Extending Non O visa via 40k income based on dependent

Greetings, 

I have been told that one can extend their non O for a year if they have a Thai dependent.

I went to do this and was told that 40k income doesn't exist and that only with 400k could I do this.

Anyone have any experience lately of this? I mean  getting an extension with NON-O based on dependent and 40k income?

Thanks for any and all info!

There have been no changes to the rules. The 40k baht income option is still available to apply for an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. 

It shown here on the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

What is the source of your income? 

If from outside Thailand it has to be proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Within the country if is proven by by income tax payments and showing a work permit to prove it is earned legally.

• Like 2

Just did extension non-o based on thai child.

All i needed was a letter of the embassy to support the visa application.

Income 40.000 thb or more per month.

Immigration officers not see often that letter and after verification they accepted the letter.

Letter need to be legalized at the ministery of foreign affairs and did costs 200 thb took 3 days

Same day early in the morning and you have to pay 1200 thb extra

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been no changes to the rules. The 40k baht income option is still available to apply for an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. 

It shown here on the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

What is the source of your income? 

If from outside Thailand it has to be proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Within the country if is proven by by income tax payments and showing a work permit to prove it is earned legally.

My income is from overseas, but I asked about a letter etc... I guess I just got a mean lady...

4 minutes ago, Yonisch said:

My income is from overseas, but I asked about a letter etc... I guess I just got a mean lady...

It could be she confused the extension you were asking about. She might of thought you were asking about one for being the parent of a foreign child attending school that only has a 500k baht in the bank option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Yonisch said:

I went to do this and was told that 40k income doesn't exist and that only with 400k could I do this.

Do you already have a Non-O Visa or extension of stay?

Which office? 

If this was for a Conversion to a Non-O, it sounds a lot like my Jomtien conversion attempt - I was told the same thing - but was for a "based on marriage" conversion.

Edited by JackThompson

42 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Do you already have a Non-O Visa or extension of stay?

Which office? 

If this was for a Conversion to a Non-O, it sounds a lot like my Jomtien conversion attempt - I was told the same thing - but was for a "based on marriage" conversion.

already had a non o from Vientiane, wanted to extend it to a year at the Government complex chang watana ( sorry about the spelling.)

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It could be she confused the extension you were asking about. She might of thought you were asking about one for being the parent of a foreign child attending school that only has a 500k baht in the bank option.

My girlfriend made it clear in thai and I also stated the facts, baby being there etc.. (My girlfriends father is French and used to do this same thing for 5years before he married her mom, lady said the rules never changed... I think she was having a bad day..) She was just kinda meh... And she stated that only with 400k could I do it... I donno just bad luck I guess. I'll have to get the embassy paper next time I suppose. Thank you very much though, your info is always informative, think I'll just do the multiple entry non o/family vacation route. 

1 hour ago, Yonisch said:

I'll have to get the embassy paper next time I suppose.

You'd definitely need the embassy paper to go the income-route (unless working here and proving income that way).  Chang Wattana usually keeps the legal-avenue open to those with the paperwork (vs "paid agent" path, where anything goes).

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Yonisch said:

Did you do all the extra court stuff as well for your child? I am just on the birth certificate.. Thank you for the info though. 

You are going to have to have your parenthood legitimized to apply for the one year extension. Your name on the birth does not make you the legal father of your child.

• Thanks 1

I just completed my 2nd Non-O marriage extension last week at Surin Immigration. Both times they have accepted the US Embassy income affidavit without asking for a translation. I took the originals and copies of the required paperwork, passport, photos and map. This time they also requested copies of daughters birth certificates which I didn't have. but were available at Amphoe office nearby.  Another thing different this year was after everything was compiled, I had to take it to the copy shop, pay for copying and take both sets back.

• Thanks 1