The days of skinny Thais are over - Thai women named second fattest in Asia

webfact

20 minutes ago, epicstuff said:

With KFC and Mac D's on every corner  now what  would anyone expect. I have watched the expansion of western fast food culture and the reduction of  slim sexy girls  in perfect synchronicity.

And the pantries with only a microwave in those shoebox condo units would only encourage processed or street food as the main diet.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife eats "sh*t "  for beakfast,  deep fried chicken or pork,  she calls this   " barbeque  " .     she used to feed this sh*t to my daughter  when we were broke up here in uk,   even when i went to collect my daughter i would ask her what mama gave her for breakfast before school  and she would say     " a sausage roll, or a packet of crisps or some deep fried hot dog sausage " with some gluton sticky rice ( imagine what that stuff does to your insides ) 

absolutely no parental guidance at all and a terrible shame on her.  now my kid is nearly 9 yrs old and does not eat the " sh*t " that mama gives her, shes learning herself and refuses to eat most of mums sh*t .  my kid thank god is now eating cereal or fruit or brown bread toast etc.   she eats a piece of fruit in school as a snack, she is still overweight which she gained when i wasnt around to be there but hopefully she will shed this now as she learns to control what goes into her body , she learns the difference between right and wrong food and eating habits.

my wife is now very overweight ,  we are back together for only the sake of me being there for the kid but its going downhill again fast

Edited by pumpjack

Out where I live (rural area, farmers and factory workers), there has been a really noticeable increase in obese Thais - men and women - of all ages, including children, in the past few years.  It is still a minority but an increasingly numerous one.

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

They can't mean all of Asia. What about India and Pakistan?

Must be SE - Asia they are talking about.  Pakistan is one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to diabetes. 

In SE-Asia I can understand Thailand is on top , when I visit Cambo, Laos  or Vietnam the girls are slimmer . 

7 hours ago, trogers said:

So, your gf has the genes to be potentially fat...

Wait till she turns 40, and the genes might win the struggle.

geeeeze  , eating  more food then you burn makes you fat . oh and sugar in all of the food does not help . heaping teaspoons of sugar in stirfried hot and spicy pork and veggies , in any one big c there are at least 5 outlets that sell donuts and they are all selling like crazy .in  my big c there is 3 ice cream shops 2 donut sellers and 2 cake and sweet bread sellers along with 2 smoothie shops , and that is before you enter the actual big c .  yikes ....

My friend marries a slim farm girl , and take her home to Europe .

When I visit then 2 years later the girl is very over weight , she do not work and sit most of the time. My friend do not seem to care or recognize the problem . 

She changed her diet from primarily Thai food to western food . 

6 hours ago, chopin2 said:

The rice-genes just can't handle the shock of all donuts and burgers. How long before the thais will surpas the westerners in terms of obesitas?

A western lifestyle and diet is disastrous for other cultures and their traditional ways of living and eating. Look at the USA and you see the same thing. The groups with the highest rates of obesity in the US are blacks, hispanics, and Amerinds. Amerinds in particular were once lean, even scrawny, and lithe. But today, they are diabetes prone and massively over weight as a group. Traditional diet was lost in favor of sugar, alcohol, and fast food.

Coincides with the explosion of all the fast food outlets now everywhere in Thailand. The incredible number of 24 hour convenience shops wouldnt help either, as a lot of their food is also fattening and unhealthy compared to the traditional diet of the past.

Edited by BradWilkins

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

nintchdbpict000177708607.jpg

Ummm....there's 240 stores.  Hardly enough to feed even a very small minority of the almost 70 million people here.  Not counting foreigners.

Stand outside a local school when they are getting out.  Junk food served everywhere.  With pudgy kids eating the stuff.  The one stand we saw with healthy food had ZERO customers.  Zero.

junk food 4.jpg

Only have to see some of the monsters dancing in WS GoGo's to realize that Thais are getting bigger.. 15 years ago girls that fat wouldn't have been employed even as cleaners let alone "sexy" dancers.. TBH I'd pay for them to cover up rather than dance.. What a contrast when compared to the hard-bodied girls that used to inhabit the bars of BKK and Pattaya.

Why I usually nip over to Laos when I want to play 'hide the saveloy'.  Thai food is so full of fat and sugar, that unless you exercise to burn it off, it's a one way ticket to fattydom. Try walking around any town outside of Bangkok or Pattaya for several K on a Sunday, can you spot another human doing the same? Not a chance. The fat you eat is the fat you wear, it's really not difficult to understand.   Thai chicks in the '80's, skinny, and toned with it, like Laos girls are now.

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

Well this could be some good news for Victoria's Secret, who could recruit some fine ladies for their next wonderbra campaign !!!:clap2:..

Just don't forget to hand out some invitations to the fashion show for TVF forum members !! :glare:

Unfortunately huge baggy backsides and thunder thighs accompany any size increase in the ( . ) ( . ) dept :(

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Ummm....there's 240 stores.  Hardly enough to feed even a very small minority of the almost 70 million people here.  Not counting foreigners.

Stand outside a local school when they are getting out.  Junk food served everywhere.  With pudgy kids eating the stuff.  The one stand we saw with healthy food had ZERO customers.  Zero.

junk food 4.jpg

Yeah the vendors outside the schools really do know their target audience well! Opposite my school's there's the sausage shop, chicken shop, sugary drink and cake shop and the cheap as you like Chinese made plastic toy shop. Can't knock the entrepreneurship of these shop owners. 

46 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Yeah the vendors outside the schools really do know their target audience well! Opposite my school's there's the sausage shop, chicken shop, sugary drink and cake shop and the cheap as you like Chinese made plastic toy shop. Can't knock the entrepreneurship of these shop owners. 

And yet for some strange reason, some try to blame Western fast food outlets. LOL

They have always liked their pork bellies but was then a special not on a regular basis.

A lot of diet change has come about by those pesky foreign food chains opening

& also Thais are starting to eat & drink dairy products (almost unheard of 25 years ago.

Put out a plate of cheese & biscuits now  & watch the lolly scramble.

A lot can afford to eat better douwe

Gotta say, I was sitting in Maccas at Central Bangna a few weeks ago and considered starting a thread about how Thai females have expanded exponentially over the last 20 years. 

When I worked here in the 90's it was very rare to see a Thai female overweight under 50 years old, Now, outside the bar scene, ir is quite common to see obese schoolgirls and overweight ladies (60Kg plus).

Must be a diet thing?

1 minute ago, midasthailand said:

Gotta say, I was sitting in Maccas at Central Bangna a few weeks ago and considered starting a thread about how Thai females have expanded exponentially over the last 20 years. 

When I worked here in the 90's it was very rare to see a Thai female overweight under 50 years old, Now, outside the bar scene, ir is quite common to see obese schoolgirls and overweight ladies (60Kg plus).

Must be a diet thing?

40 % of primary school students at a particular school are obese.

Not just the fast food, Thai and foreign, there's coke and other fatty food outside the school gate and many shops inside where the kids can get their hyper drinks and some fatty French fries. 

There's a high possibility that we'll see way more "bigger SIAM people" in the near future. 

2 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

They really make tons of cash. But so does the director of each school. The sad part is that nobody cares, money talks. Psst!!!