Soap opera team become part of real life drama as woman escapes abductor

webfact

Soap opera team become part of real life drama as woman escapes abductor

7apm.jpg

Picture: TNews

A team filming a Thai series in Surat Thani became involved in a drama right out of one of their stories - but this one was for real.

Khemmawan Wongittiaungkul reported on Facebook that her production team were filming a scene when a young woman jumped out of a pick-up truck and appealed for their help.

The woman had been abducted at gunpoint by a man twice her age high on drugs. He had bundled her from a shop into his vehicle and driven off "to take her as his new wife after his real wife refused to have sex with him for a month".

The drama happened by the road leading to Viphawadee district.

A video showed Panatda Phrikbanja, 20, from Patthalung, being treated for injuries at the scene before being taken to hospital by medics.

Police arrested 41 year old Chokechai Chaikhongmeuang, a "Car Care" business owner, 40 kilometers away.

He admitted using a .22 gun to abduct Panatda from the "Teuan Jai" shop next to a branch of 7/11 nearby to where the crew were filming.

He had bundled her into his Vigo and driven off.

When he sobered up he told police that he had wanted to hook up with Panatda for a long time. She lived nearby to him.

He said he was angry with his wife who had refused sex with him for a month. So he decided to abduct Panatda and take her as his new wife.

He took some "ice" methamphetamine and went to find her, reported Tnews.

He has been charged with taking a Class 1 drug, abduction using a weapon and having a weapon in a public place.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-16

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said he was angry with his wife who had refused sex with him for a month. So he decided to abduct Panatda and take her as his new wife.

He took some "ice" methamphetamine and went to find her, reported Tnews.

Probably one of the worst plans in recorded history. 

He has been charged with taking a Class 1 drug, abduction using a weapon and having a weapon in a public place.

He said he was angry with his wife who had refused sex with him for a month.

Knowing his proclivity for booze and drugs, it's not surprising she wanted nothing to do with him.

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Waiting for the Thai apologists with the 'happens in most countries' line ! :cheesy:

Glad she is safe from the nutter though.

"Waiting for the Thai apologists with the 'happens in most countries' line ! :cheesy:"

...but this time the Thai basher was faster :cheesy:

1 hour ago, huanga said:

What is happening? No more wining and dining? Maybe a little walk in the park or a movie or some conversation to gauge the interest?

Wild, wild, west is where these people belong to...

'Wild, wild, west is where these people belong to...'

Why? They are already in the wild, wild east.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

When he sobered up he told police that he had wanted to hook up with Panatda for a long time. She lived nearby to him.

. . . . using a weapon and having a weapon in a public place.

No drunk driving charge, then? And, as for these two living 'nearby' to each other, it'll turn into a work in progress, for sure. And that's even before you put his public weapon in the picture. I think this girl's feller is in for fun and games.

2 hours ago, KBsinter said:

They do not have a kidnapping law in this country.............?

No and there is no law against torture as well. That makes it sometimes difficult to hold members of the RTP or RTA responsible for their actions. 

Edited by hanuman2543

Life may imitate art......but the public viewing  this event from the sidelines would have known that it wasn't part of the soap opera script.......coz......

a. the girl wasn't half caucasian, no flawless white skin, no boob or nose job

b. the bad guy didn't look or dress like a mafia hitman

c. no B grade acting or manufactured hissy fits

d. no shameless advertising of sponsors' products

e. ...........

f  ...........

g ...........

On 11/16/2017 at 10:51 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Waiting for the Thai apologists with the 'happens in most countries' line ! :cheesy:

Glad she is safe from the nutter though.

It’s not a case of being an apologist but being realistic and accepting that not everything is perfect in this country and that there are similar if not worse situations in other countries.

It beggars belief why posters like you choose to continue to live here if life is so bad, or perhaps you have nothing better to do than criticise everything that occurs in Thai society.

30 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

It’s not a case of being an apologist but being realistic and accepting that not everything is perfect in this country and that there are similar if not worse situations in other countries.

It beggars belief why posters like you choose to continue to live here if life is so bad, or perhaps you have nothing better to do than criticise everything that occurs in Thai society.

A guy hi on ice with a gun kidnaps a young woman. 

Why would anyone want to criticise that ?

Just now, StevieAus said:

It’s not the criticism it’s accepting that it doesn’t only happen in Thailand, see my point?

I know it happens in other places. This is called Thai visa. So we talk about things that happen in Thailand. If I want to talk about things that happen in England I would do it on an English site etc. 

So no I don't really see your point.

5 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I live here because I enjoy life here.

Similar things (although I think not too many similar to this actual example) may happen in other countries. if they do, I feel free to also criticise these happenings, as and when I feel.

If, as you suggest, you feel it is not good to live in a society where you can be a critic, in any way or form, of certain crimes that happen, (and believe me, I was brought up in what is considered a rough part of the UK, and I read about it on a daily basis), maybe you could enlighten me as to where you think any particular paradise with zero crime would be ? Maybe I will up sticks and move there in the near future.

I also would imagine you are relatively new to living in Thailand ? If I am still alive, I would love to see your postings on here in 20 years time, unless, of course, you decide to keep wearing those rose tinted glasses, like a small minority on here.

Anyway, may I take this opportunity to welcome you to Thailand, and wish you a safe, and crime free life here.

On 11/18/2017 at 12:08 PM, Thaiwrath said:

I live here because I enjoy life here.

Similar things (although I think not too many similar to this actual example) may happen in other countries. if they do, I feel free to also criticise these happenings, as and when I feel.

If, as you suggest, you feel it is not good to live in a society where you can be a critic, in any way or form, of certain crimes that happen, (and believe me, I was brought up in what is considered a rough part of the UK, and I read about it on a daily basis), maybe you could enlighten me as to where you think any particular paradise with zero crime would be ? Maybe I will up sticks and move there in the near future.

I also would imagine you are relatively new to living in Thailand ? If I am still alive, I would love to see your postings on here in 20 years time, unless, of course, you decide to keep wearing those rose tinted glasses, like a small minority on here.

Anyway, may I take this opportunity to welcome you to Thailand, and wish you a safe, and crime free life here.