November 13, 20178 yr Hi all, Is it possible to negotiate the price (paid in full)? Or is it pretty list price only here in Thailand (for Toyota or Honda)?
November 14, 20178 yr Seems it's pretty much list price but you can get most times insurance and extra's tint's ETC for free. Saying that I got 35th off the price and all the extras +++ for free. That was offered not negotiated for, but then again the lump was 1.7 Mil:
November 14, 20178 yr I do not know paying in full. My experience is financing the car (Honda, BRV SV, 25% down-payment). Other than the standard extras (promoted interested rate, free first class insurance free for one year, rain guard, cheap tinted window film (which I did not want it and sales took another 3,000 baht off the total price) ), one dealer lowered MSRP for 20,000 baht. The other dealer didn't want to lower at all. Of course, the one who lowered the price got my business.
November 14, 20178 yr Once you choose the model, you should shop around and get quotes from them in writing. Things they usually give:- some cash discount ( I've seen up to 50k)- free 1st class insurance for the 1st year- red license plate cost- car decoration (up to you, film etc)- full tank of diesel- sometimes they offer some gadgets like tablet.Once you have the quote, you simply go to the next dealer get a better quote until you are happy. There is usually quite a lot room for getting a lot extras.Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
November 15, 20178 yr A lot of the sales folks in dealers here are often reluctant to discount for cash and seem to much prefer credit of some sort, perhaps as they gain more commission on this, I've experienced this quite a lot, in fact I've often wondered if you went higher up the chain and spoke with the manager or better still owner, if they would give a descent discount for cash, be interested to know how you go on. Regarding the 'freebies' they offer, aside from the registration and insurance, then I always decline the rest, as I hate window tint for example, there is never an offer of a cash discount for not taking their offer!
November 15, 20178 yr When you decide on the car you want go to a dealership and ask them what is on offer for cash....simple. Then go to another dealership asking the same....and again......play one off against the other until you are satisfied its the best you may get..... that is exactly what I did last year. Some manufacturers/dealers will offer little or nothing......I got an excellent deal with Nissan. Well pleased with the car AND afterservice....
November 16, 20178 yr Depends on the car maker. Honda wont bend on price much. They will offer freebies instead. Mazda are very bendable tho, 30k+ discounts are easy Edited November 16, 20178 yr by Will E Vormer
November 16, 20178 yr The major brands usually have some sort of price incentive during the cars-shows at Impact or BITEC. We just happen to be buying at that time and got 20,000 off the list price + floor-mats, 12 month insurance, tinted film for the windows and some other small add ons.
November 16, 20178 yr Just bought a Honda Civic, at first dealer wouldn’t throw us a discount, but first class insurance 1 year + 4,000 baht credit for fuel, tints.....missus demanded free spoilers n skirt too....dealer eventually gave. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
November 17, 20178 yr You can definitely get a cash discount on Toyota's, how much you get depends on your negotiating skills and how many dealers you visit, tell them you will not tell them already negotiated deals and the best deal gets your business, also ask for the sales manager and do not deal with anyone else, he can give you their best deal and has to approve any deal offered by a salesperson anyway
November 17, 20178 yr Couldn't negotiate the price when I bought my new car but do your homework on what options are available on your car and get them to throw them in for free. I got tinted windows, all weather mats, cargo mat, car cover, aluminum pedal covers, first year 1st class insurance, and scheduled service for the first year for free. Also got my NAV system at 1/2 price.
Create an account or sign in to comment