Woman, 61, returns Bt60,000 wrongly credited to her account

rooster59

Woman, 61, returns Bt60,000 wrongly credited to her account

By The Nation

A 61-year-old woman in Nakhon Si Thammarat province on Saturday returned Bt60,000 wrongly deposited in her bank account.

Phichit Aochai went to the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives’ Thunyai branch and returned the money.

Phichit said she withdrew the cash on Friday thinking it was money she had got from the sale of her car but she later checked with the buyer and learned the money had not yet been deposited in her account.

Julawan Hemthanon, assistant manager of the branch, accepted the cash and pledged to find the person to whom it belonged.

Phichit said although she was poor and living with her 22-year-old disabled daughter, she does not want to take what does not belong to her.

She said last month she had found a wallet belonging to a foreign tourist with a lot of cash. She returned it to the hotel and the tourist gave her a Bt10,000 reward.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30331945

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-18

Got bank statement in USA one time (US bank also) showed an extra $100,000 deposit. "Hmm, I think I'd remember that..." Decided to do nothing and see what happened. A few weeks later got notifying me of $100,000 withdrawal. Easy come, easy go. At least they didn't take the interest on it, so what the hey.

1 hour ago, Emster23 said:

Got bank statement in USA one time (US bank also) showed an extra $100,000 deposit. "Hmm, I think I'd remember that..." Decided to do nothing and see what happened. A few weeks later got notifying me of $100,000 withdrawal. Easy come, easy go. At least they didn't take the interest on it, so what the hey.

You do realize this is a form of Money Laundering don't you??  Prking money in someone elses account, then going back to get the bank to withdraw it.  I would have transferred it out of my account and wait n see what happens, if after a month no questions, would have contacted the Police.  But thats just me.

13 hours ago, Emster23 said:

I recall a number of years ago reading that bunch of Indians at B of A were caught laundering money by hiding it in other accounts, but the accounts were usually dormant. 

Archived