'There's no going back,' Zimbabwe ruling party tells Mugabe

webfact

'There's no going back,' Zimbabwe ruling party tells Mugabe

tag_reuters.jpg

Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe attends the launch of basic commodities in Harare, Zimbabwe July 16, 2008. REUTERS/Philimon Bulawayo/Files

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Leaders of Zimbabwe's ruling ZANU-PF party are meeting on Friday to draft a resolution to dismiss President Robert Mugabe at the weekend and lay the ground for his impeachment next week if he refuses to stand down, a senior party source said.

"There is no going back," the source told Reuters. "If he becomes stubborn, we will arrange for him to be fired on Sunday. When that is done, it's impeachment on Tuesday."

(Reporting by Ed Cropley; Editing by Alexander Winning)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-11-17

Mugabe is so far past the sell by date, if defies the imagination. He can barely walk or talk. He should have been "retired" a long, long time ago. It is obvious he likes the power and fortune just a bit too much. And it appears he was intending to install his wife in his place. I am typically not supportive of military style intervention, but someone had to intervene. Very happy to see him go. He should have exited stage left a decade ago. Nobody will miss him. Except perhaps his bankers.

Make him pay back the millions he's stolen from his people.  Amazing some actually supported this brutal dictator.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/17/robert-grace-mugabe-missing-millions-money-zimababwe

Robert Mugabe's vast wealth exposed by lavish homes and decadent ways

Zimbabwe’s leader is said to have assets of £1bn – but since an EU crackdown in 2002, there has been little sign of extravagant spending outside the country

1 hour ago, Trouble said:

It would be nice it they stripped him of his wealth.  Find the foreign bank accounts and let the international community step up to the plate and return the money to the people.

That's not how it works. That obscene blood wealth stays intact. Then you get the global humanitarian agencies to send money from other country's treasuries to begin funding the blood wealth money laundering accounts of the next regime. That's how the globalised economy works.

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Mugabe is so far past the sell by date, if defies the imagination. He can barely walk or talk. He should have been "retired" a long, long time ago.

Indeed, his retiring should have come in the form of public evisceration. A revolting pig of a man that makes the term 'only the good die young' so very poignant. 

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

That's not how it works. That obscene blood wealth stays intact. Then you get the global humanitarian agencies to send money from other country's treasuries to begin funding the blood wealth money laundering accounts of the next regime. That's how the globalised economy works.

I doubt Mugabe will be getting any humanitarian aid.  His successor probably will.

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Its China that orchestrated this ,i love the way us white people in the west have been demonized for "raping" Africa of its wealth ,yet the Chinese are doing it now and are "saviours" of the country .

To be honest, Western involvement in Africa, like in many other places globally, has been horrible.  Look at the deaths caused by Belgium's involvement in Africa.  Or Spain in South America.  Or.....

I've not read that China is saving 3rd world countries like this.  Quite the opposite, actually.

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Indeed, his retiring should have come in the form of public evisceration. A revolting pig of a man that makes the term 'only the good die young' so very poignant. 

True that. I does seem as if the universe is set up in such a way, as to allow the preservation of the evil, wretched, greedy and heinous. And to allow good people, those with a charitable heart, those that are honest and have integrity, and those that have love and respect for mankind, to live shorter lives, and suffer much. Anyone have a clue as to why this is? I am dumbfounded by this, on a regular basis. Granted, my mother taught me early on that life is not fair, so I do not expect that. But, still.