Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

193 Member countries in UN, how many have you visited ?

Featured Replies

We got provinces in TH covered, how about the rest of the planet.

Myself, though more than most Yanks, not very worldly travelled. Most countries, were islands & beaches in the Americas.

Caribbean, Gulf & Altantic, due to my hobbies, diving, and being a beach bum. Some of the best beaches outside of southern Florida. East coast as Gulf beaches suck for swimming in.

10 ish countries in N. America.

EU, just a few, 3, one trip to see niece, with stop in AMS for the museums, and pitstop at Copenhagen, just one night. Buzzing through airports doesn't count.

Thailand being the only other country, outside of N. America & EU.

Did visit most states in USA, and sort of like someone in the EU & UK, visiting most EU countries, as simply to close not to. With the good rail system, no need to even fly in EU.

  • Popular Post

I'm up to 85 countries so far. I would have added another half dozen countries earlier this year (Mexico, Nicaragua, El Salvador and Colombia, as well as Saudi Arabia and Qatar) had my flight to the US on Qatar Airways not been canceled due to the pointless and economy-destroying war in the Middle East. Here is my map of countries visited, made with the app called "Been", which I can recommend. My most recent trip was to Mongolia in August.

image.png

Edited by BangkokHank

27 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Thailand being the only other country, outside of N. America & EU.

You've lived in Thailand how long & it's the only country in Asia that you've visited!

No idea how many countries I've been to but I do remember applying for a Business Visa for India in 2007 and when listing the countries I'd visited in the previous 10 years I got up to 35 before I ran out of room (Left enough space to get Pakistan in at the end though :) )

I'd guess I've done another 30 or so countries since then but my 1 glaring hole is South America... Never been, have always wanted to go, but feels too far away nowadays.

Edited by SamSpade

26 ish

  • Author
9 minutes ago, SamSpade said:

You've lived in Thailand how long & it's the only country in Asia that you've visited!

No idea how many countries I've been to but I do remember applying for a Business Visa for India in 2007 and when listing the countries I'd visited in the previous 10 years I got up to 35 before I ran out of room (Left enough space to get Pakistan in at the end though :) )

I'd guess I've done another 30 or so countries since then but my 1 glaring hole is South America... Never been, have always wanted to go, but feels too far away nowadays.

25+ yrs in TH, as retiree, emphasis on 'retiree'. No other country in Asia really interests me. None worth the hassle of flying to. I'm way travelled out.

Only flew 2X international, (TH / USA) since 9/11 security BS ... NO THANKS. I won't even fly domestic (TH), as can usually drive there as fast, faster and in more comfort. Along with, have my car with me, when at the destination. The journey, driving to, is part of the adventure.

Days of sitting around in an airport are long behind me. And certainly won't be flying FC, so why bother. Nothing I want to see or visit worth the discomfort of flying there.

33 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

25+ yrs in TH, as retiree, emphasis on 'retiree'. No other country in Asia really interests me. None worth the hassle of flying to. I'm way travelled out.

Only flew 2X international, (TH / USA) since 9/11 security BS ... NO THANKS. I won't even fly domestic (TH), as can usually drive there as fast, faster and in more comfort. Along with, have my car with me, when at the destination. The journey, driving to, is part of the adventure.

Days of sitting around in an airport are long behind me. And certainly won't be flying FC, so why bother. Nothing I want to see or visit worth the discomfort of flying there.

Shame really as there are so many wonderful places that are a stone's throw away from Thailand (Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam spring to mind) & you had the opportunity to visit them before they became "Spoiled"... but to each his own.

I retired at 40 then went back to work because the role I was offered involved a lot of international travel, 1/2 dozen countries in Africa, 1 month in Russia, 6 months in Dubai, 6 months in Pakistan, 18 months in India before moving to Singapore for 12 years where as well as travelling for work (Indonesia, Hong Kong, China, Lithuania) I used it as a base to travel around the region, can recall a 3 month spell where I didn't spend a single weekend in Singapore - Happy Days.

Have to say I'm a little tired of travelling now as I'm typing this 1/2 way through my 2nd 6 week trip to the UK this year, have 5 weeks in Malaysia (Did 4 weeks before I came to the UK) to look forward to when this is finished & from there a couple of weeks in Satun visiting GF's family before I can finally get back home (Left home on 12th August so it will be 4 months by the time I get back there).

Edit: Sorry I should probably have said that I'm trying to spend < 180 days in Thailand this year for tax reasons... Had already done a couple of weeks in the Maldives & 4 weeks in Malaysia before my 1st trip to the UK so had 86 days out under my belt by the end of May & am aiming for 195 days out, 170 days in.

Edited by SamSpade

  • Author
1 hour ago, SamSpade said:

Shame really as there are so many wonderful places that are a stone's throw away from Thailand (Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam spring to mind) & you had the opportunity to visit them before they became "Spoiled"... but to each his own.

I retired at 40 then went back to work because the role I was offered involved a lot of international travel, 1/2 dozen countries in Africa, 1 month in Russia, 6 months in Dubai, 6 months in Pakistan, 18 months in India before moving to Singapore for 12 years where as well as travelling for work (Indonesia, Hong Kong, China, Lithuania) I used it as a base to travel around the region, can recall a 3 month spell where I didn't spend a single weekend in Singapore - Happy Days.

Have to say I'm a little tired of travelling now as I'm typing this 1/2 way through my 2nd 6 week trip to the UK this year, have 5 weeks in Malaysia (Did 4 weeks before I came to the UK) to look forward to when this is finished & from there a couple of weeks in Satun visiting GF's family before I can finally get back home (Left home on 12th August so it will be 4 months by the time I get back there).

Edit: Sorry I should probably have said that I'm trying to spend < 180 days in Thailand this year for tax reasons... Had already done a couple of weeks in the Maldives & 4 weeks in Malaysia before my 1st trip to the UK so had 86 days out under my belt by the end of May & am aiming for 195 days out, 170 days in.

6 hrs on a flight, minimum + 3 hrs at the airport to start, then having to fly in the back of the bus ... NO THANKS, and that's just the 1st leg.

Nothing really interests me enough to subject myself to that. VN, offers nothing TH doesn't have. SG, hell no. MY, ID, PI, no need, plenty of beaches & rolling hills in TH. Same same, not that different. JP & CN, but, that plane ride is a turn off.

I've flown FC 99% of the time, and no way can I sit in the back. Not for more than 1 -2 hrs, which doesn't get me anywhere of interest.

Countries I've LIVED in: NZ, Oz, France, Thailand.

Other countries I've visited as a tourist: UK, Germany, Italy, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, China, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Russia, USA, Canada, New Caledonia, Maldives

Other countries visited for work purposes: Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands.

That's about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

  • mfd101

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.