Three students killed, 48 people injured in school bus crash

webfact

29 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

OMG here we go again. "..driving in excess of the speed limit..."

Wrong! It is driving too fast for the road, traffic and weather conditions. Regardless of the 'speed limit', whatever it may be. A mandatory speed limit doesn't give you the right to travel at that speed (and 'punishment' should take place if above that limit) you must still only travel at a safe speed according to the road, traffic and weather conditions. It is not rocket science folks. :coffee1:

Wrong! .........what are you talking about ?

You tell me I am wrong to state that driving in excess of the speed limit (amongst many other facets of driving that I mentioned) is bad driving; and then within a couple of lines you say that breaking the speed limit should receive  ‘punishment’ 

Did you specifically study contradiction and ambiguity, or do they just come naturally to you ?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Wrong! .........what are you talking about ?

You tell me I am wrong to state that driving in excess of the speed limit (amongst many other facets of driving that I mentioned) is bad driving; and then within a couple of lines you say that breaking the speed limit should receive  ‘punishment’ 

Did you specifically study contradiction and ambiguity, or do they just come naturally to you ?

"speed limit" has little to do with road trauma - it is about driver behaviour, REGARDLESS of "speed limit".

"..you must still only travel at a safe speed according to the road, traffic and weather conditions."

What part do you not understand? (rhetorical question - I am not interested in your confusion). 

Laa gawn 

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

19 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

"speed limit" has little to do with road trauma - it is about driver behaviour, REGARDLESS of "speed limit".

"..you must still only travel at a safe speed according to the road, traffic and weather conditions."

What part do you not understand? (rhetorical question - I am not interested in your confusion). 

Laa gawn 

What on earth is wrong with you ?

Where did I say that you should not travel at a safe speed according to the road, traffic and weather conditions. I DID NOT …… 

I merely said that driving in excess of the speed limit, amongst other facets, was bad driving.

Do you just imagine people have said something so that you can argue with them ?

This is not a case of driving to the conditions it is a case that continually happens here in Thailand and it will continue to happen until the Thai people themselves are educated that their driving habits are dangerous and will continue to cause these accidents. The bus did not encroach into the pick up drivers lane it was the pick up driver who encroached into the buses lane and collided with the bus. You see it everyday where a vehicle is doing a u-turn or entering a road they continually keep moving out into the oncoming traffic trying to force their way in and that is where something needs to be done. It is no good blaming this government because these driving habits have been going on for years without any previous government doing anything about it and allowing the police to do a corrupt job instead of proper law enforcement and now these driving habits are well instilled into the Thai culture.

7 hours ago, Keesters said:

Why do you pick on motorbikes. Just as many unregistered cars and unlicensed drivers I'd guess.

I did not mean to make it sound that I was picking on motorbikes but it is motorbikes are more obvious with the breaches of the law, it is easier to see no number plates, riding with no helmets, too many on one bike, age of riders, and yes there are many unregistered cars on the roads that are being driver by unlicensed drivers under the influence of alcohol and unroadworthy vehicles that are grossly overloaded. Now in Bangkok the only roadblocks are for random breath tests and not registration and license checks. The whole road traffic law system is a total mess and it has been that way for years so it will take many years and cost many more lives before it is fixed. RIP all those that have and will die on the roads of Thailand. 27000 dead in 1 year is unforgivable to all the previous governments that did nothing about

"27000 dead in 1 year is unforgivable to all the previous governments that did nothing about (it) "  ---

Mainly because nobody gives a rat's arse. The need to reduce road deaths and bring in other beneficial social norms is not required in the battle for the trough. 

36 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

"WAKE UP THAILAND AND DO SOMETHING TO SAVE LIVES NOT KILL PEOPLE."

I couldn't agree more but it seems their cultural values are so much different from the modern, first world western farang and apart from that, Governments past and present seem to be completely clueless about what to do, through ignorance or choice, I am not sure which. But as much as us farang posters bitch and moan about these Thai "attitudes" they (Government) are not reading about it and continue to adopt the stance of the Ostrich - head in the sand! Sure, they will talk about anything and everything but do nothing.

Because where there is no will there is no way. :coffee1:

my  post #157.

35 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Blaming "culture" is a get out for those with no argument. Culture in neither static nor linear.

The laws of physics apply wherever you are.

"Blaming "culture" is a get out...."

Agreed, but Thai 'culture' appears not to allow some mitigation of the outcomes of the laws of physics regarding Thai road trauma. There is this systemic failure by Governments (past and present) to learn to deal with the horrendous road trauma. Perhaps in a feudal society the privileged are only interested in their own 'enrichment' to the detriment of the rest of their society? :whistling:

Please if you are going to make comments on road safety in Thailand please get up to speed on what road safety is and how Thailand and international authorities define and approach the issue.

This requires just a little self eduction.

Start by finding out the difference between search and research and work for there.

Otherwise your comments simply make no sense.

47 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Please if you are going to make comments on road safety in Thailand please get up to speed on what road safety is and how Thailand and international authorities define and approach the issue.

This requires just a little self eduction.

Start by finding out the difference between search and research and work for there.

Otherwise your comments simply make no sense.

*******For tbe last 50 years around the world 5 main tenures of road safety have been internationally recognised and applied and where they have been applied the success has been clearly demonstrated*******

The above is part of an earlier comment you made ….. we are all still waiting for you to enlighten us as to what those 5 tenures / tenets are; you have been asked several times by different people, but refuse to answer ……. why ?? 

And now you have the temerity to say that other people's comments simply make no sense ...... doh ??

A spelling police post and off topic picture have been removed:

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

58 minutes ago, Artisi said:

however, I guess if you keep quoting the 5 magic cures, which would probably take the best part of 10 or more years to introduce and a further lifetime to fully implement (if anyone one was really interested in such an endeavour) the continual referencing of them also becomes irrelevant.

As I said if you don't know the basics how can you discuss the topic? If you do the basic research you'll understand the basics of road safety. all the information is easily available, it isn't my job to educate, I'm  putting forward an argument that presumes a certain level of knowledge about the subject.

It is science, but it isn't rocket sciences.

Again, lack of common sense, no will to fix the problem, no enforcement, little penalties...question if the government is using this for population control.  It's mostly the young and middle age that are being killed though.  Again RIP to these people, and the other 30 that died today that were not in the news

22 minutes ago, Redline said:

Again, lack of common sense, no will to fix the problem, no enforcement, little penalties...question if the government is using this for population control.  It's mostly the young and middle age that are being killed though.  Again RIP to these people, and the other 30 that died today that were not in the news

More like 60 + for the day.