obscure this point with your scenarios that have no relevance to the topic. 

Got it now? 

Edited by Bluespunk

19 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You are trolling with your off topic nonsense in dragging children into this.

The topic in hand has nothing to do with children, who fall under a branch of the law dealing with...children. 

This is branch of the law deals with them all equally, irrespective of wealth, status, gender, faith, ethnicity age or any other non relevant factor you would throw in. 

As it should be. 

Justice should be applied according to the law and circumstances of the crime, not wealth.

You are deliberately trying to obscure this point with your scenarios that have no relevance to the topic. 

Got it now? 

Yes , the topic is "video-public-outrage-as-shocking-footage-shows-security-man-dragged-under-the-wheels-of-doctors-car", I can see how it pertains directly to your post demanding that justice be applied without regard to wealth.  When you share your wisdom it is a gift to us all. When other's express their opinion or question you on yours, they are trolls. Ironic that a man who demands tolerance of his lifestyle has no tolerance for dissent from his opinion.

Fines like taxes should be indexed to income or wealth in order to be fair, otherwise the poor are continually subjegated by society.  Got it now?

1 minute ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Yes , the topic is "video-public-outrage-as-shocking-footage-shows-security-man-dragged-under-the-wheels-of-doctors-car", I can see how it pertains directly to your post demanding that justice be applied without regard to wealth.  When you share your wisdom it is a gift to us all. When other's express their opinion or question you on yours, they are trolls. Ironic that a man who demands tolerance of his lifestyle has no tolerance for dissent from his opinion.

Fines like taxes should be indexed to income or wealth in order to be fair, otherwise the poor are continually subjegated by society.  Got it now?

You are trolling because of your deliberate attempts to derail. Not because I disagree with your “thinking”. 

The law has to apply to all equally. Wealth cannot be a factor. 

Got that?

On 11/13/2017 at 9:53 PM, Enoon said:

Perhaps when Thailand receives it's medal for being overall No 1 in road deaths it will also receive the sub-award of being "No 1 for hit and run"?

How bout just- No#1 for IRRESPONSIBILITY.

3 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Got that?   Yes, It's your opinion. It doesn t make it true.  The difference between you and Queen Elisabeth 2 is sshe can make laws and has an heir. Otherwise your both just aging quee.....

Ah, personal abuse...

Edited by Bluespunk

thank his Buddha he is recovering, but will not be the same medically and mentally.

as for bluespunk deliberitaly provokeing fellow members with his insinuations and

constantly suggesting they are off topic hopeing the mods will ban them. he will not

except he is wrong, you say black he says white.

1 minute ago, oldgent said:

thank his Buddha he is recovering, but will not be the same medically and mentally.

as for bluespunk deliberitaly provokeing fellow members with his insinuations and

constantly suggesting they are off topic hopeing the mods will ban them. he will not

except he is wrong, you say black he says white.

Yawn...