Cadet died ‘due to health issue’

webfact

12 hours ago, sweatalot said:

I guess the military would have announced this in a hurry - if it were the case with him.

Time scale of "a hurry" with regards to determining what manner of cardiomyopathy, if any (versus other possible causes of arrest) you figure to be how long, please?

7 hours ago, max2u said:

Sold for what usage?

7 hours ago, max2u said:

Sold for what usage?

There is a big market for organs for sick people.  Imagine you needed a liver transplant, and would die without it in a few months.  How much would a person pay for a functional and healthy liver from a healthy specimen, on either the legal or otherwise market?   There is a business and big money involved in supplying this need.  Some of it is aboveboard,  and done through legal channels,  some of it is not.     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_trade

one example:   In Iran's legal markets, the price of a kidney ranges from $2,000 to $4,000.[10][11] On the black market, however, the price may be above $160,000, most of which is taken by middlemen.

Edited by alfalfa19
just cuz

29 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

There is a big market for organs for sick people.  Imagine you needed a liver transplant, and would die without it in a few months.  How much would a person pay for a functional and healthy liver from a healthy specimen, on either the legal or otherwise market?   There is a business and big money involved in supplying this need.  Some of it is aboveboard,  and done through legal channels,  some of it is not. 

If it's being harvested in the morgue, for most organs that's already dead meat, and even kidneys would need rapid harvesting once oxygenated blood circulation was no more.  Even here there's the constraint of tissue matching; 

'best case scenario' for proposed piracy is murdered to order OR when suddenly (or not so suddely) died, promptly maintained on heart-lung machine while tissue-matched potential recipient is located. Seems that lots less visible victims than military cadets could be found for that sort of criminal enterprise.

Edited by max2u

17 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

1988. A short, week-long border war (or should I say, skirmish) with Laos. Guess who won. Exactly!

20 hours ago, mark01 said:

Training for what?

The Thai military do pretty much f#&£ all, except man checkpoints, measure deckchair plots and parade.

Remember the last war Thailand was in? Exactly!!!

Their purpose is to keep control of their own population for the elite, anything else is just smoke & mirrors, given the number of "watermelons" in their ranks there is hope that they might not actually manage this...

On 23/11/2017 at 10:11 AM, Jonmarleesco said:

People with health issues are supposed to be identified at medical-check time. That said, Prawit somehow got in.

You said medical not mental.

One of the things that no military seem to be able to check is allergies, I remember a few years back when my son was a cadet and on camp in Australia and one of the cadets died. It was unknown to both the family and the army that the cadet actually suffered from a peanut allergy and someone on the camp gave him some peanuts. I am not saying that this is what happened here