Prayut wants law and order in Pattaya, Jomtien Beach

webfact

Prayut wants law and order in Pattaya, Jomtien Beach

By The Nation

pat.jpg

File photo

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has unveiled his vision for a more orderly downtown Pattaya and a Jomtien Beach zoned for a better balance of public activities.

The premier this week instructed the administrators of Pattaya in Chon Buri to bring the city more in line with national approaches to law and order.

And General Prayut also wants them to make Jomtien Beach a model of good balance among tourist attractions and activities.

“I’ve been overseas and thought that, if a beach is too empty, it feels lifeless,” he said.

“The authorities should arrange appropriate activity zones so that visitors can choose either to sit and drink beer, to play sports or to shop.

“There shouldn’t be too many shops, like we have on the beaches in our country now. Space should be appropriately arranged in zones, with a balance between commercial activities and peaceful, quiet spots.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30332240

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-22

He’s been overseas and thought that, if too empty, a beach can feel lifeless. 

Funny that in many areas in the world, huge efforts are made to preserve the natural beauty of beaches - ie focusing on clean sand and water and management of coastal habitats. All so people can enjoy the beauty of the natural environment and sports and recreation opportunities.  

Never have I ever thought that a clean and natural sweep of beach -without deckchairs or food or beverage outlets, or vendors -was lifeless.    Rather, it’s a thing of beauty.

Here, it’s just another opportunity for income generation. 

20 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

national approaches to law and order."

Pattaya police are already doing that and minting it in.  How about Pattaya meterless taximeters conforming to the national law?  Ask the police why the taxi mafia don't obey the law.

Thais hate quiet spots.......I have suffered this before when travelling to different places with them.
The more mobbed and packed out a place is the more they like it. The first time I went to Koh Larn we had a chance to get on a secluded quiet section of a beach.

Nope, off to the to most crowded busiest bit with more screaming kids, loud music, rubbish etc...

Their rule of thumb is - If no people - there is something wrong with the place. Explains why they are packing the place full of Chinese.

55 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

Thais hate quiet spots.......I have suffered this before when travelling to different places with them.
The more mobbed and packed out a place is the more they like it. The first time I went to Koh Larn we had a chance to get on a secluded quiet section of a beach.

Nope, off to the to most crowded busiest bit with more screaming kids, loud music, rubbish etc...

Absolutely true.

57 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

Their rule of thumb is - If no people - there is something wrong with the place. Explains why they are packing the place full of chinks. Chinese.

Possibly they are thinking it could be due to Pee [ghosts] or more likely Kee in the water.

I have an idea how to help here, we could restore law and order by having a crackdown on anything that makes people happy that will stop the pesky tourists coming to Thailand which in turn will reduce all the scams that happen therefore reducing crime - we could also give automatic 5 year bans from Thailand for anyone that feeds fish or has a beer on the beach during the day (although it may be difficult to find one between 2 and 5)

Clearly he has never been to Jomtien. On the land side of beach road there are shops and bars. On the beach itself there is permanent volleyball and often beach football. Where does he proposed these new zones to be ?

Could it be that the lifeless beaches are due to the fact that the farangs prefer to sit around their hotel pools because there is no litter, smells from the waste bins and you can swim in clean water ?

7 hours ago, Bangna Betty said:

He’s been overseas and thought that, if too empty, a beach can feel lifeless. 

Funny that in many areas in the world, huge efforts are made to preserve the natural beauty of beaches - ie focusing on clean sand and water and management of coastal habitats. All so people can enjoy the beauty of the natural environment and sports and recreation opportunities.  

Never have I ever thought that a clean and natural sweep of beach -without deckchairs or food or beverage outlets, or vendors -was lifeless.    Rather, it’s a thing of beauty.

Here, it’s just another opportunity for income generation. 

He has no clue. That's why a election is a must do ASAP

Bit like telling Al Capone to go out and obey the law. :cheesy::cheesy: While he is telling the cops  what they must do they are thinking where there next corruption money is coming from? But then again they all got new haircuts Maybe that will change them :post-4641-1156694572:

23 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Bit like telling Al Capone to go out and obey the law. :cheesy::cheesy: While he is telling the cops  what they must do they are thinking where there next corruption money is coming from? But then again they all got new haircuts Maybe that will change them :post-4641-1156694572:

The military own Pattaya now...like the rest of the country. 

On 22/11/2017 at 8:05 PM, InMyShadow said:

yeah like the last 50 years of democracy did anything for Pattaya beach

Your post is cringe worthy

The last 50 years of democracy and coups saw a poverty stricken s@#thole fishing village grow into one of the most interesting and profitable cities in Asia. Because it had its own system of municipal governance. Hundreds of thousand of people have work there now and it has millions of visitors. The last thing it needs is the opinions of Christian missionaries, the military, or people like you who like many 'postman pats from Perth'  have neve been here or just failed in life in Thailand. Pattaya is one of the most remarkable cities in the world. I have been travelling since i was 12 and have visited over 60 countries. 

On 22/11/2017 at 8:05 PM, InMyShadow said:

yeah like the last 50 years of democracy did anything for Pattaya beach

Your post is cringe worthy

Maybe to somebody like yourself. But there is a great number of highly intelligent young professionals who are being shunned by old age pretend soldiers.

The idea behind this law and order campaign is really social cleansing and is being created by an unholy alliance of religious fundamentalism and military mindset. You only have to see how the vibrancy of lower sukhumvit has been destroyed leaving a road once packed with food stalls, pop up bars, clothes and souvenir vendors... one of the most dynamic, interesting street markets in the world destroyed and the barren wasteland left behind has all the charisma of a used condom.