90 day reporting/residence question

I was told recently that my son (27 year old, thai passport) whose name is on the house-papers, could also report me as living in the same residence as him and my ex-wife.

Must the reporting be done by the home-owner or can anyone else living there report me as well ?

The reason I'm asking is my ex might have a problem doing the reporting whereas my son does not ?

Thanks

90 day address must be made by person staying 90 days or whoever they designate to do so.  There is no requirement for it to be relative or home owner.  Just remember that there is another report that homeowner must make when a foreigner is living on their property - how closely that is followed varies greatly by the immigration office area but if son is caretaker of the property expect he could do that report if required.

You also have the options to use mail or on-line reporting from most locations for the normal 90 day address reporting.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

Offices differ in the details of who they will accept doing TM30 notifications. If your son can state with some degree of credibility to be the possessor of the property, immigration will probably accept his notification, but you will need to double check with the local office.