Applying for multiple non-o in uk

It took me less than a week although mine was routine, for retirement. Use a postal order, for which you have pay in cash so fulfils the "cash" only requirement of the embassy. Use the registered post which at my post office turned out to be EMS and a self addressed envelope for the return of passport.
Since you have had similar visas in the past there should be no problem. However I feel that the bare forms are impersonal so I include a note, Dear sir, Please find enclosed my application etc.. / I submit for your consideration etc. I don't know if people like that but it has done me no harm, I do it with the 90 day reports by mail too.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

From the Thai Embassy London. Not sure if that includes multi entry or not.

"Non-Immigrant Type O 

Birth Certificate (applicant's child)"

Category "O"   To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, retirement (with State Pension)

I’m on retirement and it is m/entry

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scottyp1980 said:

I didn't submit any evidence. 

I just emailed the Glasgow consulate asking if they did applying in person non-o multiple entry based on having a child. 

I have all the corrects documents required according to the London embassy website (copy birth certificate , proof of income), these have been good enough when applying in Vientiane where I have been issued 3 non -o in the past but there I have also had to provide copies of my sons / girlfriends blue book and her ID card but according to the London embassy website this is not required!

I can't understand why I have been issued in Laos without being married but according to the Glasgow office I'm not entitled to the non-o unless I'm married. Also I know lots of people in Thailand what are not also married and get the multiple non-o!!!

The lady also states in the email ' 

Only the mothers have custody rights over their children.'

I don't understand this comment as I'm not wanting custody I stay in Thailand with my child and girlfriend as a family and have no intention of having custody!!

Different visa’s available in different countries

6 hours ago, zoza said:

i got a single entry non-imm-o from London when I produced evidence that I was

in receipt of my OAP, I was not offered any multi-entry non-imm-o's or any multi-entry Tourist visa as it appears they have phased them out.

I applied in Liverpool and it took about five days. 

You don’t get offered a visa you tick the boxes of the one you want. Top right hand side is where you put “M”.

you can get a multi entry non o via post from london.....you need to show money in your bank (5000 pounds) a tax recipt etc and i send my friend a electric bill from the house in the jungle as proff of an adress....you dont need to be married my friend does it every year he arrived 3 weeks ago with his 12 month multi entry and its 125 english pounds...

1 minute ago, steve187 said:

no

This is the email I received this morning, this was after explaining to her that I have received 3 non-o from Laos!!

Hi Scott,

~According to their instructions to me you have to be married to a Thai National before you can get a Non Immigrant O  visa.  But it is up to yourself if you want to apply to London.  I would be interested to hear their response.

Good luck,

Kay

3 hours ago, cookieqw said:

Different visa’s available in different countries

... and by different Thai consulates in the Same Country - even if they are both "official" ones - and at each of these over time.

33 minutes ago, scottyp1980 said:

This is the email I received this morning, this was after explaining to her that I have received 3 non-o from Laos!!

What they do in another country is not relevant, unfortunately. 

Do not expect consistency, or you will be repeatedly-angered by varying Thai immigration policies - not only at consulates, but at different immigration-offices within the country, as well.  Expecting the inconsistency takes some of the edge off of the disappointment (though not all).  I try to practice thinking of each application for anything in terms of, "Let's see what happens, this time."

Hi Scott,

~According to their instructions to me you have to be married to a Thai National before you can get a Non Immigrant O  visa.  But it is up to yourself if you want to apply to London.  I would be interested to hear their response.

Good luck,

Kay

Nothing would surprise me Scott. If she has been told that and it reflects the Consul’s understanding of the embassy’s published requirements then a childless marriage wouldn’t qualify!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, scottyp1980 said:

Hi Scott,

Good luck,

Kay

The way I interpret this is that London instructed Kay on the most common criterion under which a Non O could be issued by her following vetting by London. The embassy did not want to take the time to provide detailed guidance.

As you discover more about what London will and will not accept, it would be a kindness to assist with the training of the consulate staff on the London Embassy's visa policies.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

Try emailing the Hull consulate and their website seems to have more information than the Main Embassey in London. The Consul there is English and not Thai, which is probably why the information is a lot clearer to understand from there.

You can certainly try. The problem is that Hull cannot issue multiple entry visas and, based on experience, consulates should not be trusted to give correct information about visas they do not issue themselves. Thus, be very skeptical about the answers you receive from Hull.