Video: "Find the driver who left my dad for dead", begs Chiang Mai daughter

webfact

7 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

What in Hell are you on about? The bike was travelling in a legal traffic lane, going in the right direction. There is no "wrong lane", unless travelling against traffic. 
The bike driver had no chance to avoid, as the truck driver burst out of the side road at max acceleration, and due to the concrete barrier there was no place to land.

Tell that to the copper next time he pulls you over for not being in the left lane. Once again I reiterate the video looked a lot faster than normal speed. All the cars wizzed round the corner, the pick up couldn't accelerate and brake like that normally and the energy from the impact dissipated too quickly. Watch it at .75 speed which looks more natural

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

Tell that to the copper next time he pulls you over for not being in the left lane. Once again I reiterate the video looked a lot faster than normal speed. All the cars wizzed round the corner, the pick up couldn't accelerate and brake like that normally and the energy from the impact dissipated too quickly. Watch it at .75 speed which looks more natural

I have never been pulled over for using the right  lane, because it is a legal and proper travel lane, especially if one is planning to use a u turn which if you look  you can see  a sign for one is posted just after the intersection. 
The rider was travelling legally and the SOB in the truck simply got tired of waiting, ran the guy down, then ran him over.
Reiterate all you want to, it does not change the most obvious facts, and I do not know why you want to..

8 hours ago, alien365 said:

There was no car in the left lane after the crash for quite a while so he wasn't overtaking. He wasn't turning right as he he didn't slow down to turn. He should have been in the left lane like all the other bikes in the video were. All I'm saying is that both did wrong. The pick up, more so, but I'd expect a competent bike rider to have seen him edging out and slowed down a bit. 

I would have to disagree with you as I saw a black car if memory serves me correctly, which slowed and then pulled over to the left.

With regard to the bike riders being of a competent type in Thailand, forget it, like a horse with blinkers on, most either buying their licenses for 1,000 baht at the motor registry, or being unlicensed, just have a look around at the amount of young kids on the roads, no helmets, naturally that would depend if your in a village or not, as I am, and the motor vehicle drivers or most are no different, horses with blinkers on.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, z42 said:

Absolute scumbag. Accidents do happen but the minute you flee and leave an injured person dying in the road should be the minute you lose all rights to any leniency be it if the cops catch you or a mob does.

Wish the victim a full recovery and his daughter well in her quest

agreed.  While I don't agree with but do understand why in Thailand some people flee the scene for fear of being lynched, as soon as they do they should be automatically guilty of leaving the scene and the law should have stiff penalty.