sukhumvit SOI 71. Is it worth investing?

samkam

36 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's definitely a renter's market. I just signed up for a year's contract on a 2 bed/2 bath condo near Phra Khanong BTS for a bargain 22,500 a month. Lots of empty 2 bed units in the building for 25-28,000.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What sqm the 2 bedroom unit?

51 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's definitely a renter's market. I just signed up for a year's contract on a 2 bed/2 bath condo near Phra Khanong BTS for a bargain 22,500 a month. Lots of empty 2 bed units in the building for 25-28,000.

Yes there are 100's if not 1000's of open units.

Rents have gone up on the face, but negotiate and get much lower.

Pay lets say 3 months in advance, some decent bargains.

A friend just rented a 100 sq/m 3 bedroom in Thong Lo on Suk 34; older building for 25,000/mo.

Turned out buildings behind were about to be torn down and there will be ongoing construction for a while but the building is so solid, once he closes doors and turns on the AC, he hears nothing.

4 minutes ago, dddave said:

A friend just rented a 100 sq/m 3 bedroom in Thong Lo on Suk 34; older building for 25,000/mo.

Turned out buildings behind were about to be torn down and there will be ongoing construction for a while but the building is so solid, once he closes doors and turns on the AC, he hears nothing.

hmm.  That is what he told you?

My experience here is that construction near is the kiss of death.

No double pane windows, etc.

Anyone buying or renting heed a warning check out the surrounding area.  Construction can ruin ones peace big time.

36 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

hmm.  That is what he told you?

My experience here is that construction near is the kiss of death.

No double pane windows, etc.

Anyone buying or renting heed a warning check out the surrounding area.  Construction can ruin ones peace big time.

He was pretty put out at first and was ready to turn around and return to his old place but the owner, who also owns a few hotels guaranteed him a free hotel room any time the noise got too intrusive.  Though the buildings were only about 10 feet from his back balcony, the company knocking them down knew what they were doing and he was surprised that it really didn't disturb him that often.  He trades at night and sleeps until close to noon and was only aware a few times of the demolition.  It always takes a while for construction to start as soil conditions need to be tested and foundation plans need to be drawn so it will probably be a year before construction begins.  That may not be so unobtrusive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2017 at 5:32 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

prices seems pretty even for sol 50 vs sol 71. My heart says sol 50 even if it means to plonk a bit more money due to the size of the unit 

On 12/16/2017 at 10:05 PM, berybert said:

I had a look down 71 about a week ago. Far to busy for my liking, Seems to be a lot of down and outs about and far to many cops hanging about.

Went to 101/1 Wednesday, looks a far better bet. If I had to choose I'd deffo go there. 

having cops hanging out reduces crime? or its a matter of not having one when u need one?

On 12/16/2017 at 9:05 PM, berybert said:

I had a look down 71 about a week ago. Far to busy for my liking, Seems to be a lot of down and outs about and far to many cops hanging about.

Went to 101/1 Wednesday, looks a far better bet. If I had to choose I'd deffo go there. 

Must have been some kind of a situation if there was a large number of police around '71 as in my 14 years living there, a large police presence is rare.  There is often a alcohol checkpoint weekend nights by the Max-Value shopping center.

I daily walk from Soi 16 to the BTS, often at night and sometimes walk home from the BTS very late, even into the early hours and have never once felt threatened or had any kind of unpleasant encounter.

There are a lot of small karaoke bars along '71 so there can be drunks about but I've never seen any violence there.

I lived in SS condo in soi 101/1 some time ago. Very affordable units , rent start from 10k and up. Easy to walk to Udomsuk BTS , even if its 600 meters away.2 nice swimming pools and gym.

I lived in SS condo in soi 101/1 some time ago. Very affordable units , rent start from 10k and up. Easy to walk to Udomsuk BTS , even if its 600 meters away.2 nice swimming pools and gym.
I bought there and flipped to a Japanese guy. Top floor and I believe they had a shuttle to the bts but it's a good long walk if it wasn't available

Much prefer now being 150 meters to Nana bts but rarely use it unless going to paragon or mbk

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, samkam said:

are the lower SOI numbers like 1 to 50 more favourable or it does not matter as its random numbers?

The numbers do not match even to odd.  So Sukhumvit 50 is actually a fair way further up than Sukhumvit 71 (one BTS stop). 

• 2 weeks later...

spotted a new launch by sansiri. But based on my google-<deleted>, seems like there were quality problems in 2010 to 2013.

Wonder if kawa haus will be affected by this at T77.

Seems that prices are pretty stiff as well.

On 24/12/2017 at 1:03 AM, balo said:

And in the middle of fricken nowhere.....

have to agree the bubble in Bangkok property  prices seems way over priced these days. I have also made this mistake buying condos in pattaya when the market was doing great only to find it collapse afterwards, the places where people say its a good investment like silom or thonglor yes prices stay high and increase quite well. problem is its very expensive to invest in these areas and you may as well buy bitcoin instead, same risk but more possibility for reward,

• 3 weeks later...