Spoilt for choice - Not!

thequietman

PCX needs back tire. I live in the sticks. Not 1 Honda dealer has tire changing facilities and there are at lest 5 of them.

I asked for pirelli, no nab, Dunlop (from the Dunlop shop) no hab. Can you order for me? Cannot.

So my choices are IRC (stock tires for pcx) 900 not fitted, Maxxis tire 600 baht (not fitted) or BM tire (name on them like Yokohama or sumthin) 800 baht fitted.

I know nothing about tires, so please help me out.

Also really hard to get any1 to fit for you if you don't buy from them. It was just a flat 'NO.'

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

Any particular reason other than price kwasaki?

No because tyres are tyres and on a scoot cheaper ones usually wear out quicker, l find IRC OK even though wanna be MotoGP riders here say there crap.

35 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No because tyres are tyres and on a scoot cheaper ones usually wear out quicker, l find IRC OK even though wanna be MotoGP riders here say there crap.

35 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

So .............. get the IRC tire or the Maxxis? I suppose for 600 baht for the maxxis, I can change it fairly regularly.  But the pcx comes with IRC, so unsure which one.  I drive 80 km's to work each day. Drive no more than 70 km/hr, 9 months of the year.

4 hours ago, papa al said:

What is a "tire changing facility?"

No hab tire-irons/compressed air?

5 5

Those little hole-in-the-wall mocy fix places would mount a tire for you cheap.

They prolly sell you a tire cheaper too.

√  out.

Yes Papa, there are lots of those but they scrape the rims and do not place the rim on a rubber or cloth mat. Scraping the rim seems to be commonplace here and they look confused when you point out that the rim didn't have them before they started work.

I tried the car places but nobody wants to touch the pcx. Lazy or they don't do - who knows.

13 hours ago, thequietman said:

So .............. get the IRC tire or the Maxxis? I suppose for 600 baht for the maxxis, I can change it fairly regularly.  But the pcx comes with IRC, so unsure which one.  I drive 80 km's to work each day. Drive no more than 70 km/hr, 9 months of the year.

All I would say to you is give Maxxis a a try they were OK on car I had,  3 differents tyres on my Versys notice some different but nout to be fussed about.

My airblade scoot always has IRC found them to be OK never a problem.

The small bike mechanic shops in our village do take care when changing by hand, all main dealers which are not that far away have tyre and balancing facilities.

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

All I would say to you is give Maxxis a a try they were OK on car I had,  3 differents tyres on my Versys notice some different but nout to be fussed about.

My airblade scoot always has IRC found them to be OK never a problem.

The small bike mechanic shops in our village do take care when changing by hand, all main dealers which are not that far away have tyre and balancing facilities.

Thanks Kwasaki, bought today and fitted for 200 baht. They did of course scrape the paint on the rim. No surprise there. I will see how long they last.

I would like to change the shocks as the ride on the pcx is not as soft as I would like it. 

I ride 90 kms a day, so it's important I am comfortable.

Any recommendations please?

4 hours ago, thequietman said:

Thanks Kwasaki, bought today and fitted for 200 baht. They did of course scrape the paint on the rim. No surprise there. I will see how long they last.

I would like to change the shocks as the ride on the pcx is not as soft as I would like it. 

I ride 90 kms a day, so it's important I am comfortable.

Any recommendations please?

I'm not too familiar with PCX scoot suspension but if it's not air, it's usually possible to open up the shocks and you can replace oil with a thinner oil.